Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Bardings having no effect on speed

[15:15:41] It has fleeter movement than normal. It is a tough bugger. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. 

8953c73d53329dfae8102a44c06f9d34-png.jpg

e00b890a58749973537956392f227092-png.jpg

Speed without barding
35e6a8200156f89fda54b6b53546b297-jpg.jpg

Speed with barding
e322fab8141c4c57b37dbf38a88887a8-jpg.jpg

Not sure if other bardings have the same effect*

*Tested leather, no impact on speed either

Edited by Mclavin

Try it on a regular horse.  I have a feeling HH are... different.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Try it on a regular horse.  I have a feeling HH are... different.

In the past, bardings on hhs flat out always tanked speed, leather or chain.

I am not sure whether it is relevant, but at some point it was announced Body Strength for Mounts was set at 20 for regular horses, 30 for unicorns and 35 for hellhorses, which seems would make them a LOT less susceptible to penalties from heavy gear like barding (or a rider in platemail).  I have no idea what it was before then or whether this was even a change for HH. 

I recall unicorns were specifically boosted in part because they had to be able to carry two riders, which they struggled with before. I have no idea why hell horses would need to be so much  higher than that, unless it was specifically to compensate for heavy pvp armor (both on mount and on rider). I mean, they can now carry almost the 'equivalent' of one horse for rider and a second just for the extra gear. 

But .. only devs can explain I guess whether this is a bug or intended behavior.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Given that oakshell is being... restricted... on Chaos, I venture to say that it would also be unintended for a HH to be able to wear chain barding and run full speed.

• Like 1

My HH normally goes 36-37 with a iron barding so I knew something was wrong.

I waited the 30 seconds, because putting on/pulling off doesn't always get checked right away, i'm just flat out decking it around hota with iron chain barding going max speed as if it was unbarded.
Defo something wrong I will try regular horse anyway tho to see if it is affected the same way

Is this limited to specific hell horses or all hell horses? I was not able to reproduce it on my local test copy with a pair of spawned in hell horses putting a chain barding on it made it slow down removing it made it speed up they had 90ql horse gear on them also.

1073159225254d03beda7c763137f66d.png

the key is in the stage of the hh

Edited by platinumteef