Sign in to follow this  
HeroicActions

Question about graphics.

Hey, the game seems very interesting however the graphics don't look so good, will they get better or is it just that in the trailer?

Alot depends on how  you have  them set. If you have everything turned to high it looks great

Occasionally I have something not rendering correctly and end up with a big triangular like object that fills my screen. When I back up or turn around it goes away but comes back when I come to the spot again.  Any idea what options needs to be checked so that this never happens 

for mmo graphics are quite good imo. And like previous comment stated, you can set them pretty high, lot of people keep them mediumish because of older computers and dual boxing. Also there has been quite few updates recently which included graphical improvements and dev team is working on modernizing a lot. There is also huge ui overhaul that has been announced but that can take some time untill released...

P.S. Wurm has unique non cartoonish graphical flare that maybe looks strange to people for this genre idk

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

I have my graphics set to the lowest they can possibly go and still find the landscape breathtakingly beautiful.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kochinac said:

P.S. Wurm has unique non cartoonish graphical flare that maybe looks strange to people for this genre idk

Yes, that's one of the charms of Wurm graphics for me.  I can't stand cartoonish graphics.

To the OP, I guess graphics are, in some cases, a matter of taste.   My suggestion, if all you've seen is the trailer, is to log in and get away from the starter area, and look around, to see how it looks to you on your computer.  Also check out the screenshots thread starting with the last page since the thread was started prior to a lot of changes.  And also keep in mind with vids and screenshots that the poster's settings may be low or high, etc.

edit:  Link for the screenshots thread... 

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2

in my opinion it's really not the graphics that lack. It's the animations and how you perform them. You'll see in most games after you press a button, the action takes place and the animation shows at the same time, in Wurm its weird, sometimes it does, sometimes the animation is delayed, sometimes not, i cant explain it, it doesnt seem alligned.

1 hour ago, armyskin said:

there is a trailer?

Yeah

• Like 1

There is also a second trailer which (at least in my personal opinion) is much better at showing what the game is about and how it looks:

It have older, Wurm Online version as well, but it is very similar.

• Like 2

That trailer needs updating + show the trailer in highest graphics settings possible, once the renderer is fixed :)

you would think something like that would be important to keep up to date to encourage folks to play wurm

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

There is also a second trailer which (at least in my personal opinion) is much better at showing what the game is about and how it looks:

It have older, Wurm Online version as well, but it is very similar.

they're both very old, should have a trailer once every 2 years with all the new features. imho

I’ll add it to the list! Thanks for the suggestion, everyone. ?

• Like 4

On 11/10/2018 at 9:13 AM, HeroicActions said:

Not that bad, the tunnel though...

The tunnel is made by mining through the rock, the terraforming is the best feature of the game.

• Like 1