Sign in to follow this  
Eobersig

Public slaying: The venerable black dragon

[14:06:12] You are practically standing on the The venerable black dragon! Below ground

Announcing a public slaying on November, 17th.

timer_E1542484816.svg

Exact location will be announced at a later time: Xanadu, central location, will need road travel, no coast in local of slaying.

Drops: Bone drop (if any) will go to organizers to pay for the silvers used for the deed, all other drops will be rolled for amongst slayers as listed on Niarja.

Premium players in local will get some drake scale and blood for a potion of carpentry.

Enjoy!

Edit: initial location info here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/166270-public-slaying-the-venerable-black-dragon/&do=findComment&comment=1697924

Edit2: location here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/166270-public-slaying-the-venerable-black-dragon/&do=findComment&comment=1698116

Edited by Eobersig
  • Like 18

Nice to have a public slaying - thanks to all those involved with making this happen.

• Like 1

Always cool to see more public slayings.

How far of a walk is it from the closest shore? Something people should bring horse crates for?

16 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

How far of a walk is it from the closest shore? Something people should bring horse crates for?

I suggest to bring a horse. We may be able (not sure yet) to provide shuttle service on large carts from 2 of the inner inner lakes to the slaying spot. No idea though how much demand there may be.

I suspect I'll be able to make it, thanks for making it public :)

• Like 1

Location of slaying is in the Vrock Landing region of Xanadu.

l6fv8hW.jpg

Screenshot made with https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/145689-xanadu-community-map/

There will be directions provided to the slaying location from Vrock Landing starter town and from two undeeded mooring spots on Lake Vrock and Lake Selkie tomorrow. The mooring spots are meant for players arriving by ship and possibly bringing their horse (recommended). Both mooring spots are not in local of the slaying but are not deeded, thus players can moor there to unload their animal cages. 

Mooring spot North can be reached through tunnels (knarrs and boats) from Xanadu's north coast and is located on an peninsula just south of deed Scorpion Point (shown on community map), marked by shrine "Lucks Remembrance".

Mooring spot South can be reached through Fogshore tunnel (all ships) from Xanadu's west coast and is located just east of deed Sojourn (old deed disbanded by now but still shown on community map), marked by guard tower "H14".

Organizers will run a large cart shuttle service from the two mooring spots to slaying location before and after the event to pickup players arriving without horse.

Edited by Eobersig
  • Like 2

Appreciate the invite will be excited to attend my first dragon slaying!

VbPBYdm.jpg

Route from Vrock Landing starter town: Follow highway east (can use deed Scorpion Hill as destination), after a few minutes riding you pass an unnamed guard tower. There is a sign posted leading you off the highway south to the slaying location. If you miss that tower/sign you will see another tower (Troll Hill tower) after a few minutes. There is another sign posted leading off the highway to the slaying location.

Route from Mooring spot north: Exit peninsula to the south towards the boat house, from there you will find pointing signs leading you to the slaying location.

Route from Mooring spot south: Find guard tower H14 at mooring spot, pointing sign is planted there to lead you on the cobble to the west, at first crossing you see pointing sign to the north, follow cobble and further signs.

Slaying spot has plenty of off-deed room for dropping tents.

Edited by Eobersig

I would bring my alt (so I can stay at the Lunalong), but he has no prem and isn't a fighter. He would just get in the way.

Well done and thank you for making it a public slaying - congrats on making it a community event :)

Will be there, all things being equal

• Like 1

Im gonna try to make it. Is that tunnel big enough for a larger ship or only knarr?

2 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Im gonna try to make it. Is that tunnel big enough for a larger ship or only knarr?

Route to northern mooring is for knarrs and boats only, route to southern mooring is all ships.

36 minutes ago, Eobersig said:

Route to northern mooring is for knarrs and boats only, route to southern mooring is all ships.

Ok. Looking forward to this!

Crazy, I was squatting in that same spot on some mid grade loot for a month.  Moved away about a week ago.  Was hunting trolls and clearing sections if forest during halloween.  

Have to work during they slaying, but this cool.  Good work.  

Thanks for making it public, was nice to see so many people and thanks for all the good lewt :)

And a community event it certainly was.  Thank you again for a well organised and smooth slaying - no FoL was needed after all. :)

http://EegiiCb.png?1

• Like 2