Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Place objects - prevent decay and pile

When placing an object, I think it should get a flag as Decorative and also flag it as unable to form a pile.   Too easy to accidentally drop something and ruin a days work of decorating.

Edit: This brings to mind a breaking mechanic though - place food on a table and it is now like a larder or magic chest.  I guess when placing and making decorative, it should then become nonfunctional.  Can't eat the fruit display!

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 6

Additionally, how about actually binding them together?  Bind all your decorative foods to a table, to create a single decorative item, that can be picked up, moved, traded.  Create a new market for the more creative folks.

• Like 1

Let's just don't consider food as decorative unless is placed on top of a magic chest, and everything would be perfect in the best world possible!

• Like 1

How 'bout some kind of preservation method for food items, like waxing or something, that will make it non-edible but prevent or drastically slow down decay so it can be used as decorations?   Would be nice to not have to keep redoing the dining table.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Amadee said:

How 'bout some kind of preservation method for food items, like waxing or something, that will make it non-edible but prevent or drastically slow down decay so it can be used as decorations?   Would be nice to not have to keep redoing the dining table.

...and mob bodies. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Evening said:

Let's just don't consider food as decorative unless is placed on top of a magic chest, and everything would be perfect in the best world possible!

so only display food on a magic chest?  I totally get the rationale, but it just doesn't make for attractive decorating.  Basically as it is now, serving a table for a meal is something you do just long enough to snap a screen shot, then remove it all.  What if you have guests coming over and you want to impress them?  "wait guys, I need 5 hours to prep the table first".  I don't think it would be too much of a game breaker to do some kind of food preservation that makes it only a decoration.  The waxing idea from Amadee is great too.  But also, keep from making a pile :)

• Like 2