Sign in to follow this  
Deathangel

SPRINTING: 5x stam drain for 2x movement speed

I gained inspiration from carrying logs across deed. I don't think it would hinder PvP at all, since its something anyone could do. and it has a fair trade off for stamina drain, which is very important in pvp.

I could +1 this if;

-Sprinting stopped semi randomly around 15-10% stam like climb does

-Rates were moved up a little to be 6x drain and 2x speed - Due to maths I feel like 5x drain and 2.5x speed would also be another common target but I think only doubling drain is not quite enough to balance IMO.

+1 to the general idea.

Oh, and I'd want a keybind for this one.

Edited by Roccandil

I like the idea, but there are some beasts of accounts that probably have ridiculous stamina so they can run in and tag you a few times then outrun you with their drake set on.

I don't think this is a good idea.

We are fighting.  I'm losing the battle, so I hit the sprint button and start running.  By the time you realize what I've done, I'm already out of attack range, which allows me to eat/drink, so I can drink my lemonade to refresh my stamina while I'm still out running you at 2x speed.

New PvP meta-  carry a small barrel of lemonade in your inventory in case you get dehorsed and subsequently outnumbered.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

New PvP meta-  carry a small barrel of lemonade in your inventory in case you get dehorsed and subsequently outnumbered.

I don't know why, but that cracked me up. :P

2 hours ago, nicedreams said:

I like the idea, but there are some beasts of accounts that probably have ridiculous stamina so they can run in and tag you a few times then outrun you with their drake set on.

be overpowered due to the beasts

Stamina drain while sprint is enabled could be independent of your actual stamina skill to level that playing field. Something reasonable like hard-coded 30 stamina while sprinting could do the trick. That way high stam guys can't sprint across the map and tag you and keep running.

6x drain 2x speed seems pretty reasonable. I'd have to stop and take breaths while running across deed with a pile of logs, but that sounds fairly realistic.

Keybind would be very nice.

Auto-Stopping like climbing before you hit 0 stam would be nice.

I'm not yet sure how to address the potential backpack of sandwiches or barrel of lemonade scenario, though. A sprinting resistance that affects your stamina regeneration only while enemies are in local might work well. 

So, like the new healing resistance to LT on test server, the more stamina you generate while in sprint mode, the slower you regenerate stamina for a period of time. (you suck down a whole barrel of sandwiches/lemonade, you get diminishing results from each subsequent bite/sip) and this effect wears of like alcohol / healing / spell resistances wear off. 

That's one way of addressing the scale-wearing barrel-bearing Olympian.  

+1 but 2x speed is way too much, that's faster than a barded horse, something like 1.3x is more like it

Does it really matter having run option in pvp if you get slashed/stabbed/pierces/crushed/... and that puts the crippling slow effect *in-combat* on you?

As I see it.. this will just be noob/alt's best friend to speed around at 50 speed, faster than best champ *corn mounts?

as for affs from moving kindling around .. no thx

Edited by Finnn
typo

so x1.3 speed would be max at 17*1.3 = 22.1 km/h. That's not even half way to 50. @Finn

Also could be an exponential decay function that makes slower ppl 3x faster and max speed ppl 1.3x faster. Something to consider.

Edited by Deathangel