Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Gone Fishing, Catch You Later - Tich / Pifa / Epona

I don't know what to say, so I will just say thanks for everything.

?

• Like 1

It's really sad to see such a nice wurmian to go. But we all will remember U.

RIP

• Like 1

This is so sad :(

Never knew her well beside occasional local chit chats while passing by. But she was really, really nice person from I could see.

I'm glad she is at least commemorated in this way as she will live as long as Wurm lives and even further in our memories.

Wurm suffered a great loss. RIP Tich

• Like 1

So sad news today. I didnt know her personally, though we were hunting together on some mass Rift-events,, but from my starting days Tich was one of the familiar names around. Condolances to her family and the Wurm team. 

• Like 1

Sweet dreams Tich.

I used to live just around the corner from Tich and would visit daily, while I haven't played in years this news has hit me damn hard as I never had the chance to say goodbye.

Keep fishing Tich, where-ever you may be <3.

• Like 1

Thank you for everything you have done for this game Tich, you are missed already.

My condolences to your family and loved ones.

• Like 1

Such sad news :(

I haven't played in years but felt I had to log in again to say goodbye.  I met Tich many times in-game and was always treated well.

Tempted to fire up my old account and cast a line into the water one last time.

• Like 1

I've come back to this thread at least a dozen times.

Tich and I didn't always get along. I didn't like her coding style, and I thought she just didn't like me at all. We kept a professional working relationship, however. On some level we both knew our goals were aligned toward whatever was best for Wurm. Still, I find myself really not happy with things I said to her or about her over the years. I don't usually have regrets, but I do right now. I regret my stupid opinionated self and my assumptions.

See, it wasn't until she shared her health situation with me that I realized none of the words we exchanged were personal. I've known for a few months - I think I said six, but I know it was shorter. I think that was the original time-frame, and I feel robbed that we didn't get longer. It's amazing what happens when you find out someone is not long for this world. All the little things disappear. I wish I had more time to talk and get to know her beyond Wurm. To know the person who brought so much to this game. That's what is making this hard for me. I don't usually have regrets as I said, but holy hell do I have so many right now.

I didn't come back to active playing because of Halloween. I came back because I noticed she was gone from our chats and I had a feeling in my gut that she had left us. I hate that I was right, but at the same time I think I spent these last 5 days or so doing what she would've wanted. I dove back into this game and I wanted to experience all of the things she brought to us. I went back into cooking. I paid particular attention to every bridge out there. I even played with the thought of fishing, but I had to pass on that. I started looking back at what all of you have done with what she's given us.

How silly of an idea to build in caves, but you all proved just how creative you could be. Whole cities, underground.

No one is going to care about paving in mines. But how glorious you've made things look!

And cooking, who cares? You all did, most of you. Sure there were bugs, but in the end it made Wurm better and more in depth.

Farewell Tich. Sorry I was such a pain over the years, but thank you for keeping this game interesting and for putting so much of yourself into it. You truly inspire me to do whatever I can to see that it lives on... so that you, too, live on.

• Like 29

I was privileged to be able to spend some time with your sweet gentle spirit Tich. I will think of you with not only each cast of my fishing pole but each log in to  Wurm.   Fish on beautiful lady-:)

• Like 3

I am sixty six and sometimes I think I see Death stalking me.  I will continue onward, trying to use Tich's spirit as a guide. RIP

• Like 2

Damn, sad news indeed.

I've known Tich for quite a while, being a staff member or just a simple player. She was always friendly, helpful, nice to chat with, quick to jump after a bug or unexpectedly say "Hi" while invisible on the test server driving me nuts trying to figure what was going on.

With those good memories in mind, I wish you to rest in peace Tich and maybe start preparing Wurm 2.0 in the great beyond with our others dearly departed wurmians.

Best wishes and condolences to her friends and familly.

Odynn

• Like 3

RIP Tich ?

There start to be many now, that walked the stairs up.

Im sure you all build a great wurm up there. 

###### Cancer ?

Edited by Maiya
  • Like 1

RIP

This was painful to read this morning.

I was really looking forward to Tich's next feature...

• Like 1

Even though I've known this might come for several months things escalated so quickly in the end and left me shocked and very sad. I am grateful that we had time to discuss the statue design before things got too bad to log on to chat. Tich you were fun, quick witted, always helpful and benevolent when things were confused and stressed out and you managed to touch many of our hearts both personally and with all these ingame features you implemented. I miss you a lot.

See you again when we are thrown back into the light, Tich!

• Like 46

Not farewell, but goodbye Tich, see you again on the new highway when I cross the last door here

• Like 2

Tich, you were such a creative force behind the scenes, I'm sorry to see you go. So much time and effort poured into Wurm, and I know we all appreciate what you've built here. I never really got to know you well but you always listened to my ideas. I know this because you told me when they were bad ones! :)

Thanks so much.

• Like 3

This is indeed very sad news. Lost for words on what to say, may you rest in peace, Tich.

• Like 1

Terrible news. :(

I've known Tich for a better part of 10 years, since JK-H. Her deeds and roads, and more recently, her feature contributions to the game, have always impressed me. You cannot go anywhere in Wurm and not see or hear about something that she hasn't touched in some way. She was truly one of a kind, always ready to lend a hand, both physically and mentally, and she will be missed dearly by so many, for a very long time.

Until we see each other again, rest easy. :)

• Like 4