Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Gone Fishing, Catch You Later - Tich / Pifa / Epona

Woah! I was just talking to Cecci about her the other day. ? RIP Tich,   a wonderful person and awesome player. She gave us all so much. 

I'll remember her for the fantastic Wurm cookbook and making all the tasty food she made possible for us. 

So very glad I got the chance  to meet her a few times in Wurm.

Edited by jasminth
  • Like 2

When I first started to play I thought Tich was a myth or legend, one whom I had no hope of meeting much less getting to know as a friend.  Having had that opportunity over these past 5 years, I have come to realize the wonderful person she was, and a legend in our hearts.  Goodbye dear friend, your pain is over, the loss of you is our pain to endure.  HUGS!

• Like 5

?   You will be greatly missed, was a awsome dev and friend,  Rest in peace.

• Like 1

As a noob, I still remember the first named horse I came across. It was Tichdance.

That name got me curious. I eventually found out that Tich was a dev. Although I did not have the privilege of personally knowing Tich, I extend my heartfelt condolences to Tich's family and friends. My gratitude to Tich for all the work making Wurm this wondrous thing we all love.

o7

Edited by Mataleao
o7
  • Like 1

My first and best memory is working with Tich on the cooking system. She was amazingly kind and let me have a recipe of my own in game. I will always remember her with that :)

A time I had a ticket on the test server for a "bug" which was my own mistake :P

[02:56:17] <Nicrolis> measuring jug has 10kg not 5 xD
[02:56:37] <Pifa> how do you mean?
[02:57:01] <Nicrolis> Requires 440 and 660 grams of water.
[02:57:12] <Nicrolis> measuring jug gives 1000 grams
[02:57:24] <Pifa> r-click on jug and change its volume
[02:57:45] Nicrolis headdesk

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 4

RIP Tich. Though im sry i didnt get to meet you and have great memories as many others do. I do love your work and the time you put into it was amazing. i well make a place for you to be honored in my park. Just remember you have get your fishing skill back up again this time on the other side. But im sure you know how to get there fast. Til then smile on us plz. ?

• Like 1

Rest in peace Tich, I remember meeting tich years ago on the original jk home server, so very helpful and a kind hearted player. I, like many others have used many of your great roads, you helped a great many stay connected. And free to flee from the fog spiders. you will be missed.

• Like 1

I met Tich in 2012 or 13, maybe earlier, it's been so long I don't remember exactly. We met in the Friends of Exodus alliance. I played Wurm before work and she was usually the only one in chat and we talked about all kinds of things. I really enjoyed those chats.

I think it was 2014 she became a dev, she never mentioned she did coding. Eventually she started work on bridges which at the time I never made any secret I desperately wanted in game and Rolf kept promising. We talked about that in the alliance a lot. I remember that as the highlight of my Wurm experience.

Time went on and work changed, I had less time to chat when she was on, the alliance changed, new servers opened and people spread out. We talked occasionally but nothing like before. In March 2016 she helped me with a large dirt project and she told me she had enjoyed those chats too and I think we both missed that time. After that we didn't talk much, just a few times on Steam. The last conversation I had with her on Wurm was me thanking her for helping. I don't think anything bad happened, we just grew apart and were doing our own things. I never knew there was any problem so I'm shocked right now.

I will miss you Tich and always remember the time we shared.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Pomona said:

There are no words that I can say that could express how much Tich meant to me. From way back in 2005 to present times we have laughed together and more recently cried together knowing there was nothing I could do to make things better.

So a final "G'Day Possum" and a shake of my pompoms as I watch you walk along your road into the sky. Don't look back my darling.

That's heart breaking..there are many more comments here in the forums that are very sad to read,but it's testament to who Tich was and how she touched the lives of many.

I did not know her  but  i hope she is at peace now and i am sorry to family and friends who were lucky enough to have her in their lives.

I will say this though,my friends and myself have had great times over the  years in this game because Tich made bridges and other activities in wurm come to life so i thank her for  the dedication to take bridges live so i could have great times with my friends for many years  :)

• Like 2

Rest in peace my friend, untill we meet again ,i still remember our first encounter on JKH, great times, great memories, aslong as we cherish those memories, Tich will not be forgotten about.

Untill we meet again!

- Elwood

• Like 1

Hardly a day has gone by in past years without Tich being mentioned. Greatly missed, rest in peace, Tich.

?

• Like 1

I didn't get to talk much to her, but I remember her name being around for a long time, that she touched alot of places I have been around and left her mark on people I'm spending every day with....just yesterday I was thinking about asking her out to come to our little meet up at the scar, because I thought she would fit in so well :(
I also remember she was one prominent name responding to my support tickets...probably not just coincidence....
this makes me sad :(

• Like 1

Quite shocked by this ...

I had some slight dealings w her, but didnt know her well, but very sad loss for us all.

RIP, we will miss you.

• Like 1

Mmm, didn t she have a deed on Exodus as well back in the days? On the east side, on a mountain top? She was so kind to improve my bee hives right heb the cooking update was launched.

Tich, see you on the other side!!! 

• Like 1

I'm utterly shattered by this news. 

We're all lesser for being with you Tich. Over the many years of playing this game I've been lucky to see first hand the effect you've had on players  both in a front-line sense serving on the GM team with you, as a neighbor and friend and also your impact behind the scenes as a developer. 

Just sat here reading logs of our chats over the years. I feel it's perhaps fitting that I share a chat we had in 2008.

Logging started at May 24, 2008
[19:41:32] <Tich> 
[19:41:41] <Tich> want to come back ?
[19:41:46] <Emoo> Am i going back?
[19:41:49] <Emoo> Yes lol
[19:42:59] <Emoo> Enough corpses yet lol?
[19:43:13] <Tich> hope so
[19:43:23] <Emoo> lol
[19:43:59] <Tich> fightin has finished
[19:44:28] <Emoo> Ah good, i was getting sick of dieing :P
[19:44:45] <Tich> lol, do it here its better than real
[19:45:03] <Emoo> lol true
[19:45:22] <Emoo> I'm all died out for tonight, i'll save it for tommrow :P

I wish you followed your own wisdom, but perhaps ironically Wurm Online will allow a part of you to truly live on.

Thankyou for the memories, thankyou for the friendship and thankyou for your time on this planet. You are missed. 

• Like 8

Very sad to hear. 

She made an incredible contribution to this game. Many things that we take for granted were built or influenced by her. Besides normal game features, she also modernized a lot of the CM/GM tools and significantly improved their ability to do their work. 

Wurm would have been a completely different game without her. She and her work will not be forgotten. RIP

• Like 2

“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”  Quote by Terry Pratchett.

I never knew you.  But you will be remembered.   May you rest well, whilst waiting for the rest of us to join you.

• Like 1

So sad.. 

Rest in peace Tich, and thank you for everything you gave us.

Edited by Snowtech
  • Like 1

A glimmer of light lives on, I have  a new foal "Raidtich"  I have a feeling it will love to ride up and down the vast roadways of wurm.  Infact I live near one she herself worked on rather recently.  It'll be the foals first canter when old enough.

• Like 2