Sign in to follow this  
Gromclad

Donations For Advertisements

I've been playing Wurm for five years and in all that time I have seen one advertisement for it when Xanadua came out. I know that many of us are concerned with the dwindling population and I know that the staff doesn't have oodles of spare money for an advertising campaign.

I would like to suggest a Go Fund Me or a page put up by the Wurm staff so we can donate to a fund dedicated to advertising the game. This fund should have a plan of action - where / how where going to advertise and what the funds are going to as it occurs. There should be an open discussion so people can suggest ways to get the word out, communities to target, etc. Maybe even a competition for whoever can make the best "trailer" video for Wurm that could be advertised. Metrics should be made available based on these campaigns so the community can see new player count against the ads being put out there.

I'm not sure about the rest of the community, but I would certainly donate to this fund and if it's always available would donate more than once as available. It would be very exciting to have the community pitch in to get new blood flowing to the game.

That's what the money people pay into premium for all their toons should be put towards. The community already has to pay to play...

While you have a point, I have to agree with what Iberis said.

That aside, as I wrote elsewhere before - I think advertisement as of right now does not make much sense.

The Team is working on some huge improvements like the UI and backend and once they have hit those milestones that we have a visible change of the game thats when I hope they would do the advertisement round,

because then it would actually make sense to try to capture new people and appeal to them with a new UI and features (of which we can see small things already come into the game here and there nowdays).

Sure do I love Wurm as it is right now, but other people may not or feel it's outdated and the first few minutes can make people stick or not and the UI does mix into that as well.

Imho it's not the right time yet to advertise while the team has the big upgrades still cooking.

Thanks for caring too. ❤️

8 minutes ago, Milkdrop said:

While you have a point, I have to agree with what Iberis said.

That aside, as I wrote elsewhere before - I think advertisement as of right now does not make much sense.

The Team is working on some huge improvements like the UI and backend and once they have hit those milestones that we have a visible change of the game thats when I hope they would do the advertisement round,

because then it would actually make sense to try to capture new people and appeal to them with a new UI and features (of which we can see small things already come into the game here and there nowdays).

Sure do I love Wurm as it is right now, but other people may not or feel it's outdated and the first few minutes can make people stick or not and the UI does mix into that as well.

Imho it's not the right time yet to advertise while the team has the big upgrades still cooking.

Thanks for caring too. ❤️

That's actually great to hear! I wasn't aware they where improving the UI and backend currently outside of the water redo. It absolutely makes sense to hold off then until that portion is done. Definitely could be wasted potential if big modernization changes are around the corner. Hopefully, they are looking at redoing the tutorial as well to really immerse people and have it better show off the games capabilities.

I already donated for advertising... I bought Wurm Unlimited.