Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Gone Fishing, Catch You Later - Tich / Pifa / Epona

No one can replace Tich, it's all down hill from here boys

Tich, we didn't know eachother much. But we came together from time to time when we were developing similar topics in Wurm. Your ideas have always been mindblowing, you and your vision of the perfect sandbox MMO have given a lot of inspiration to me. Many things on Sklotopolis wouldn't be implemented without you. Even if we have had our disagreements it was always fun talking and working with you.

We will miss you alot, Wurm will not be the same without you. Until later Tich and happy fishing. Time for me to get back to cooking.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 2

I dident really know of tich but hear of things that's been done. It's sad that you were taken to early and could offer much more. The pain of a disease is no fun, atleast your pain is gone now. You can now start coding something new for all of us when we see the light for ourselves. As I read threw all the comments, its inspiration to see everyone come together to say there last words. I went past your release deed and dropped of some flowers, it's a really nice place that I hope stands the test of time. Rest easy and in peace.

• Like 2

I didn't know Tich too well myself, but I remember her presence well on the forums.  I will always remember her work on the game as the guiding light that brought Wurm into it's own.   I just don't have the words to express how I feel about the loss of someone who had devoted so much time en energy into a community like ours.   It is rare, to find the sort of individuals like her that have the strength to drive on and keep their dreams alive even when others say they are impossible.   Without her, I highly doubt we would have a game anymore or at least not in the amazing form it is in today. It was these recent changes that made me want to play again, even If it's no longer on Wurm Online, but on Unlimited.   

RIP Tich, and may we honor your memory by keeping this game alive for the next generation of Wurmians.  

RIP Tich.?

I seem to recall first meating her back on JKH as she was hooking up rockcliff to the BBM highway, as she and Uzetaab were clearing some trees they popped in and helped out our village aginst a pesky spider (back when they were really deadly)

It didn't take long for me to end up living in Rockcliff and helping out digging dirt for the ramp.
Tich always made the time I spent in game great fun, she was always nice to talk to, to offer suggestions and come up with crazy ideas. I seem to recall the spire was origionally going to be 2 levels lower, but that didn't last long before she decided it could be what it is today.

She will be missed.

• Like 1

:( She will be missed - her incredible work and legacy will live on in Wurm and her fond memory in our hearts. I would love to see a list of Tich's deeds/projects so I can visit more of them :)

I don't believe we ever met, but I've always noted Tich as being credited with nearly all of the greatest improvements that I've seen during my time.

I particularly remember the days when the current permissions system was rolling out: Tich was gathering feedback, figuring it all out and making it work. I was trying to figure it all out myself, all the new angles and loopholes to consider, and I remember my consideration of how much more mind-boggling of a puzzle it was on her side. All of Wurm's security was in her hands, and there was full confidence in her abilities and her authority to tinker with the gears behind the scenes.

In the same way that Enki is "the" GM of Wurm (with deputies), I've seen Tich as being "the" developer of Wurm, although I now realize that it does not say "Head Developer" on her forum tag.

I love this game so much; such a large part of my life. Such an enormous amount of our personal focus and concern is invested on Wurm, so much of our precious time on Earth. I am very grateful to Tich for improving my world and daily life.

• Like 3

For the last two days I was speechless, and still I don't really know what to say. Everything has already been said about Tich and her extraordinary contribution to this game we all love so much. It has been made clear what a nice, helpful, friendly and humorous person she was, and how many friends she had in our community. In this strange virtual online world many aspects of real life go unnoticed - I wasn't even aware she was ill! Even more so, it is just so sad to say Goodbye to a great dev and fellow staff member. May you rest in peace, Tich! ?

• Like 4

I was literally in tears to read this...

Thank you for your time here Tich, you are greatly missed and I hope your pains have left you for good now.

Thank you for everything you did for me..

Rest in peace, beloved Tich..

?

Edited by Reiless

RIP   Live life everyday with love in your heart, You never know when your last days sunshine will wake you.

Edited by Jeston

I didn't get to know you very long behind the scenes but it was clear the positive impact you had on the game for as long as I have been playing.

I was starving and Tich gave me food, a meal made of roaches.  I was brand new to the game and was thankful for the first act of kindness in Wurm I ever got.  But I will admit I was worried about a meal made of roaches, as the name has a different meaning here in the U.S.

• Like 2

Never met Tich, but after reading all these comments, I wish I had. If the reactions here are any indication, she was an awesome person who added a great to wurm and the community here that I love so much. 

Rest in peace and love, Tich

2014 April Kyara chat logs, Chaos server

[01:12:29] <Duce> need to get Tich on this one, no one else is paying attention
[01:16:01] <Zerobyteaus> anyone have SB powders kicking around
[01:17:00] <Duce> not I
[01:17:52] <Duce> amusing how quick . gets done when you know the right people to talk to
[01:18:16] <Duce> talked to tich for 5 mins, told her about the 50 toys title being Trinket Maker
[01:18:30] <Duce> replies 5 mins later "ok fixed for next patch"
[01:19:06] <Duce> not sure when she left the GM game and went fulltime dev, but damned glad she did
[01:20:54] <Sunshine> wow yeah she has helped me alot over the years
[01:21:36] <Duce> were it not for her, you'd never have got the level functionality
[01:21:56] <Duce> think she's doing bridges as well
[01:22:16] <Duce> thing I like about her - most of her stuff works fairly well out of the box

I never met her but Duce always had good things to say about her. Miss them both.

DA

• Like 8

I never played alongside Tich, heck I don't think I ever had a conversation with her. But ever since my early days in Gold 1, I was always impressed with her dirt projects and got genuinely excited seeing updates on the forums - this was back when small pyramids and basic dirt bridges were an impressive feat ? After becoming a dev she implemented all sorts of features that were once deemed impossible with Wurms engine, truly an industrious person.

For someone I didn't interact with, she sure did as lot to improve my time playing. RIP.

Just saw this sad post after reading the Valrei 72.

*puts down some flowers from Wolfhaven*

Rest in peace and thanks for your work on this virtual world.

-Void-

Edited by Beewolf

RIP Tich.

I knew you only through seeing you on the forums but am saddened to hear of your passing from such a cruel disease.

I hope there can be some fitting memorial for you in-game.

All the best to your family, friends and colleagues.

I noticed Tich hadn't been around much lately, but I had no idea this was the reason, nor did I realize how much influence she has had on the game, or for how long.

I wish the best to her loved ones, and I'm glad to see her memorialized in Wurm in some fashion.

So very sad to hear of Tich's death - such a huge loss to Wurm and ofc to her family and friends - my deepest sympathy to them all.

Tich will be so missed.  She was a wonderful dev and a generous and kind player too.

Rest in peace dear Tich, you wont be forgotten. I was proud to be a member of your Alliance and next door neighbour on Release. Will miss you a lot :(.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:53 AM, ZeldaGold said:

I dident really know of tich but hear of things that's been done. It's sad that you were taken to early and could offer much more. The pain of a disease is no fun, atleast your pain is gone now. You can now start coding something new for all of us when we see the light for ourselves. As I read threw all the comments, its inspiration to see everyone come together to say there last words. I went past your release deed and dropped of some flowers, it's a really nice place that I hope stands the test of time. Rest easy and in peace.

Silvir moved your flowers and the fishing pole inside as decoration in Tich's main house, that was a wonderful gesture that we hope will endure.

• Like 1

I never knew Tich (or had even heard of her), but reading all this I can get a sense of what kind of person she was. Rest in peace.

so sad to hear ... and sadder still that I never got to meet this lovely person