Sign in to follow this  
Deathangel

Champions: [x3] gain back on stat losses to highest level like dying.

14 minutes ago, Deathangel said:

Could you elaborate on the sting sentence? I'm not sure what you mean.

Sting of champing = skill loss

Sting of being champ to others = uber crafter priest with godly damage reduction that stacks with sotg and other bonuses (and see example in that post right after)

So if say champs DR is reduced to not be so overpowered the same way sotg was nerfed, then maybe giving a x3 to get the lost point back could work.

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Champs on Epic is a very different situation, given the drastically reduced population there.  Half your kingdom are champs because there's 6 people on everyday.  

My example was a couple years ago before all of us stopped caring about epic, but even if it was now the point still remains that a limit of 3 means nothing until fights are commonly 15-20+ per side

46 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

My example was a couple years ago before all of us stopped caring about epic, but even if it was now the point still remains that a limit of 3 means nothing until fights are commonly 15-20+ per side

I'm inclined to disagree, because the enemy kingdom can have 3 champs just like you can.... even if it's 5 people instead of 6 actively playing, it's still something.  The way you portray your issue makes it sound like one kingdom can have champs and the other cannot.

The only reason I agree with this change is because the current system disproportionately affects different stats  accounts differently. A character with 70-80 body str is not going to take kindly to a 1 pt loss, whereas a 35 body account wont even feel it.

Loosing 1 point at level 80 is not the same as loosing 1 point at level 35. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 9:11 PM, Angelklaine said:

The only reason I agree with this change is because the current system disproportionately affects different stats  accounts differently. A character with 70-80 body str is not going to take kindly to a 1 pt loss, whereas a 35 body account wont even feel it.

Loosing 1 point at level 80 is not the same as loosing 1 point at level 35. 

Great point. I want to see Dadd champ again!

DA

More serious suggestion to combat "unbalanced" champhood coming in next post.

Alright everyone - here's an idea regarding champion Damage Reduction that might go well with this adjustment. Personally, I think the skillgain proposal I made in this thread would be very reasonable  ON ITS OWN. But, if we think less punitive skillgain for champions with DR as is, is too OP or overpowered, here is a possible change to how DR works as champion.

Additional DR Suggestion:
Scale champion DR inversely with body strength of player. Right now, i think it's always 60% DR no matter how tanky you are to begin with.

I propose the DR you get as a champ be scaled as : 

DR % = (100 - [Your Body Strength])

Thus, :

• a 90 body strength account will have (100 - 90) = 10% Damage Reduction while being a champion.
  • an 80 body strength account will have (100 - 80) = 20% DR as champ
  • a 60 body strength account will have (100 - 60) = 40% DR as champ
  • a 40 body strength account will have (100 - 40) = 60% DR as champ (the current amount)
  • a 30 body str account will have (100 - 30) = 70% DR as champ
  • a fresh toon, 20 body str will have (100 - 20) = 80% DR as champ

This DR change should be very easy to code/implement. It will make weaker champs similar in DR to "god-tier" champs, thus evening out the tankiness of champs. (I omit blocking/parrying in this comparison about tankiness because in a gank of 10 attackers you don't block/parry and it comes down to DR being main factor of tankiness, which is the case in most champion player deaths/fights.)

Such a DR system for champs would not necessarily reveal your body strength to other players, also, since every champion will be similar in tankiness regardless of body strength (and hopefully all will be at an appropriate level of toughness for a temporary buff).

Perhaps this type of DR scaling would make god-tier champs (the ones that will be more likely to champ, and you will see more of, if the skillgain [x3] recovery is added/fixed) less OP, and remove the need to "punish" such champs as severely with the current skillgain system.

tl;dr We can make stronger accounts (the ones that suffer most from the stat loss as champ), less tanky as champs so they can be punished less skill-wise when they dechamp.

I push for the fully-revised version of my original proposal if DR gets scaled inversely proportional to body strength, shown here:

On 12/6/2018 at 1:08 PM, Deathangel said:

More detailed suggestion: 2018 December 06

[13:00:11] <Deathangel> champions gaining skill ticks for their boosted skills (characteristics, channeling, exorcism) should receive gains at their (skill - 5) until dechamp and receive [x3] when they dechamp until (skill+1) after dechamping.

[13:00:49] <Deathangel> for channeling,exorcism tho it would be gains based on (skill-50) since those get a 50+ boost and no [x3] regain after dechamp

Solves the questionable grinding as champion and makes your gains more normal once you dechamp. Also minimizes the setback of dechamping.

DA

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deathangel said:
  • a 90 body strength account will have (100 - 90) = 10% Damage Reduction while being a champion.
  • an 80 body strength account will have (100 - 80) = 20% DR as champ
  • a 60 body strength account will have (100 - 60) = 40% DR as champ
  • a 40 body strength account will have (100 - 40) = 60% DR as champ (the current amount)
  • a 30 body str account will have (100 - 30) = 70% DR as champ
  • a fresh toon, 20 body str will have (100 - 20) = 80% DR as champ

High str accounts (80+) will never have a reason to champ as the difference is so small it isn't worth being locked to chaos for up to 6 months, and as a kingdom/team you're seriously hurting yourselves if you let high str accounts champ

However I can just see a fresh kingdom alt get sermoned up to 50, get 70fs in a couple days, grind some shield/weapon, get 70 med/sotg, and now theres a throwaway bike that gets god tier 80% dr every 6 months that the whole kingdom can use and no one gives a poop if it dies.  It's hardly any effort especially when a whole kingdom can grind the alt, or make it a whole bunch of alts so you can sermon/med them all at the same times, endless throwaway bike champs

Bump to the top, top toons dont champ usually. This would be pretty fair way to make it a better trade off for more top tier toons, if those types of accounts are actually meant to be able to reasonably champ, anyway.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:00 PM, Threap said:

if you mean you get 3x on your stat losses then +1