Sign in to follow this  
Challenge

All Servers: Short Term Premium Ability

We need a short term option to premium a character in order to help priest OR players who come and go periodically and can't afford to have 24/7 premium time. This feels like it will be even more needed after the priest overhaul changes are implemented. Please consider the following:

All Servers - Allow a One Silver For Three Days Premium Option At Deed Tokens

Rules in order to see the option: Must have premiumed  the character in question at least once before for a two month period.

• Like 2

See, good Devs....   See the need to do SOMETHING about the high cost of playing?

The cost of Wurm, and indeed any game is something that will always cause a great deal of discussion. For some people, the cost of playing Wurm is something that they will not even think about whereas for other people in different circumstances Wurm can appear expensive.

We do need to balance cost of playing with that of observing all the updates that our development team bring out at an amazing rate. Wurm is indeed a game that is given a great deal of love and attention compared to other titles.

So what to do?  Paying 1s for three days premium sounds as if it is giving the development kitty a lot in comparison to the months premium. The drawback with this (in my opinion) is that if a significant number of people use this idea the monies going into Wurm will probably not pay for development at the current rate. It is for this reason that your idea, which has obviously been put forward with good intent is unlikely to be agreed to.

• Like 1

It is not just a question of simply affordability. I have seen many people log in over time(or on discord) and say " I don't have premium but dont think ill spend enough time to justify being premium". So they will log out instead of playing. This could be resolved by adding my suggestion. We need more players in game and this will help.

Edit: Typos

Edited by Challenge

Game's dead so we think of means to kill it further by allowing people to play 3 days instead of 15 before paying again.... Despite knowing that i still think its a good idea, for i would personally use it +1

• Like 1

I would use this as well, but how about different approach that wouldn't diminish CCs direct income in real money through shop but oposite. What if this feature wouldn't be attainable through silvers ingame, what I suggest instead would be to make option on shop to purchase package of premium tokens (10 tokens for 10 euros for example and each token upon usage would give you 2-3 days of premium so you can play just for the weekend for example). Premium tokens would be non dropable like sleep powders and I'm thinking if they should be tradeable but I guess it would be quite convenient to buy one pack for several alts, math can be tweaked a little bit but no point having them much more expensive than 10 euros for full month worth of play...

• Like 1

is a good idea, but can be abusable by people using it for sermons and/or for unique fights too.
Also first month cost 2s, next one 10s. No refer anymore in that way too.

3 hours ago, kochinac said:

I would use this as well, but how about different approach that wouldn't diminish CCs direct income in real money through shop but oposite. What if this feature wouldn't be attainable through silvers ingame, what I suggest instead would be to make option on shop to purchase package of premium tokens (10 tokens for 10 euros for example and each token upon usage would give you 2-3 days of premium so you can play just for the weekend for example). Premium tokens would be non dropable like sleep powders and I'm thinking if they should be tradeable but I guess it would be quite convenient to buy one pack for several alts, math can be tweaked a little bit but no point having them much more expensive than 10 euros for full month worth of play...

Same here, can be abusable, but if they are tradeable could be used to pay things or gifts like free sleep powder for pay prem in shop...

• Like 1

"Sermon abuse" is buying 5-6 1st month prem alts at 2silver each(whatever lowest amount was needed for a prayer reset..), than spamming prayers and sermons on all.. essentially generating fresh nooby priests to sell - each at 5-30silver later, when they run out of prem. Meanwhile going to every unique slaying for scraps and bloods, and if you're pushing it rifts.. slap 5-10 rift mobs in the end with each alt to just get a few more silvers from the loot.

Cheap alts have always been abused for anything possible.

If you pay for premium for 5 years and go to every single unique public slaying, you still wont be able to make your own dragon armor, you get one in few months by bringing the horde.

Cheap priests wont make things easier, it will just let some pay less and burst cast a few items to sell, ruining the business of other priests who are premium the whole month.

Get around the long term damage, and this could be good for some, not definitely not for the many in long term.

• Like 2

On the surface this seems a nice idea for enabling people to play for a few days on whatever characters they might have but there are negative impacts such as those Finn mentioned that need to be considered. I think that this would just encourage too much alt play that would be used strategically just for their short term benefits, some of which are questionable as to whether they improve the game play for everyone. It should definitely Not be available by paying within the game for silver though. Keep this type of short term Premium time option in the Wurm Shop only. Then at least the game can generate some income from it exclusively.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 5:21 PM, armyskin said:

This game still costs half what SWTOR costs to sub.

Yeah but isn't SWTOR still primarily free and the majority of the content, free?

1 hour ago, FranktheTank said:

Yeah but isn't SWTOR still primarily free and the majority of the content, free?

About the same 

It uses the pay to dress up model

Edited by armyskin
More info

5 hours ago, tamat said:

is a good idea, but can be abusable by people using it for sermons and/or for unique fights too.

Should we say no to something that might keep Wurm going, just to prop up the clunky mechanics of things like sermons and unique fights?

This wont 'keep wurm going', it's another way to cut income making priests side tool. It will ruin the game for full time premium priests.

Economy's bad enough, this cant bring anything good to the market, in a bright another world.. this is fine, but in the wurm universe, we know how such feature will be used.

You want a few casts.. trade with somebody..

As it has been stated, the rules applying for this means the character would need to have been premiumed the " normal way " for two months minimum. The two silver method is already in the game for new characters and that can be abused on unique hunts. This wouldn't affect that unless they have premiumed the character for two months - post two silver premium. This is an option for older characters who don't have the time to consistently play due to real life responsibilities or priorities and can't see the need to pay month to month. Some kind of income from those people would be something instead of nothing.

@Gladiator I guess I appreciate the post , but maybe lay off the cough syrup.

They'll just keep using the old method.. obvious, cheaper.. you're not convincing anyone with that.. need to have 10iq ppl to not see it.

Your idea HARM full time prems, how do you plan to make that not a thing?

Double the foraging effort and go half-month prem.(you can do that right now.. 5 bucks.. 2 weeks of wurming)

2silver paying at token.. helps nobody.. if you want this.. pay 3s a the webshop, I'll +10 that idea.

Use your own name to show you're serious. Absurd ideas put from random new names on forum are just fishy.

Edited by Finnn
typo

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, Finnn said:

They'll just keep using the old method.. obvious, cheaper.. you're not convincing anyone with that.. need to have 10iq ppl to not see it.

Your idea HARM full time prems, how do you plan to make that not a thing?

So your point is that they won't abuse the NEW 1 silver for three day option if it were added but will continue to abuse what is already in game anyway. Why not remove the 2 silver option and add this new idea(2 month premium, if not longer, by cash required first before available) instead. What you said seems to me to help the argument to implement it..

Hell, add a one month cash option at the "web shop". The issue is that I've seen quite a few people not play simply because the time they had available to play did not seem to be worth spending the money to them and these people had the most time available to play only on the weekends. I have little intention to use the option myself.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, Finnn said:

Use your own name to show you're serious. Absurd ideas put from random new names on forum are just fishy.

I can only assume that you're a full time freedomer so you wouldn't understand. The only thing fishy is here that you people say the economy sucks but don't complain about this " abused " 2 silver option that is further hurting the economy? Is that not absurd?