Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Allow rare resources to be bulk stored

Would very much like to be able to store rare resources in BSBs/FSBs.

It's a bummer to get a rare slate shard, for instance, since there's nothing I can really do with it, but there -is- a chance that later on the devs will introduce an item I could maybe get a shot to make rare with a rare slate shard.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Would very much like to be able to store rare resources in BSBs/FSBs.

It's a bummer to get a rare slate shard, for instance, since there's nothing I can really do with it, but there -is- a chance that later on the devs will introduce an item I could maybe get a shot to make rare with a rare slate shard.

Buy a LMC

An LMC isn't bulk storage.

Even if it were, is withholding basic functionality unless you pay extra for it (on top of subscribing), really a way to draw people in?

Some items won't fit in a magical chest anyway. For example, I have a rare sandstone slab sitting in my mine because there's essentially nothing I can do with it and nowhere to effectively store it.

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

Some items won't fit in a magical chest anyway. For example, I have a rare sandstone slab sitting in my mine because there's essentially nothing I can do with it and nowhere to effectively store it.

Slabs don't take much decay in the mine and easy enough to repair/improve, and if that is no good, get a merchant.

Edited by JakeRivers

42 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

...and if that is no good, get a merchant.

That is one of the few things I find sort of irritating about this game.  If I can use systems that were not intended for things like storing rare items in order to store rare items, why not simply provide a legitimate way to reduce or remove decay of rare items without my needing to buy a merchant or create an alt?

This same issue spills over into other areas, such as creating alts to hold multiple deed locations on one server.

If I can use things like alts and merchants to prevent decay on rare items I wish to keep, seems to me there should be some other legitimate way I can prevent decay on rare items.

And just to be clear, I'm not arguing for or against allowing for a system that prevents decay on rare resources, I'm just saying that "get a merchant" or "make an alt" in response to those that would like a straightforward system of storage for rare resources or items, or the ability to have multiple deeds on a server without needing to create multiple accounts, feels like a cop-out.

Humbly submitted...

~TH~

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 6

+1 make a new bulk container for it, the amount of rare resources i leave on the ground to decay would make freedomers faint

• Like 1