Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Gone Fishing, Catch You Later - Tich / Pifa / Epona

Can we get a colossus built at her deed just like the statue design. I would gladly help with it, labor or mats whatever is needed. 

• Like 6

I first heard this today on facebook, and was truly heartbroken. I did not know Tich well at all, but she had been my 'heroine' in wurm pretty much from the time I started playing years ago. Having come from a disastrous situation (on a personal level) with game building myself, I was so impressed with her work, and really looked up to her as a dev. I was shocked and really happy to finally 'meet' her last year in game when she was suddenly in our alliance chat one day (apparently in our alliance when visiting our server).

Only a couple of months ago I had a foal born named Lightningtich, which I immediately branded as my next main horse when old enough, and this morning I was asking myself which would be more respectful now, to retire it or keep relying on it to carry me around the world of wurm, I decided to keep my favorite horse in active duty, as a way of remembering the real Tich.

Thoughts to all of her family and friends, we will miss you and your inspired work in this game forever, rest in peace.

• Like 6

I dreaded this day since I was informed about her illness. It's not easy knowing that someones time is running short, you want to help as best you can and put aside your own grief, but you also don't want to pretend everything is fine. 

Tich, 

You always had grand plans for Wurm, your projects would span months and consist of huge overhauls. Bridges, Cooking, Highways, the upcoming fishing stuff, you even had plans beyond that. You loved playing still and I recall you inviting me over to check out each and every bridge project you were working on. You took great pride in your efforts both as a player and as a developer, we often joked about how your house must be bugged, since your projects already included things that would pop up in suggestions.

Working with you was always fun, you were dry, yet friendly and easy to talk to (most of the time anyways, I recall once being told "sure, why don't you go code it yourself?") And you took the time to listen and provide someone who didn't know code to understand what you were doing and how it would work. 

I don't think anyone can login without using some system of yours, be it chatting to friends on another server, setting deed or vehicle permissions, cooking or eating a meal for an affinity or more, you truly made Wurm what it is today and your memory will never disappear from these lands. 

The rest of the developer team and I  will continue to work on your projects, we will see them released in your name, and just for you, we'll include a few bugs for you to grumble about from upstairs. 

With infinite respect and gratitude for all you have done for Wurm,
Archaed

Edited by Archaed
Removed a typo, the irony would not be lost on Tich
  • Like 21

This is truly sad news. :(

May you Tich rest in peace. All the things you have created for us to enjoy in-game shall be your legacy to us and we will carry your legacy as proud, loving Wurmians. ❤️

• Like 2

Bye Tich. You added so much to the game that enhanced and improved the dynamics of game-play. You will be with us every time we login, and live forever in the blocks of code that make up the world of Wurm.

• Like 3

It's clear from all the posts here that Tich was a woman cared for by so many, and who put her heart into Wurm. The statue is a fitting tribute, well deserved.

So long, Tich, and thanks for all the fishing. And the cooking. And the bridges. And all the marks you made to make the game better, be it in code or in the landscape around you.

• Like 5

I didn't know you as well as I should have, and that is a regret that will follow me for life. Thank you for every exciting feature you brought to us, the roads you built. The kindness of your heart has shone through through your actions.

Rest in peace.

• Like 7

Rest in peace Tich.

I'm glad I was able to work alongside you and help out with the last couple projects you did. Ideas of yours were always enormous and creative - you obviously aimed for the sky.

• Like 8

I never know what to say at times like this. In my few encounters with her she was always cheerful and friendly.  In hindsight now, I see how easy it would have been for her to drop out, or become bitter, and yet she didn't.  I often wonder how I would deal with knowing.  As someone who is pushing 70, that's something that is always in the back of my mind somewhere now.  I can't say I really knew her, but I think she showed a truly great spirit and bravery. As others have said, she lives on in Wurm.  

Wind to thy wings, Tich.

• Like 5

Too much sadness in this thread to read it all.  Had to stop last night on page one.  I personally had only a little direct interaction with her, specifically around the big permissions update, but she was very professional and kind.  What hurts most for me is knowing my biggest past time was heavily influenced by her and she is no longer here to enjoy it - but her work lives on and I'll never take it for granted.

Can we do something so big, nobody will ever forget?  I have 3 ideas: 

1. Make a new sun or moon - make it big and pretty so everyone will see it every day they play. 

2. Create a new volcano mountain on each server, complete with crater and lava.  Add a ramp up and at the rim, have some buildable land and a community contest for a memorial site at the top.  Devoloper deed the entire mountain and highway link, so the site can never be blocked.

3. Create a server for Tich.  Not sure how it should be, but something different than all the others.

If there is such a thing as the great beyond, I want her to know that we will always remember.

• Like 9

I sadly can't say I remember interacting with her much. By the sheer amount of heartfelt messages in the replies to this post its clear I've missed out. She clearly will be missed by this community.. F*ck cancer... ?

Love the gesture to memorize her.. Great thanks to the devs.

My condolences to anyone who has been personally touched by Tich's existence (family, friends and Wurmians alike).. ?

• Like 1

Words fail me right now, Tich pretty much conquered this game and then went out to make it so much better. I am glad I was able to do my little bit on the indy highway. Rest in Peace Tich, have fun in the sandbox in the sky!

• Like 2

Tich was why I became a dev, and I'll always remember how much she cared about the details of everything she did.  Whether it was discussing the finer points of how some new piece of Wurm would work or talking about model railways (a shared interest), Tich leaves a hole, and I miss her immensely.

She gave so much of herself to Wurm, and the game is what it is in large part due to her efforts.  Farewell, my friend.

• Like 7

Tich, All of us Wurm children who have walked these lands have been touched by your dedication and creative efforts. Even though I took the road less traveled there you were, in the lands I wandered, in the shaded woodlands, in the lands I leveled out before me, enabled by your work. A truly great loss to us all who spend our time within the game and of course all the more so to those who knew you personally. We all must pass on someday but you have left behind much for us to continue to enjoy as each day dawns.

I am very pleased to see this fitting tribute statue of Tich being added to the game. I will put one on the waters edge by my deed near Green Dog in memory of the great fisherwoman and creator in Wurm. Always welcome, perhaps her spirit will visit there to cast a curious eye towards Green Dog to see a new player arrive as the fish splash in the clear waters nearby. Maybe I will even cast a line out myself or at least stand there a moment to reflect upon her wonderful contributions to the game.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 6

Wow, shocking.

Makes me wonder how many of wurm's populace pass and we just think they quit.

Very sad.

• Like 3

Ouchhh :c thats so sad, may all the peace be with her and her family - All the best for you guys too, keep all that good work always up! ? 

I don't have any words strong enough to express everything that I feel right now. Too many memories all jumbled at the moment...

Tich has always been one of the driving forces in this game to me...as far back as old JK-H when she lived nearby. there were towering mountains of dirt... the first ships that she made in a little landlocked lake there. the road networks we built together at the start of the freedom cluster on indy, the work (oh so much work) she put in as a GM when I first joined the staff as a mere CA and over the years since, to her eventual elevation to a dev, and the many systems she created for us as a community. Bridges, the road system, permissions... and a huge amount of work behind the scenes to make the jobs of the staff easier.

May you always bask in the light tich... farewell.

• Like 7

On 11/4/2018 at 3:11 PM, Enki said:

... Tich always worked on big things. ...

indeed

thank you Tich, for revealing the mystery of flat raising to me

RIP Tich

As a Cancer survivor it pains me to hear someone who "made a difference" has been taken from us by that horrid disease.

I always enjoyed stopping by her place on my way home from tile counting a highway, to say Hi and admire her cathedral and those skyscraping flat rises at the top end of FM North West Highway at Rockhouse.

My condolences to her RL family and her colleagues on the Wurm Dev team and thank you for the statue so that she is remembered, for she did so much for all of us.  May she rest in peace.

With a heavy heart,  ?

Hughmongus

• Like 1

Very sad to hear.

I wish the family all the best in this very hard time.

• Like 1

RIP Tich 
This is 8 years too late but, sorry for taking your cart while you were building Freedom Highway ?

• Like 1

RIP Tich ? you will be missed!

Thank you for what you brought to Wurm and its community, we are forever grateful.

May your spirit stay with us in game.

For the rest of us, keep wurming ?

Edited by Nocturnes