IYitgha.png

Pifa stars in sharknado prequel

Greetings, Wurmians!

It’s been a bit of a rough week here for the Wurm community. We’re all still a bit shaken by the news of Tich’s passing, but it’s been incredibly amazing to read all the kind words and to see so many people coming back from long absences to share their stories and experiences. Realising how much Tich touched players’ experiences throughout the years is heartwarming, to say the least. This week’s news is understandably on the lighter side, new-content-wise, but first…

Patch Notes

Spoiler

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

To celebrate Halloween twenty eighteen (hah, it rhymes!) We’ve added the cool witches hat and skull mask to loot drops from mobs! The witches hat can be found on any hunter-type creature, and the skull mask can be found on goblins and trolls. A list of hunter-type creatures can be found on the Wurmpedia. Last years Halloween items are still possible to be gained, just at a reduced rate compared to the modern ones.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed bug causing archaeology reports to be updated in the wrong order.
  • Champions can now gain faith titles.
  • New small deed tokens will no longer be clipped if too long.
  • Cache lumps will now have the correct material type.
  • Bugfix: Removed second rename option from archaeology reports.
  • Bugfix: Statue fragments should now identify as statues instead of containers.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer crush, pick seeds or plant processed vegetables.
  • Bugfix: Branded, cared for, geared, hitched, bred animals should no longer die for overcrowding on server startup.
  • Bugfix: Bury all with grave stones will now destroy all items on the corpse.
  • Bugfix: Wagoner container removed from mission item list.
  • Bugfix: More text and grammar fixes.
  • Bugfix: KOS players on pve servers are no longer considered enemies.

Fish for Tich
As previously mentioned, a commemorative statue will be added to the game for our dear friend and developer, Tich. The statue of Tich’s character fishing will be craftable and should be coming soon in a future update.

Tich’s last major project was a massive overhaul to the fishing system, which the developer team plans on continuing and releasing in Tich’s honor. It's a huge system that has Tich's usual level of depth, and it'll be a lot of fun hanging out in a boat with a friend!  We currently have no ETA on this update, which is why it was not announced earlier, but we will share more information as the time comes for public testing and release. 

Goodbye Halloween
It’s been a great load of fun with the new masks and witches hat added, with hunters on all servers thinning the population of mobs. It was awesome to see everyone travelling and seeing what they could get, it’ll definitely be a system we have to use again in future events!

Over the Hedge
Continuing his work to beautify Wurm, Saroman has a new Oleander hedge model coming soon. 

pjxSHG8.jpg

I foresee a lot of replanting on a deed, some poor padre will be quite feisty during this 

Also, based on feedback, the new Camellia hedge model will be tweaked in size, as it is currently a bit shorter than the original model was. The updated model will be raised slightly to match the height of other medium-sized hedges and fences for consistency’s sake.

Horsing Around
The results are in! As per The Great Horse Color Poll of 2018, the five new horse colors that will be added to Wurm Online are: (drumroll please!)

5th place: Chestnut, with 84 votes
4th place: Blanket Appaloosa, with 109 votes
3rd place: Gold Buckskin, with 110 votes 
2nd place: Skewbald Pinto, with 121 votes
1st place: Black Silver, with 130 votes

Unfortunately, Dapple grey did not make the cut. #BlamePing 
Thank you again, Malena, for your work on these new textures! We cannot wait to see the final results. 

Lunalong
Be sure to stop by Dracaa’s first ever Lunalong, November 11th-17th, at the deed Kappa on Xanadu! The host deed looks like a beautiful location for an impalong, and Dracaa seems to have a few fun activities planned for the event! I will definitely have to check it out next week and bring some of my own shenanigans along.

Community Content
With the passing of Tich, several stories and memories have resurfaced. Here are a few of our favorites:

Tich as a dentist:

Attack of the sharks:

Tich builds a boat:

On behalf of the entire developer team, we’d like to thank you all for your condolences and well-wishes. The coming days won’t be easy as we navigate the hole Tich left in our team, but with the spirit of the Wurm Online community, we know we can make it through. We hope each and every one of you knows how special your words are to all of us. 

Thank you for your support. Keep on Wurming!
Retrograde and The Wurm Team

• Like 40

Thank you guys and cant wait to see you all there. im trying to think of something we can do in honor of Tich. A fishing contest maybe? let me know what you guys think. Since i cant have an impalong without you guys what would you guys like me to do in honor of Tich. Send me a pm or pm me in the game.

• Like 2

Can we have the Tich statue with an option to attach it to a rowboat?  Perfect way to mark those favorite fishing spots?

• Like 5

More of the sadder VI's I've read but the team are doing Tich proud by remembering and continuing the work and passion put in. 
The community will pull through and reading the messages left by players who just learned or knew of Tich has been great. 

Keep on wurming peeps

• Like 3

Looking forward to the statue coming in, already have a perfect spot for her to sit and fish. It has been a sad time for sure, but reading all the lovely thoughts posted was really nice, she influenced more people than she realized I'm sure.

Also looking forward to the new hedges (again) and the new horses in particular, didn't get my champagne horses but those chosen are all lovely, thanks so much guys. Keep up the great work and hugs to all of you.

• Like 2

Excited to see what Tich had in store for us. :)

Thanks for the updates, and again, thank you@Malena

• Like 3

#BlamePing 

it's now official ?

ps. could someone link the horse thread or image for the lazy ppl

The new oleander hedge looks great! but the oleander bushes/shrubs look terrible in comparison and are in dire need of this type of excellent artwork applied to them. Still awaiting this suggestion from March 2015 to be applied:

Unfortunately I cut all the oleanders down around me as I find them so ugly. Now I will have a hard time finding any to pick sprouts from to plant for these new beautiful oleander hedges. Shot myself in the foot there I guess, heh.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Finnn said:

#BlamePing 

it's now official ?

ps. could someone link the horse thread or image for the lazy ppl

Here you go, friend.

Wonderful to hear that you guys will continue Tich's hard work with the fishing stuff. I've always wanted an excuse to get more into fishing in Wurm and now I will (some day).

The halloween update was a blast. Died a lot but also had tons of fun. And got my witches hat in the end! Maybe next year a broom that we can hold in our character's hand to go with that hat? :)

As if I wasn't already completely in love with the new hedges, then Saroman blows my mind with this new one. It's soooo pretty! 

Absolutely mind blowing to see how excited and active everyone was with the horse color poll. Thanks again to Joelle for making this happen! I'll start work on these soon!

I've never been to an impalong in Wurm. So you might just see me swinging around to Dracaa's Lunalong. It's close to where I live as well. All the best of luck with the event in any case Dracaa!

Edited by Malena
  • Like 6

Just a very short one line comment for now:

I have never had this much fun at Halloween (the graphical puns included) - thanks a lot! 

I'm glad to hear that the Halloween event formula will be used in other areas. It improved combat so much. Keep up the good work.

NVM got my answer in CA help. Am looking forward to new horse colors update ?

Are these horse available now? … or will be available later?

Edited by TeeeBOMB

Oooo Pretty Pink hedges!

At the risk of sound a bit like a stick in the mud, I really liked the look of our old medium camelia hedges.  They matched perfectly with the top of gates, and they were neat and "boxy", made great horse camps, and just looked really tidy in areas where too many other decorations were already in place.  I was wondering if we could get an option to create either a tall cedar hedge or a medium cedar hedge, which would allow for our old model to still be in game?  Same could be done for all hedge types, either choose "tall", "medium" or "low" when we plant the border, thus allowing us to choose any skin type or model in any height.  Think how pretty low cedar hedges along pathways would look, if you prefer the "lined" version rather than the "sprouty" version (lavendars)?  Or how pretty a tall lavendar hedge could look?  Or a low rose hedge (with pretty red blooms)?  We also have maples (different green to cedar) and thorns.  All of these versions could be available in tall, medium or low, really expanding creative options.

Thank things like:  

Low cedar

56400438_XS.jpg 

Medium cedar   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR08CryLPROW7fu8NZEN3

Low rose left and medium lavendar in pic to the right

FCPink_poolside-hedge.jpg 65063(1).jpg

Alternating high and medium cedar 

Top-Five-Shrubs-for-Hedges-sm.jpg 

Another idea is to allow a hedge to be planted under a tree, creating a "box"...this is probably pushing it, since we can only plant one item on a tile?  Perhaps create something where you combine a sprout and "hedge" seed (made with 5 sprouts) to create a "tree hedge seed" which, when planted, would look something like this traditional-garden.jpg

If all that fails, please just allow a medium cedar hedge back in the game, similar to the one we lost when camelias were redone.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 10

Agreed - love the new oleander hedge thats coming , but i would love to see the old camellia type replaced/ given a new name - it was perfect!

• Like 1

Thank you for making the Tich statue craftable. It's very fitting that someone who gave so much to the game be honored everywhere possible. I really want to know what was planned for the fishing update now.  The few interactions I had with Tich were always light-hearted and made me smile.

Yay for new things! I'm loving the colors of the horses and the new hedge. May have to start getting those sprouts! Also, thank you for raising awareness of Ping. My current Ping sirens only go so far ingame. ;) 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

If all that fails, please just allow a medium cedar hedge back in the game, similar to the one we lost when camelias were redone.

I guess you are wanting the fully grown old camelia hedge graphic (which resembles a medium growth cedar hedge) back as an optional choice? I really am starting to like the new camelia hedge look and wouldn't like to see that changed now. Nice attention to detail on it raising it to the height of low stone walls and iron fencing as well. Also, remember the cedar hedge might get an updated graphic as well, which I would prefer too. These new hedges all look much better than those old smooth rounded top ones.

=Ayes=

The Halloween Event and Gifts were the best ever! Drop rate also worked even for busy bees like me who just have a few hours usually to get the special stuff. I had lots of fun ?

Big thanks!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ayes said:

I guess you are wanting the fully grown old camelia hedge graphic (which resembles a medium growth cedar hedge) back as an optional choice?

Yes.  I like the look of them :P And more choices to build our sandcastles here in our sandbox are the bee's kneesls.jpg 

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

Fairyshine makes a good point. I would love to be able to at least choose height of the hedges without constant pruning. My hedge pens are not going to look good as camelia (on WU so we are still on old hedge look) - I don't mind switching them all out, but now I got no medium options to replace it with (without constant pruning).

But love all the work you guys have been doing lately. So many pretty things for a builder like me :D

• Like 2

I too would like more options in the medium height hedge department, they are my preferred fence type now. I personally like the new wilder looking model, but options to suit different tastes (and use up some of these other sprout types that is clogging my bsb) would be great

• Like 2

I too would love to be able to choose a height for each hedge, at least on deed. Walls don't require maintenance on deed, it would be great if hedges worked the same way.

• Like 3