Sign in to follow this  
Bloodscythe

Karma spell True Strike

over time Devs have responded to coding of mechanics by an upward or downward adjustment in the name of balance.  Somethings aren't noticed as imbalanced when not heavily used, but once they become so, the imbalance is highlighted in an obvious way not seen prior.  Until the crazy of personal goals and realization about them to win tomes, sorcery was a rather small aspect to the game often shrouded in mystery and with few players using and having them.  Now they are ubiquitous.  Which brings me to my request for Devs to review the karma spell true strike for potential adjustment.   The spell becomes quite op when even the strongest player is multi targeted with this casted spell, well beyond any OP artifact of the past type dmg.  Other than noticing or knowing a player has casted true strike for themselves going into battle to hit someone and thusly dispelling,  there aren't effective ways to negate this, to which often results in extremely fast death.

My thought or suggest for change is the following:  To limit true strike hit on a player to only one successfully being able to be landed no matter how many have been casted and being used on a single player and once hit with it, you will have a debuff immunity for a cool down timer of say minute to minute and half.

All have been affected by this whether as receiver or punisher dealing the deadly hit.  I myself have this tome on a few of my own characters, so this is not out of self interst as it would lesson a benefit that i currently enjoy. This suggestion is meant more for a balance in pvp skirmishing.  The Dev team is keenly aware of imbalances across many aspects of pvp and working endlessly of recent to overhaul many aspects from armor , to priests, to combat.  I'm quite sure there would be value and interest to review this as well while having such focus on pvp mechanics to adjust.

Thank you

Bloodscythe

• Like 1

y bring this up now cause    now tc  only had it in the pass   all all other kingdoms now have   at least  it is now  closer to equal

Please don't bring kingdom bias into discuss, it's about balance of mechanics and more to do with how out of balance it is. perhaps because so few had before it's not seen for the op imbalance it is was part of my point.  if you felt it was a problem before , wish you had made a suggestion post.    i had hoped this wouldn't debase down into kingdom politics , we've been able to bypass that before in what has become a big driving factor for all the changes we've seen taking place in pvp.  It's better for all when we don't act out of self interest or kingdom politics to further then balance and quality of pvp.

I half expect all damage to change in the future to better suite armor and weapon balancing along with meditation, and priest changes. I wouldn't be surprised if sorcery was already in the mix for adjustment. Truestrike in itself isn't super op anymore it just makes damage more predictable so it's easy to know where your "leash" is before you will die... Which is kind of boring I guess but I don't care either way at this point and I have 3 characters with it.

Edited by Maximillian

No it's just a game of RNG and who dispels everyone with Truestrike first.

if you keep your eye on whats casted, its easy to avoid truestrike damage by just dispelling people

get gud

I hear that "just dispel it" pretty often but I rarely see it when it's big groups already engaged, they normally land for me when I use it... side from a few that I casted to early or something silly.

• Like 1

most people suck too much at this game to be reliable dispellers

they don't know how to read combat logs or setup key binds and they try to right click people or can't figure out what a particular person looks like

last time I died i had 2 or 3 true strikes casted against me and I even dispelled one before it came in, yet none of the other priests dispelled for me

get rid of true strike so i dont have to rely on other people dispelling

?

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 2

How about you just remove karma spells in general? For a game that has a dwindling player base why do you need to input so much real life currency to participate in pvp? Before a lot of you say you don't, sure it's possible your 20 body strength new player wearing plate and their huge axe might get a swing off before they get 1 shot but unlikely. To get kills you need a bunch of people with karma, karma spells, and high body strength accounts etc. Not going to mention gear because I feel like that's fixed with the armor changes. Surprisingly.

I also feel like anything over 30 body strength should have extreme diminishing returns after and again with anything over 70 fight skill as well. This would put a huge stop to account sales as well and the general need to spend months and years playing the game just so you can try pvp and not be that 20 body strength guy getting one shot by a champion.

As for karma spells, they really need to be adjusted. Especially ones like true strike, continuum, smoke and red cherry. 

Balance it please and thank you.

• Like 1

This thread has reached levels of cringe that are unworthy of my time I just wanna touch on one thing;

1 hour ago, Niki said:

This would put a huge stop to account sales as well and the general need to spend months and years playing the game just so you can try pvp and not be that 20 body strength guy getting one shot by a champion.

I don't know about you, but personally I would be pretty ####ing mad if I had played this game for 12 years straight on one account and wasn't strong enough to oneshot a freshly created alt account, because that's what a 20 body account is, it's an alt. No one who has played for any decent length of time is going to have such horribly low skills. That's the priviledge I should have as someone who has played this game far longer than your average joe.

Now there's also no way that boils down to Karma spells. I wouldn't need a karma spell to kill an alt like you mentioned because, I'm significantly stronger. But, Karma spells are needed to take out accounts that are on a similar level, because they provide unique effects for high-end accounts to benefit from.

Your proposed alt doesn't benefit much from a truestrike, because they're not even capable of inflicting much sustained damage to begin with.

Missions = karma, sitting on deed= boredom.

We shall see in the future how the priest and meditation changes actually effect pvp.

Also nice to see other kingdoms moving beyond deed perimeters and taking the fight out into the field sometimes. <Panda> ?

Truestrike and other karma spells have their uses, but these can be overcome easily by planning ahead and having friends along. Bad choices in the heat of battle are what get people killed most times, not always. Watch some of the videos posted of a few of the recent pvp battles on Hota and listen to the coms on some of them. Truestrike is great IF you have time to cast it and do not get dispelled. Having a cooldown for it being used multiple times against the same character in a certain amount of time sounds reasonable but that decision will be made by the Devs.

Myself I am waiting on the priest/ med changes befor I advocate for more changes to the sorc system.

• Like 1