Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Gone Fishing, Catch You Later - Tich / Pifa / Epona

Dear Wurmians,

We have very recently lost someone very dear to us here at Wurm Online.

On the 30th of October, Tich a.k.a Pifa a.k.a Epona passed away after a battle with esophageal cancer.

Tich is a prolific individual in the history of Wurm Online both first as a player, and later as a developer.  Tich’s mastery of the shovel was second to none as evidenced by the massive highway and infrastructure projects throughout the years.  Tich’s work brought us bridges and led to the evolution of the highway system of waystones and catseyes that we use today which freed us from a lot of rules and regulations that none of us were too happy with.

As a player, Tich also mastered fishing to become the first to 100 in that skill. Tich also took part in various major construction projects including the Great South Mountain Highway on Independence, major bridge and highway projects on Xanadu, and the building of Rockcliff Cathedral. 

It would take a lot of effort to even try to list every way that Tich has touched our lives here.  From moderation to the everyday situations that all of us encounter, Tich had a hand in making things better and brighter for all of us and not a day in Wurm goes by when we don’t use a system that Tich influenced. 

Everyone of us uses tools or mechanics that Tich developed for us, as an example in no particular order;

• Bridges
  • Support ticket system
  • The new permissions systems
  • The overhauled cooking system, trellises, beekeeping
  • The chat system with global messaging and trade
  • Addition of new wall types and staircases
  • Cave buildings and underground reinforcements
  • Terrain modification above and below ground
  • Wide mine entrances
  • New paving styles
  • The Wagoner system
  • ...and much more…..

Tich touched just about everything that we enjoy using every day in our experiences and was still working on new features before passing away. Work on a massive overhaul of the fishing system is mostly complete and we will be working to ensure that it is finished in Tich’s honour. 

Tich was with us since 2005 and a lot has transpired in the years since.  We will actively feel Tich’s presence in our lives for a long time to come as we get to enjoy the fruits of Tich’s labour in our time here.  Tich will be deeply missed by us, especially anyone who came to know Tich as a friend during their time together.  To commemorate and memorialise Tich within wurm we will be adding a statue of Tich’s character, sitting in a chair and fishing, which was one of Tich’s favourite things to do in game.

Xwr6FdY.jpg

Our heartfelt condolences go out to Tich’s family and loved ones both in real life and in Wurm, we are sure Tich will not be forgotten as we have made many memorable memories together over the years. 

• Like 85

Tich was my very first neighbour, wurm hero and inspiration with her road carvings.

Gone but never forgotten

RIP

• Like 5

I cross a highway Tich worked on everyday, I had no idea. So sorry to hear. My condolences go out to all who knew Tich.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 3

Cancer is such a wicked disease. May the knowledge that so many people cared for her comfort her family at such a difficult time.

• Like 4

It's a sad day when we lose a pillar of our community. My condolences to Tich's friends and family here and everywhere.

• Like 3

Rest in peace my dear friend... I will miss you dearly. I will save a vein for you to mine out when you need. :(

• Like 7

oh no, what a  great loss to everyone :(, is there any kind of fund going or something for some of us to contribute to maybe help with some of the financial burden for the  family at least?

• Like 3

May you find that bug free code my friend, thanks for all the memories ☄️

Pingpong

• Like 12

Rest in peace, Tich.  We will never forget you. :(

• Like 2

I still remember waking up one day during beta and logging in to find a new highway had been built beside us and that poor defenseless mountain behind me was getting a makeover as Tich was determined to build straight through.   Tich always worked on big things.

Until Later Tich!

• Like 15

Oh man... 

I wish the best to their family and friends.  I knew Tich back a few years ago, but haven't kept up recently.  So, so sorry. :(

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 2

OMG, that is such sad news. Her passing leaves me speechless   ?

• Like 1

Sad day indeed, my condolences to all friends and family of Tich ❤️ 

• Like 2

Rest In Peace, you will be missed, and loved by this community!

• Like 3

RIP and all the best to their family.

I suggested a fish-along in GL as a memorial event, I feel it would be a fitting tribute

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 6