Sign in to follow this  
Wiolo

Pets in combat

You know what really annoys me? the fact that you can't make orders to your pets in combat, meaning if I'm in a fight with a troll, I have to run away in order to make my pet attack it!

Or if I want my pet to attack something that is normally neutral, I have to do this weird awkward thing where I queue the action as I am in combat in order to make the pet attack it. Just give me the attack option on neutral mobs that aren't branded/tamed! Hunting pets are a thing in real life that attack things that are normally not hostile.
I have also lost pets before because they run after mobs when I just want them to come to me, and move super slowly too when I order them to go somewhere! why?! And why are tamed pets weaker then non-tamed pets? they get their bums kicked every time, it's  a surprisingly enraging system, if a mob attacks your pet then they just get locked and stop following orders and chase after whatever they want, there should be a chase option so that your pet doesn't get lazy and stops moving or just utterly disobeys what you want them to do and die most of the time because they are for no real good reason weaker.

I dislike. ?‍♀️?

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 8

pets are broken

they should have commands, aggressive, defend player, etc

Edited by JakeRivers

Here's the thing. Even if you get out of combat and order your pet to do something like "move there" it may or may not do it based on ? What it feels like that particular time? It's completely broken and needs a total revamp imo

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 2:24 AM, Gladiator said:

Here's the thing. Even if you get out of combat and order your pet to do something like "move there" it may or may not do it based on ? What it feels like that particular time? It's completely broken and needs a total revamp imo

Very true, but at least when you order your pet to attack something and it starts moving with "go here" it will chase after the target. As long as it isn't being lead.
It's a very odd system that's very un-intuitive. 

Edited by Wiolo

A nice pet system is something we are lacking. I made another suggestion for pets a while back about hunting and stuff, but really any improvement would be nice.

• Like 2

Since we can only have 1 pet, it would also be great if our pet could have a pet.

+1

Pets really seem to take a massive hit on their defensive and perhaps even offensive abilities when they become tamed...why?  Put two exact same trolls against one another and the tame one will lose every single time.

This is annoying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricowan said:

Because PvPers cried.

im a PvPer and i want a better pet system

• Like 1

+1 to Pet System. I think pets need to gain Buffs when fighting Other mobs. If pvpers complained. Make them get a bonus against Mobs instead of players then.

• Like 1

Since I'm feeling especially crotchety this morning, I won't say all the things I'd like to say about Wurm's pet system.  I'll just say that I haven't, and I won't, play with pets in Wurm.  Checked it out a bit when I first started and dropped it like the proverbial hot potato.

+1 for a better pet system.

• Like 2