Sign in to follow this  
CrazyDad543

Calling all Xanadu peoples

Upon taking the map updating task, I've noticed quite a few deeds on the map that are no longer there. So after making the requested adjustments, I started updating them. One by one I've been trying to see if these deeds are still current. As you can understand this would take forever.

This is where I need YOUR help. There are over 500 listed deeds on Xanadu currently. So I'm asking all people who have deeds on Xanadu to take a moment and look at the map http://wurmonlinemaps.com/xanadu if you see a deed that is no longer current please comment here, send me a PM, or message in discord (CrazyDad#4826). If you want your deed added or removed let me know also. If you need instructions on how to go about it, please ask me. 

It's my hope that even though Xan has the biggest map, that we can have the most up to date map as well. 

Edited by CrazyDad543
Changed map link
  • Like 6

Probably a bit of work but you could go through the list of deeds and check them on niarja to see if they disbanded there, just wouldn't find deeds that were renamed before disbanding or whatever.

I've found twitter easier to search deeds, but even that only helps sometimes. It appears some deeds were added many many years ago and any info on those deeds are too old to find. 

The thought of traveling all Xan to physically look is what overwhelmed me lol. Figured making this more of a community event would also be funner anyway. 

It's nice to hear from fellow neighbors, and hermits lol. 

I did write you the new Info about Aincrad and Aincrad Harbor in those PMs we had *hint hint*. ❤️

If you need that posted elsewhere, let me know. :)

(Ignore this. I just noticed that Kittenhold is now gone from the map)

Edited by Benie

Lol, I think that would require climbing the mountain and changing the sand tiles to dirt

I don't see what's the problem here.

Someone had some fun and posted some sort of message at a very difficult spot to reach. So what? If that's what they like to do in this game, let them be.

After all, it's what this game is created for in the first place; to have some fun.

And in case players think that message is offensive; it says more about them as about the one who created it.

Especially if people actually are scrutenizing the map for things like that......

Thorin :)

6 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

And in case players think that message is offensive; it says more about them as about the one who created it.

Especially if people actually are scrutenizing the map for things like that......

The only reason I noticed it cause I was thinking of doing something similar just not with those kind of words. With today's society I'm surprised someone haven't flipped out and made a huge deal about it, I just wanted to bring attention before someone lost there stuff. Thank you for judging others who see this as un proprietary for a public game even thought some ingame items have been deleted cause of word.

lighten peeps its hilarious something like that would be done.. by our only ten year old male player in attendance....

Instead of removing abandoned deeds how about calling the ruins of xx.  It would make it easier to direct players to a build site.

On 11/18/2018 at 7:59 AM, rapidron said:

Instead of removing abandoned deeds how about calling the ruins of xx.  It would make it easier to direct players to a build site.

I do this because, having an accurate map means knowing where you are, and how you can get where your going. 

At 564, -7441 is currently Drakenheim.

At 769, -7215 is currently Evening Twilight.

At 761, -7258 is currently Hidden Shoals.

There are a few others on Newspring Island that I'm pretty sure also need updating, but will need to verify with others first before suggesting.

Edited by MordosKull
Added Hidden Shoals
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MordosKull said:

At 564, -7441 is currently Drakenheim.

At 769, -7215 is currently Evening Twilight.

At 761, -7258 is currently Hidden Shoals.

There are a few others on Newspring Island that I'm pretty sure also need updating, but will need to verify with others first before suggesting.

Done

Do you only add deeds that want to be added or can we post any deeds we find that are not on the map? Because I come across MANY deeds that are not on the map

Edited by Farmboy102

There are some individuals who don't want to be on the map. I wish we could add them anyway, but we must respect their privacy. 

However, you can add them to your personal in game map

Fairview N26 is gone

Irule farms R25 gone

Enchantment, and Docklands S22 gone

Quain Su Ilce I believe is the spelling T19 gone

On 12/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, Ismira said:

Fairview N26 is gone

Irule farms R25 gone

Enchantment, and Docklands S22 gone

Quain Su Ilce I believe is the spelling T19 gone

Done

On 11/14/2018 at 9:15 PM, ZeldaGold said:

look at cords 1305 -5845
you may want to edit this area....

Lmao that ###### is hilarious, I love me some Idubz

Heya fellow Wurmians, I've finally made it through the deeds on the Xanadu map. However there is a short list of deeds that I cannot find any info on anywhere I look. 

So I'm asking you all again for some help. Please look thru the following list of deeds and let me know if they are still current. 

Arcanum
Ageless Lake Seaside Entrance
Aven Linuath
Aztarian
Canvas Vineyard
Clear Lake Nature and Culture Center
Dzolo Gon
Everian Shores
Hermit Island
Hobbit's Heaven
Kamelott
Kingsport Docks