Sign in to follow this  
Challenge

Epic Tome Drop Rate Changes

Hello all,

In order to have more Tomes available and have newer players get a chance of owning some. Here are some simple changes to the ways tomes can be acquired on Epic:

1)Change Lumps from Winning Scenario Drop list To Fragments

2)Allow Small Uniques to Drop Fragments(Goblin Leader, All 5 Hatchlings)
    Allow Large Uniques to Drop Tomes(Troll King, Kyklops, Forest Giant, All 5 Dragons)

Edited by Challenge
  • Like 1

I'm for option #1, but still hesitant about #2.

Were you thinking 1-charge tomes for large uniques?

• Like 1

I pray for option one. It feels like you are hated by your god when you receive a lump for winning or like getting a piece of charcoal for Christmas.

[20:27:05] You pray at the altar of Buddha.

Wouldn't that be nice too?

• Like 2

A one-charge tome for larger uniques sounds reasonable.

Might be nice if you had a shot at tome frags for a certain amount of mission work, even without winning a scenario (maybe tie it to the mission-based achievements; every X mission completions, your god recognizes your devotion, etc.).

• Like 2

So I spent roughly 110 hours last scenario, over what seemed like a few week period, for a 1 KG 98 QL Seryl Lump.

Seems like enough proof for some change on this.

…...help us.

• Like 1

Dude! You should totally convert to JK and come to Serenity. Right now I have no competition for tomes when Fo gets a good scenario drop. :)

@Gladiator You are right. It is because of the trolls like you that people will not get into Epic. On top of the awful skill transfer system that is in place. This is a suggestion forum and not preschool. If you don't play there then don't post about it.

@Roccandil You seem like a good guy and everything but I will stick with my friends I currently have. It's not a people issue. The system needs to do what the system was designed to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Challenge said:

@Gladiator You are right.

It is because of the trolls like you that people will not get into Epic.

If i am right, how am i being a troll? I just said the truth, i mean, you said it yourself that i am right. Should people be lied to when choosing a server? Should people be lied that Epic has a massive population and that it's all great and nothing is wrong with it? Or should they be told the truth? Again, how am i trolling?

On top of the awful skill transfer system that is in place.

So you also agree that there's an 'awful skill transfer system' . Ok, is that not good enough reason for people not to get into Epic? Or do you still believe that I am the only reason people are not?

If you don't play there then don't post about it.

I can post whatever i want about it. This is a suggestion thread. The nature of a suggestion thread is to allow people to voice their opinions about certain things. I told you my opinion. And maybe if Epic was fixed and / or wasn't so dead I would play it, but that is besides the point.; You can't force people not to post on your thread.

And just so you know, my initial comment :

7 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Not having enough tomes is not the reason Epic failed

Is nothing but me -1ing your suggestion, if you haven't understood that, although i thought it was obvious.

-1 , tomes was way too easy to get on Epic in the first place.