Sign in to follow this  
Joneya

Some WU texture fun (new horses, cows etc.)

Well, been spamming the poor screenshot thread. Figured it made better sense to make a separate post for these guys. I will update it as I make more stuff :) Here is what I have made so far:

sYIv0G1.jpg

lPOZq4N.jpg

KX0C2a5.jpg

Sm4t6i3.jpg

sj5KMG1.jpg

7XSUvlm.jpg

g0W0b2D.jpg

Got a few more planned out ahead as well :) Will post the files eventually if any other WU people want to use any.

Edited by Joneya
Added a clip of my cow-remake on 9'th of October 2018
  • Like 7

Would you be able to make a horse with bigger feet like the ones drawing carts and wagons in the olden days? And a few ponies?

main-qimg-89fd4e75b3a081333e9f6b8a05db23   

Tom Price Stallions - The Viking

59971_543569648989255_1729761499_n.jpg Photos-of-Shire-Horses.jpgpony-cute-animal_hktv4vubx_thumbnail-smapony-2769588_960_720.jpg

• Like 1

Pixabay is blocking the last image with a "no hotlinking" image, (it shows ONLY if you first visited the image at their website and have it cached by your browser) but I tracked down another version of the same image here 

(I suspect the russians are a little less uptight on copyright issues...)

I love appaloosas. I also found this one that looks like it may have been the inspiration for Joneya's second photo:

GettyImages-83189409a-56a786743df78cf772

I don't think Joneya can change the shape of the feet unless she is capable of making an entire new model for the horse, which is a really difficult feat unless you are a professional modeler, plus adding it to the game it would probably no longer be considered a "horse" but instead a new type of animal, and not breedable with current horses, unless you changed ALL the horses to the new style. Right now, with the exception of hellhorses unicorns and foals, horses all share the same body (although some are scaled up or down a little for age) and would probably require some creative changes to server code, in addition to all new models,  to accommodate additional body types.

On the other hand, Wurm devs at one time discussed using some 'morphs' to the base horse model to  differentiate horses based on their traits (fast, strong, stallion, mare etc),  or at least that is how I interpreted this old post:  

Interestingly, the current model is "supposed' to represent a Friesian horse body, which in fact is a rather solid chunky workhorse build (though definitely on the "highly elegant" side of the "workhorse" scale)

Elegant friesian horses of course always remind me of this youtube video, so even though not really related, I will sneak it in here anyway. He obviously LOVES having an audience ...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

Brash already answered it really. I can't change the model, I could at best make some more leg hair to make them look slightly more Draft-like. But it's pretty much a different fabric wrapped around an identical doll. I can change the color on the fabrics but I can't change the doll that it wraps around. 

North Swedish horse is one breed that is on my to-do list. That one does require hairy legs :D let's see what sort of mediocre solution I can make for it (to make room for the extra hairy legs I am going to have to make the other section of the leg look skinnier).

c7288abd37c98c4649a7fd2894743730-583032.

I also got an order for a shiiiny golden horse, so that's another one for the list.

46139a8c5252641343448e5234470f35--warmbl

I am thinking I want a sooty palomino as well (cause I am nutty for difficult to make, busy patterns) :

Dan-21.jpg

And got at least a jersey cow and some non white hen planned as well:

DSC_1773-1024x682.jpg

Don't forget the eyes :)

7f58f87b1f20e40d5bb4bc87e1654808--amazindbbd4d313e0ab1e316443b77da9f589d.jpgBLUE-EYED+HORSE%C2%A92017+JOE+BURRULL.jp

Not sure if it's too fine a point to really come across in Wurm, but figured I'd mention it. 

@Joneya love the horses in that first picture up there.  Looks like more primitive markings, like an old breed.  I think the light brown below is a rendering of a Pleistocene horse.

Spoiler

ej6.gif

Also really like the eyes on those bulls!

• Like 1

I love primitive markings and feel that they fit perfectly in with wurm. I might re-visit it with long mane and lighter belly eventually (spent a good two full evenings working on the current fjord horse look). 

I also totally love blue eyes too \o/ some people do find them creepy so I suppose it's good I make some without blue eyes. The appaloosa color does have blue eyes \o/

Blue eyes usually coincide with white facial markings so thats something else that's on my to-do list :) I might rework the current piebald to be a fun color paint horse with blue eyes \o/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfaTsy2_n_yanyUgDu4lU

I want way too many colors - will be fun trying to decide 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Farmboy102 said:

zebra-1.jpg

I will just leave this here

There is a zebra texture in the creature mod for WU made by someone else already.

But you just reminded me of something similar. A quagga. Now that I might even have to try to make :D

220px-Agasse_Quagga.jpg

Us locals pronounce it Kwagga ? but I was hoping more along the lines of WO 

2 hours ago, Farmboy102 said:

Us locals pronounce it Kwagga ? but I was hoping more along the lines of WO 

Hence asking for zebras? lol

• Like 1

5BE46DBB955318838C78BD53C376BAB1D8C5D941

There is the creature-mod zebra someone already made :D (NOT my work)

• Like 1

This surely isnt my best re-skin but I've had enough of it so calling it good for now :P North-swedish horse:

cZZZU6I.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 8:06 PM, Joneya said:

5BE46DBB955318838C78BD53C376BAB1D8C5D941

There is the creature-mod zebra someone already made :D (NOT my work)

I want one, or many then I'll find a piece of tundra somewhere next to a mountain and feel right at home :D

Wanted a slightly more realistic zebra so did some work on it today. Could use a few tweaks still but not too shabby if I may say so myself :D  I almost want a steppe with zebras all over it now as well :P 

KC8bLTJ.jpg?1

• Like 2

Loving your textures. Very nice job. Is there a server we can preview these or possibly download them?

• Like 1

I will share some textures in the near future :) I understand they can only be used on WU servers though due to it being illegal to try to change WO code somehow.

Textures are client side, so you would have to get them yourself to see them - and replace one of the standard textures. So for instance make the white horse into a zebra, or the golden one into my golden horse version (or however you want to do it of course :) )

• Like 1

Was just playing around with transparency and a stained glass texture. I couldn't get transparency to work but it was still kinda "fun" looking so took a screenshot before changing my texture back to normal :D
39I3IBA.jpg

Aaaand some more timber like walls:
nrK6LPS.jpg
zQKhJu3.jpg

TzPD1Uj.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got inspired for the tapestries (I didnt paint all the pretty flowers but the creator has shared it as free to use for non--profit projects so I think it should be ok for me to use and share the texture eventually (credit for the floral print goes to https://www.deviantart.com/jojo-ojoj/ ) 

eo0aOgC.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Joneya said:

I will share some textures in the near future :) I understand they can only be used on WU servers though due to it being illegal to try to change WO code somehow.

Textures are client side, so you would have to get them yourself to see them - and replace one of the standard textures. So for instance make the white horse into a zebra, or the golden one into my golden horse version (or however you want to do it of course :) )

That would be awesome. Looking forward to seeing them. I have no problems adding textures into WU as I have added many myself. Love your stained glass also ?

• Like 1

Got a few more texture work done.

First off I started with a lumber wall to replace rendered walls (makes them thicker and takes out the details of wooden walls - as compared to when replacing the wooden walls as i previously did above):
7lF2iWY.jpg

Lct3GnW.jpg

And then for some tapestry/banner fun - the pattern might be a little bit too "busy" though:

ZSBPv4X.jpg

T19zbfX.jpg

SKoSO8I.jpg

CjHapTk.jpg

And last but not least - a few textures I tweaked a little bit + some new ones :D

VlsX7Ee.jpg

BSzsFQ7.jpg

r9M8MWZ.jpg

3GulfCf.jpg

7jtbVzV.jpg?1

Tweaked the north-swedish horse a little bit - like it somewhat more now (dapples FTW \o/ )
4cz61Fu.jpg?1