Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Erupt spell in Mag domain

I understand that Path of Love seems to align with Fo and Path of Insanity with Lib and Path of Knowledge with Vyn...yet the only meditation ability which actually requires a priest domain is erupt (Paths of Power) for Mag.  Is this relating to PvP?  Could it be changed so on Freedom this is no longer a requirement? 

It interferes with deed domains if you want to erupt a tile within another domain, so you have to destroy the altar and create a new one just to be able to cast erupt. 

Thanks.

• Like 5

what is so hard about following mag?

or making an alt to make a mag altar

"Okay folks, going to find the tile and dig it open to rock so we can erupt it!"  (Five hours later)  "Here is the correct tile on the surface, all dug down to rock!  Bring the Path of Power char, and let's erupt this tile!"  (Ten minutes later)  "Boo!  No Mag domain.  Build an altar first, please..."  (Fifteen minutes later) "Oh wait, now we need to bless it.  My priest does not have prem.  Okay, so first we need to pay additional money to prem said priest (or hire another priest), to bless the altar, after which I can use my PoP char to erupt the tile..."  (Either forks out 5 silver to prem priest if you are lucky enough to have one, or ask in GL for a priest to travel to you and then pay him to bless the altar...this could take a day, or two...)  "My weekend is over, working all week so will have to wait until next weekend to erupt the tile!"  

Next weekend:  "Yay, got the tile erupted!  Now for the second one in this tunnel..."  "Oh wait, there is a deed close by with another priest domain.  Think they will be happy to bash their altar so I can erupt this tile because I can only do it in a Mag domain?"

It is unfair that this is literally the ONLY meditation spell in the game which has any interaction with domains for it to work.  It is also unfair that, if you don't have a premiumed Mag priest, you will have to fork out money to get a domain in an area where a MEDITATION spell is supposed to work.  To make it a prerequisite means you have to mess up your current domains just for this cast.

These things make it hard. (Not to mention the 18 hour cool down,  which also makes it hard.)  (And the time it needed to get your char to that meditation level in the first place.)

Edited by elf
Edit: It takes a hella time to get a char to PoP level where he can erupt tiles in the first place.
  • Like 5

Its a game and there are ways to play it to accomplish your goals, why is that unfair?  It takes 5 min to make an altar and you do not have to be premium or a priest to make it.  I seriously don't understand why people in wurm choose to play the forums and beg to make things easier instead of just playing the game and overcome the obstacles as intented.  

With that being said if you need tiles erupted let me know, I can melt or freeze 3 times every 18 hours and make my own mag altar if needed.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 2

Was gonna +1 this but never mind, madnezz has the set up for it so the rest of us should be like him or shut up.

(+1)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, elf said:

"Okay folks, going to find the tile and dig it open to rock so we can erupt it!"  (Five hours later)  "Here is the correct tile on the surface, all dug down to rock!  Bring the Path of Power char, and let's erupt this tile!"  (Ten minutes later)  "Boo!  No Mag domain.  Build an altar first, please..."  (Fifteen minutes later) "Oh wait, now we need to bless it.  My priest does not have prem.  Okay, so first we need to pay additional money to prem said priest (or hire another priest), to bless the altar, after which I can use my PoP char to erupt the tile..."  (Either forks out 5 silver to prem priest if you are lucky enough to have one, or ask in GL for a priest to travel to you and then pay him to bless the altar...this could take a day, or two...)  "My weekend is over, working all week so will have to wait until next weekend to erupt the tile!"  

Next weekend:  "Yay, got the tile erupted!  Now for the second one in this tunnel..."  "Oh wait, there is a deed close by with another priest domain.  Think they will be happy to bash their altar so I can erupt this tile because I can only do it in a Mag domain?"

It is unfair that this is literally the ONLY meditation spell in the game which has any interaction with domains for it to work.  It is also unfair that, if you don't have a premiumed Mag priest, you will have to fork out money to get a domain in an area where a MEDITATION spell is supposed to work.  To make it a prerequisite means you have to mess up your current domains just for this cast.

These things make it hard. (Not to mention the 18 hour cool down,  which also makes it hard.)  (And the time it needed to get your char to that meditation level in the first place.)

I erupt tiles all the time on my FO priest, it is not hard. I have an alt in addition to my main who follow mag and have no problem making an altar, neighbors domain too strong? Not a big deal, improve your wood/stone altar till it is the domain for the tile you want to erupt, this is simple, really it is. 

The only thing people should be complaining about is the massive nerf to the eruption ability implemented over a year ago that pretty much makes it impossible to remove a reinforced cave wall in your perimeter, or in a situation where you can not expand a deed or place a deed to mine out the problem tile. Sure you can find a rare mag priest and spend possibly days chain casting a spell, but why should it be this hard to remove a reinforcement in a spot that can't be deeded? Or force people to expand a deed or drop a deed for the same thing when the eruption spell took care of that? This is a sandbox and there should not be so many restrictions in place like this.

In the rare instance you have no business removing reinforcements in this manner, then that could fall under the heading of 'griefing' and can be dealt with on a case by case basis, there was no need to limit this ability.

Also I offer the same help for removing problem rocks as madnezz offered.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Absolutely, we should be able to erupt reinforced mine tiles on Freedom.  This world is a sandbox and it is inconceivable that any type of "reinforced" tile would stand in our way forever.  We have exactly the same situation on the perim between our two deeds, and we cannot deed over that spot, and the reinforced tile has been made over 7 years ago by the player who owned the spot before we deeded there...and there it still stands.

That aspect is the MOST annoying of all (even worse than needing a Mag domain)...

Please look at the whole erupt function on Freedom and perhaps consider to code this differently for Freedom, in a way that will not impact PvP?   One idea would be to have a rune similar to the charm rune, but for erupt on both veins AND reinforced walls, that will only work on Freedom and not on PvP servers?  This rune also should not need a Mag domain to work.

10 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

impact PvP?

It does not impact pvp as it is, you can not cast that spell outside of your kingdom influence.

+1

It's a med ability, not priest, so should not be governed by religion.   And if people should not complain about anything, should play the game as **intended** and shouldn't ask for changes in the **suggestions** forum, then they should just scrap this forum, scrap the new priest rework, and revert the game back to 2008 when it was presumed to be as **intended**  (provided anyone can divine the original intent on every little aspect of the game, lol)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Amadee said:

It's a med ability, not priest, so should not be governed by religion.

Magranon's domain is rock and sand, it makes perfect sense that this would be a factor.

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Magranon's domain is rock and sand, it makes perfect sense that this would be a factor.

Should enchant grass then only work in Fo domain? No. It could be a factor as the timer could be shorter or the cooldown is say 12 hours when cast in the god domain - then it is a "factor". Don't make it a prerequisite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

Should enchant grass then only work in Fo domain? No. It could be a factor as the timer could be shorter or the cooldown is say 12 hours when cast in the god domain - then it is a "factor". Don't make it a prerequisite.

enchanting grass is not destructive in the slightest

Regardimg erupting enforced mine wall tiles: there are many, many actions that are destructive in Wurm which does not require deeding. You can destroy fences, hedges, signs, you can dig to rock and make deathtrap tunnels, you can drop tons of dirt, you can destroy clay or peat or create slabs of claypits to hamper fast travelling, and the list goes on and on and on... none of these sction need a deed before they are allowed.  In fact, if a human made structure is not on a deed, it is not protected at all, and should be open to others to get rid of, so people can reshape the environment.  Houses decay faster to allow the land to be returned to the playerbase. Although the decay on enforced mine walls should be slow as it supports tunnels, protecting it from erupt in random places where people want to build new tunnels or fix up messes next to their deeds for the sake of possible griefing, makes no sense. Nobody will use a PoP char to randomly grief someone for the sake of it, because they might get banned, and after the grind to get to erupt in the first place, nobody would be that stupid (and if they are then they deserve to lose that char.) What would make more sense is to protect on deed reinforced tiles ON deed from random PoP casts, and offdeed should not be protected from such casts, because deed it or LOSE IT (including reinforced tiles if a PoP char can get to them.)

Edited by Fairyshine
Typing on phone so please excuse spelling errors :)

Building Magranon altar isn't so hard but problem is that Mag domain must be the strongest one, in place where you want to use erupt. Same for mines.

If I want to use it on my deed with few 90+ altars of Vynora, then I have a problem.

so +1

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Building Magranon altar isn't so hard but problem is that Mag domain must be the strongest one, in place where you want to use erupt. Same for mines.

If I want to use it on my deed with few 90+ altars of Vynora, then I have a problem.

so +1

unless your vyn altar is right next to the rock you want to erupt, it is easy to create a mag to influence a small spot

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

unless your vyn altar is right next to the rock you want to erupt, it is easy to create a mag to influence a small spot

I tried to erupt two tiles from mag altar (20-30 quality or so), and had vyn altar like 20 tiles from same spot and got info:

"Magranon domain must be the strongest one"

Or something like that. Maybe imping Mag altar would help.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

I tried to erupt two tiles from mag altar (20-30 quality or so), and had vyn altar like 20 tiles from same spot and got info:

"Magranon domain must be the strongest one"

Or something like that. Maybe imping Mag altar would help.

yup, 40-50ql should do the trick nicely

So why the vested interest in this restriction not being lifted?  Did Magranon pay off your college debts?

'Cause if you were trying to maintain your market, methinks a lot of people will be asking elsewhere after this lil thread hijacking.

• Like 2

40 tiles or so from a 90ql nahjo altar took a 60ql mag altar last night

+1 to removing the Mag restriction. Makes no sense in the context of meditation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mordraug said:

So why the vested interest in this restriction not being lifted?  Did Magranon pay off your college debts?

'Cause if you were trying to maintain your market, methinks a lot of people will be asking elsewhere after this lil thread hijacking.

What you smoking?

Anyways, for anyone too incompetent to create an alt for making magranon altars I offer a great service where I will come to your deed and create a altar of magranon for the low price of 5s.

10 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Having a dissenting opinion about a frivolous suggestion = thread hijacking now?  O.o