Sign in to follow this  
badassg

Any game like Wurm with pvp?

where we build structures and  can pvp and siege another player structures or good territory wars like eve  with  decent graphics  and has healthy player base ? any game is there (prefer more of medieval/fantasy  and dont really like  space or sci fi) 

because many old school wurm players saying it dead and not good as it used to be when once it had 200 players online in chaos   also the raid wont happen much only just few small  raid happens sometimes and also skilling up to pvp taking some time 

Edited by badassg

Been looking at this game. Looks primitive/vikingbut in certain trailers they also show some kind of shooting weapon and I haven't learned enough about the game yet. But take a look.   https://www.rendgame.com/

Rend is already dead as soon as it get released    and only 35 players playing it

Saves me some money then.  What got me was running in the field with a bow and of course vikings. I don't care for future or space games either.

• Like 1

Ive been looking for the same kind of game that youre describing, for years. I just keep coming back to Wurm for my open world cravings. Lets just hope that with some simple marketing (other than facebook) and future in-the-work updates will bring the population up in Wurm, so we can enjoy every aspects of it, as intended.

That said, Wurm is probably your best arrow shot when it comes to freedom. :)

Keep wurming!

- N

Still waiting on my Kickstarter access to https://chroniclesofelyria.com/

From their "Vision" page: 

Chronicles of Elyria is a persistent world role-playing game designed from the ground up to address the many problems and shortcoming that exist in today's conventional MMORPGs. As gamers, we've been waiting a long while for the industry to fix the issues inherent in traditional MMORPGs but, when we saw that wasn't happening, we decided to pioneer the solution.

Here are 3 core areas where our vision for MMORPGs is distinct!

The Grind is Gone

Our philosophy is that role-playing games should be enjoyable from the start, not just the endgame. In Chronicles of Elyria you are part of an epic, ongoing storyline. Fill your characters' days adventuring, sieging, farming, or even governing a town, county, or kingdom. Work toward increasing your family's wealth, power, and prestige. Build up your noble house! And then, in your characters' final days, let them sleep the final sleep, while your soul grows young again and is re-born into another character to make their own mark on the world.

Enter the world as a member of a player or NPC-run family, then work your way up from a humble adventurer to a landed vassal, develop your dynasty, and work your way to King. Not interested in running a kingdom? The fully skill-based and classless system means you're able to create the exact character you want.

A Meaningful Experience

We’re creating a persistent world that cares about every moment you spend in the game. Never stagnant, the world is going to be evolving every day and be better when you’re around. Nearly everything you interact with in Elyria is created by the players of the game. You craft the swords and maps of the world. You build settlements. You establish economies. And your decisions will be recorded forever in history. Each person in Elyria has a role in the game’s 10-year story.

Chronicles of Elyria embraces a character's ability to impact other characters. A closed economy, finite resources, non-repeatable quests, and a fully destructible environment means the world is experienced differently for every character. Each time you log in there is something new to do. No daily grind! Local, regional, and national conflicts are continuously unfolding, giving birth to repeated opportunities for you to change the course of history.

Your Destiny Isn't a Waypoint

In Chronicles of Elyria, quests follow you wherever you go. From the moment your character is born, story arcs begin unfolding to create a unique narrative just for you. Any time you meet another character, loot an item, reach a certain age, commit a crime, and more, it creates an opportunity for unexpected adventure. Like a key turning a lock, your story reveals itself through the choices you make. You could spend twenty Elyrian years searching for your destiny, only to retire to your farm and launch a story arc digging up a mysterious artifact while tilling your fields! Your legacy will be a result of your actions and won't be found on any FAQ.

So the question is, will you follow a path of virtue... or something darker?

lol i asked game that i can play now but not the one that going to release in   10 years later 

Life is Feudal MMO or the Your Own version are good.  The grind is not as hard as Wurm, but all the crafting is there.  Buildings are pre-fabs designs, not player-designed like Wurm has.  The graphics are amazing and riding a horse really sounds amazing.  The PVP is very good.  Recent changes have toned down the effects of the open-world, full-loot system.  It is the closest I have ever seen to Wurm with better graphics.

https://lifeisfeudal.com/

Edited by Eyesgood

already played it and mmo is dead  and yo is also dead but some servers are running but wasnt that good as keep getting wiped often and not stable player base 

I don't think you'll ever see a game that has the features you're looking for.  The vast majority of MMO players don't like open world PvP, and game studios have to cater to what people want to play.

As far as I know, the only games that come close are runescape and black desert. The repopulation was saposta be the nxt major game that takes off where star wars online died out at... but 4 years and still hardly playable

That game style is extremely niche and a major studio is not going to devote any effort toward building the game and maintaining a community. Honestly, EVE is probably your best bet. Or jump on Chaos or Wurm Unlimited and create your own story - don’t wait for it to become what you want it to be, make it what you want it to be.

3 hours ago, Chakron said:

story - don’t wait for it to become what you want it to be, make it what you want it to be.

It's less about the Story and more about the Shitty Gameplay and Toxic Community. 

lol runescape and black desert you joking?  and @Chakron chaos has very low pop i heard

Maybe you should give us all a list of games you have already tried...

Camelot Unchained looks good - doesn't come out till next year or 2020 - beta next year I think.

yes thats why didnt care about those titles which are very far from release

lifmmo's pvp server peaks at 500 players or so, idk how you'd consider that dead but w/e, you arent gonna find anything else

lol life is feudal really? wurm will blow it in every way except graphics  and it one of most failed game ever made with dissapointment with most negatively voted on steam with lags  bugs  instanced pvp 

I tried every game in this genre m8. 

For pure PVP - Darkfall Rise of Agon -> played it an year ago, heard it died but apparently still 2k players

- The Original The Culling - primitive tool crafting battle royale - it's been dead for a long while but they want to re'itterate on an older successful version

- Wurm - if you can make do with creating the content yourself instead of complaining about the population like you've done the past year and not ever play

For Basebuilding - Only one game does it right, and that's Rust. Hands down.

well to be honest wurm  has better base buiding than rust and not sure if darkfall still holds 2k players  and for wurm yes didnt try yet  it much cause it takes some time to start pvping
it little confusing some people saying go try it  there is plenty of pvp while some saying its dead dont waste your time 
some saying it easier to get skill up to 70 while some other says you will be having long time to even skill up not to get killed by chicken 
and some saying 30 players is  more than enough for pvp while some saying 30 is not even close it used to have 200 players and with 30 players half of them  are afk and some with alts 

so new players are really getting confused