Sign in to follow this  
CrazyDad543

Calling all Xanadu peoples

On 1/11/2019 at 1:56 AM, CrazyDad543 said:

Heya fellow Wurmians, I've finally made it through the deeds on the Xanadu map. However there is a short list of deeds that I cannot find any info on anywhere I look. 

So I'm asking you all again for some help. Please look thru the following list of deeds and let me know if they are still current. 

Arcanum
Ageless Lake Seaside Entrance
Aven Linuath
Aztarian
Bottled-in-bond
Canvas Vineyard
Clear Lake Nature and Culture Center
Copper Hall
Dzolo Gon
Everian Shores
Grimsdair
Hall of the Mountain King
Hermit Island
Hideaway
Hobbit's Heaven
Kamelott
Kingsport Docks
Les Chun
Misthaven
Mottistone Trading Post
New Eden Harbour
New-Valalen
Pinewood
Ravensrest
Sandy Val
Sea Serpent Oasis
Sunrise Bay Market
SunVale
The Island of Shalott
Turtle Island
Whitefay
Woods
Yatesport

http://wurmonlinemaps.com/xanadu

Hilarious really, that you have Whitefay on that list.

It is a starter town.

New-valelen is on the island i10 and already on map. (typo in your list)

Belongs to my neighbour and is among the older deeds on the server.

He even have a wagoner.

Think he is still in same alliance as the New Haven Bay people, but not sure.

Where do you look for info?

And why?

What happens if noone gives you answer about these deeds in your list?

These deeds on this are simply ones I have not yet been able to confirm that they are current. I have not traveled most of Xanadu yet, so I asked for help. 

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

Where do you look for info?

And why?

What happens if noone gives you answer about these deeds in your list?

I look on the Twitter feed mainly. 

I do this because one day I got sick of not being to use the map to find where i was. 

These deed names will stay on the map until I receive info that that are not current. 

May be a better idea to check Niarja for those names

Would be a lot faster to check for the deed names and if they're still deeds as going over countless twitter info's

Thorin :)

Sunrise Bay Market is in my alliance (Western Union) owned by Gavias.

• Like 1

Bottled-in-bond ?

Edited by Legios

13 hours ago, CrazyDad543 said:

These deeds on this are simply ones I have not yet been able to confirm that they are current. I have not traveled most of Xanadu yet, so I asked for help. 

I do this because one day I got sick of not being to use the map to find where i was. 

These deed names will stay on the map until I receive info that that are not current. 

Always use the terrain to see where you are, deeds come in go, mountains take a while to move.

Keep in mind, renaming a deed does not show in in-game or out-game public records, so you can get a lot of missing names this way.

For example, Turtle Island was originally Dragonstone, but recently renamed (and actually it was mention in the map thread too)

On 1/11/2019 at 1:56 AM, CrazyDad543 said:

..However there is a short list of deeds that I cannot find any info on anywhere I look.  ..

Whitefay

??

Edited by Ekcin
format
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 4:25 AM, CrazyDad543 said:

Not sure what information you are looking for other than the obvious disband messages, but wouldn't "not finding any information" mean no change in most cases?

Which seems to be the same conclusion you have come to:

On 1/12/2019 at 4:25 AM, CrazyDad543 said:

So i am not sure exactly what you are asking about?

Disbanded deed names left on the map should not be a major problem unless they conflict with later deeds either in name or location.

Which i am guessing would be easy to check for in the case of duplicate names, and most likely informed to you by the new deed owner in the case of location.

And this is a pretty good point too:

11 hours ago, Legios said:

Always use the terrain to see where you are, deeds come in go, mountains take a while to move.

While the map is great for navigation, deed names should probably not be the main thing to focus on for reliable navigation.

In a spare moment I've run an alt around some of those deed...

There 3 still exist:

• Arcanum,
  • Canvas Vineyard,
  • Clear Lake Nature and Culture Center

These no longer exist:

• Pinewood
  • Yatesport

• Like 1

I was wondering. The other way around is also true. I have recently been looking for a place to deed and a lot of spaces that show on the map as empty have a deed on them. would it be possible to add these on the map aswell? This would give you a much better overview of what places are occupied and what places are not and would save you a LOT of time when you sail over to a place you think is empty only to realise there has been a deed for more then a year ? 

Not every deed owner takes the time to fill out the coordinates for his deed on the community map but can't we just say hey there is a deed there? why is it only the deed owner that can add it in that threat? Maybe this is not the right place to ask for this and it should be done over in that threat but since you are talking about abandoned deeds here I felt this was also a good place to point this out. Either way I'll let you know when I see an empty place that shows as a deed on the community map.

Anither thign that bothered me auite a bit was Let's say you are lost you find a deed and wanne look it up on the map to know your possition onlty to find out it's not on the map and you are still lost. Maybe thats just me and my sense of direction but I am pretty sure many people have experienced this :D

- Flamoush- 

Edited by shamflam

It was decided that that was up to the deed owners, I think that decision still stands.

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

It was decided that that was up to the deed owners, I think that decision still stands.

Main reason for that decision, is that not all deed owners want their name on the map. Either because they want to be a hermit, or because they don't want potential "enemies" to know what  their location is, or perhaps because they don't give a rats arse about others being lost, I don't know. Some players simply don't want their deed showing up on the map and when this threat was started, that wish was granted.

Ironically, lots of deed that don't show up on the map, do show up at the highway route finding system. Don't ask me why, 'coz I don't know. ?

Another reason for players not listing their deed here, is that not all are active at the forum. Or not interested at what's going on at the forum; but either way, not posting their deeds here.

But no matter what the reason is, we got this situation in which we have deeds at spots we don't know we had deed, or we don't have deeds at spots that show a deed. I guess it's best to used to it, as it most likely won't change.

7 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Main reason for that decision, is that not all deed owners want their name on the map. Either because they want to be a hermit, or because they don't want potential "enemies" to know what  their location is, or perhaps because they don't give a rats arse about others being lost, I don't know. Some players simply don't want their deed showing up on the map and when this threat was started, that wish was granted.

Ironically, lots of deed that don't show up on the map, do show up at the highway route finding system. Don't ask me why, 'coz I don't know. ?

Another reason for players not listing their deed here, is that not all are active at the forum. Or not interested at what's going on at the forum; but either way, not posting their deeds here.

But no matter what the reason is, we got this situation in which we have deeds at spots we don't know we had deed, or we don't have deeds at spots that show a deed. I guess it's best to used to it, as it most likely won't change.

You make a good point. If a deed is in the local highway they should be added to the map. Regardless of the deed owner. It's not like they are trying to be hidden at that point but allow people to request a removal and instead another marker takes place without the name of the deed that way people are still informed of an active deed in the premise. 

Good points.

I think that from the beginning Rolf wanted it to be more of a survivalist game, having to move by learning the terrain and such,

now the maps are sanctioned and provided so the situation has changed really.

Beeing on the highway grid is indeed a step away from the hermiting so maybe this is something that needs to be reevaluated by us the players?

Personally I have all my deeds on the map, also those that are not on the highways, yet I'm fairly much of a (babbely) hermit.

I'd rather say, give "visible route" option on connecting. Some probably still would like to be hermits, yet wants a wagoners.

Ravensrest, Misthaven, The Island of Shalott are still accurate. 

• Like 1

Great work! The map is almost the best I can help to make it. 

There are only a handful of deeds that need verified. Here they are:

Aztarian 3398 -2506
Dzolo Gon 7498 -3793
Everian Shores 7102 -3287
Hermit Island 5395 -7693
Hobbit's Heaven 6836 -2116

Kingsport Docks 3157 -5972
Les Chun 6599 -2303

New Eden Harbour 6709 -2669
Sandy Val 1732 -3510
Sea Serpent Oasis 3300 -6674
SunVale 3374 -7225
Woods 5789 -1444

Thank you everyone who is a part of making our Xan map the best. 

Edited by CrazyDad543
Misspelled

I live not far from the marker for 'Kamelott'. There is a deed named 'Green Glass' there nowadays. No idea if it was simply renamed or it's a new deed placed after Kamelott disbanded.

• Like 1

The Island of Shalott at 591, -6815 is disbanded and now called Vitiness. 

On 1/23/2019 at 3:51 AM, Chromega said:

I live not far from the marker for 'Kamelott'. There is a deed named 'Green Glass' there nowadays. No idea if it was simply renamed or it's a new deed placed after Kamelott disbanded.

its new deed on old spot

On 1/22/2019 at 9:51 PM, Chromega said:

On 1/28/2019 at 5:01 PM, Yldrania said:

The Island of Shalott at 591, -6815 is disbanded and now called Vitiness. 

Done