Sign in to follow this  
Malaras

Hello, Got some server questions

New to WU

I started a creative server mainly for my friend and i.

1. I got a little trader area set up, but curious how to make it a settlement with out there being a bank? Since it seems the settlement money comes from bank? To protect it.

Thanks,

There is a setting somewhere to disable deeding cost (iirc its off be default).

Deeding cost is set off by default, so unless it was changed there is no cost to place a deed, or upkeep costs.

Check 'deeding costs' and 'settlement upkeep' tickboxes are set correctly in gameplay tweaks page of the Local Server tab, 'no deeding cost' should be ticked, 'Settlement upkeep enabled' should be clear.

Note also, that GM's can place permanent deeds that do not require upkeep, even when upkeep is enabled.

5 hours ago, Zenity said:

Note also, that GM's can place permanent deeds that do not require upkeep, even when upkeep is enabled.

I got it figured out, just had to disable settlement costs briefly. At first i tried this with GM account checked permanent but still said i didn't have coin for it.

Thanks for the replies.

Question 2. Another problem i noticed that server is only using 2g of ram, i found older post about setting -Xmx higher in modlauncher.bat but that didn't not seem to do anything. Still at 2g and i restarted the server. I set it to 16g

Thanks for any help.

You can give your GM toon money by using the command:

#addmoney 0 0 <silvers> <some message>

12 hours ago, Malaras said:

Question 2. Another problem i noticed that server is only using 2g of ram, i found older post about setting -Xmx higher in modlauncher.bat but that didn't not seem to do anything. Still at 2g and i restarted the server. I set it to 16g

Why do you think the server needs to be using more RAM??  The -Xmx parameter sets the maximum amount of "heap" memory allowed for use by the app, it's mainly for garbage collection in Java.  This is where variable values (among other things) are stored, it does NOT affect the max amount of total RAM the app can access.  The higher the value you provide here, the longer Java delays the garbage collection, and the more garbage it has to process when the limit is hit.  This can lead to noticeable periodic lag spikes.

2 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

Why do you think the server needs to be using more RAM??  The -Xmx parameter sets the maximum amount of "heap" memory allowed for use by the app, it's mainly for garbage collection in Java.  This is where variable values (among other things) are stored, it does NOT affect the max amount of total RAM the app can access.  The higher the value you provide here, the longer Java delays the garbage collection, and the more garbage it has to process when the limit is hit.  This can lead to noticeable periodic lag spikes.

Ahh, ok. Was just getting low according to console. just wanted to allocate more before it ran out.

Thanks for the reply and info.

Java will grab more memory for the app if it needs it, automatically.  :)