Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Gone Fishing, Catch You Later - Tich / Pifa / Epona

Sending my thoughts to Tich's loved ones, both in Wurm and in real life.

• Like 1

Just read this post...So sad to hear!!!  My thoughts and prayers goes to Tish's family and friends and Wurmians on behalf of Shagsdeval, Lilangel and myself!!!  I hope one day there will be a cure for cancer and not just remission :( Best wishes to everyone who knew her outside and inside the game!!!

Edited by Shagsangel

I hope there is Wurm in Heaven....we all have to go but her imagination was ###### amazing..

• Like 2

I met Tich by chance in my very early days as a Wurmian on Independence when it was the only PVE map, Tich spoke with me just like any other everyday player. It was only later I'd learned that Tich was a superstar who had made the very highway I had used to reach the South East area of Independence. It was quite a humble experience. Rest in Peace.

• Like 3

[21:13:05] You hug the venerable fat Tich. ...I have a jet black horse with this name. 

Edited by Subie
  • Like 4

She loved her jet black horses and her beautiful black vehicles.

Tich... damn Tich why did you leave me hear to miss you as i do.... How many ex-Rockcliff deeds have i lived at.. Man i shall miss her.. I can just see her now, levelling the Highway to Heaven.. shovel out and smile across her face.. man oh man.. godspeed Tich and may your family and friends fill the void you have left in their hearts.... good night...

• Like 4

I sailed by the deed on east coast Release the other day, I was happy, and oh so sad, to see the very huge statue of you that Enki put there.

Next time I will dock and walk up and leave you some flowers dear Tich.

I'm a returner from a long almost 7 years absence in Wurm and nearly first thing I did I've asked for Tich, as I've had neighboring settlement next to Rockcliff - and this information... got me so sad. I dod not know Tich as good as I would like, we just chatted as neigbours, Tich helped me a lot with some tools, enchantments and many many maaaaany fish. Just a quiet Wurmian friend that while I was offline sometimes just for no reason visited my settlement, left me something good, even sometimes throw some coins to my deed upkeep... just like that.

My respect for Tich is limitless... and maybe... this is to @Retrograde and other Wurm team members... as a humble idea - what about ascending Tich to rise and join the gods of Wurm... what do you think ?

Yours sincerely Jaquari from Brotherland

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 2:14 AM, jaquari said:

I'm a returner from a long almost 7 years absence in Wurm and nearly first thing I did I've asked for Tich, as I've had neighboring settlement next to Rockcliff - and this information... got me so sad. I dod not know Tich as good as I would like, we just chatted as neigbours, Tich helped me a lot with some tools, enchantments and many many maaaaany fish. Just a quiet Wurmian friend that while I was offline sometimes just for no reason visited my settlement, left me something good, even sometimes throw some coins to my deed upkeep... just like that.

My respect for Tich is limitless... and maybe... this is to @Retrograde and other Wurm team members... as a humble idea - what about ascending Tich to rise and join the gods of Wurm... what do you think ?

Yours sincerely Jaquari from Brotherland

As a newbie i meet Epona the game master.that was 10 years ago. 

Having Epona as a new dark goddes in her memory would be fitting. With favorite things like highway building and fishing

Tich was my neighbor near rockliff in independence during my first time in wurm. Very helpful person, always asking my wurm experience, willing to extend help. Indeed Tich will be missed. Condolence to the family

On 10/25/2020 at 3:14 AM, jaquari said:

I don't mean to be disrespectful, especially since you're mourning her, but that's not a very good idea. The new fishing system is basically untouchable already because it's based on Tich's design, and no one wants to change the vision of a dead person that meant a lot to them. So we'd end up with a deity that would be even more resistant to tweaks and updates than the current ones. On top of that turning her into a goddess would mean that either they'd have to make her "too imperfect" to work with people's memory of her or "too perfect" in a way where she'd replace all the other gods in terms of usability. And trust me: You don't want the memory of her to be associated with a constant source of frustration.

• Like 6

To add to that she was never too fond of pvp or the dark side if i recall so it would almost be a disgrace to her memory, assuming ofc this would be the secondary bl god in an attempt to balance the already many wl ones.

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, Aeris said:

The new fishing system is basically untouchable already because it's based on Tich's design, and no one wants to change the vision of a dead person that meant a lot to them.

It's not untouchable and I hope they make more improvements as I've started liking the new system a lot more.  Some others don't because of the AFK aspect is removed, but I like the interaction and prep.

You use technology and other ideas from people that have passed and they are improved on by others with the memory and recognition of the OG that started it.  If was left the same, would get no updates, would no longer be used after awhile and then would be forgotten.

• Like 4

On 10/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, Aeris said:

The new fishing system is basically untouchable already because it's based on Tich's design, and no one wants to change the vision of a dead person that meant a lot to them.

I disagree, it would be more of a disservice to leave her work unfinished and spotty.  I don't know much about Tich as a person, I know she's loved and looked at fondly, I just think that the ends should be more important.  Creating a fishing system that perfectly captures what she wanted from the start.  A fun and immersive fishing system in her honor.

• Like 1