Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Pelts...into storage places. PLEASE?

[19:51:21] The large rat pelt will not fit in the small magical chest.

can-you-tell-me-why.jpg

Please give us the option to put pelts into backpacks and small chests. 

• Like 10

If it doesn't fit in a backpack, just put it in your bsb.  Ohhh never mind

• Like 1

This one puzzles me, I know we are all hoarders at heart, but seriously how many pelts do you really need to hang on to?

I know people with several hundred 100ql pelts, but what is the point? Sure have a few on hand for someone that needs one, but saving them for ever does not make sense either.

It would be nice to shove the sucker into a back pack though, I hate having items like that in my main inventory groups all the time.

Yep, pelts not fitting into the backpack in Inventory is irritating as it just adds more to the clutter of objects there that won't fit in backpacks. My way around it is to just create one of those white containers in Inventory and store it there with other too large objects. Only problem is that all those objects within it still take up another Inventory space. Anyway, yes pelts fitting into backpacks and small chests would be helpful. Good suggestion.

Added: On some WU servers pelts will even fit into bulk bins. So yes to that too.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
add
  • Like 2

Years ago someone told me that in the Dawn of Wurmtime it was allowed for pelts to go into bsbs, however if a lionpelt went into a bsb it would cut it into three smaller pelts, meaning if you put a 100 Ql pelt into a bsb it would render three 100 Ql pets.  This became some issue as people would sell off the pelts to the smiths and carpenters.

If the coding could be done where any animal's pelt could only ever give one equivalent pelt inside a bsb, it would be awesome.  

I still have no idea why it does not fit into a back pack or small chest...we can roll them, we can fold them, we can scruch them...  They should fit!

784669302592b94717cd32724b5ca781.png 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

Years ago someone told me that in the Dawn of Wurmtime it was allowed for pelts to go into bsbs, however if a lionpelt went into a bsb it would cut it into three smaller pelts, meaning if you put a 100 Ql pelt into a bsb it would render three 100 Ql pets.  This became some issue as people would sell off the pelts to the smiths and carpenters.

Well with the imbues for butcher knives and runes we have now, 100 ql pelts are no longer special, so I see no reason why not to change this back to shoving them into bsb's once again.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 4

if a large pelt being split is the issue just make it so all smaller pelts combine to the larger size in a bsb then none can split

• Like 2

Pro tip: pelts do fit into +5% size runed backpacks. So will tents.

• Like 1

+1 even tho these are nothing special after rune/imbue

Pelts:

- can't be stored

- can't be repaired

- also hard/'annoying' to maintain.

Have to always carry them around or have an alt/merchant to *HODOR* for you...?

Of course.. we cant repair these, it's only mending, same with whetstones, that's TWO *smithing tools HARD to maintain without owning a priest or bugging another every couple of days, because let's face it.. how hard is it to get 2 damage on a pelt with casual wurm grind session of xx hours?

Saddle sack/bag on a horse, doesn't decay!

Edited by Wiolo

Than you have to care for the horse and keep it as storage.. barely a tiny bit better/cheaper/lazier solution than merc/alt HODLer

..still not perfect, name 1 game where you keep your important things on a random mount all the time

Add new Container that works like a chest but is a Tanning Rack ? Or something, that be cool. Pelts, furs, leathers, a Decorative place to store these instead of Ugly looking Bsb :P