Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Rope tools

Long ago, last time I made rope (a year ago?) we were able to use rope tools from the ground by choosing Add to crafting window. Now that option isn't available, even on the other servers I visited. 

Would it have just been a mod, maybe, that was allowing it?  Or did something change?

If it was a mod, please let me know which one!

Edited by Batta

Can confirm that option doesn't appear for me either. -- I guess you're worried about rope tools going missing?

2 hours ago, Adambean said:

Can confirm that option doesn't appear for me either. -- I guess you're worried about rope tools going missing?

No, just wanted to have a couple planted in the public workshops for players to use. That is the context that I used them from the ground, previously, and it seems like a nice help for new players who don't have one yet.

5 hours ago, Adambean said:

I guess you're worried about rope tools going missing?

I think he means, you want people to be able to use them without walking off with them.

IE, have them secured so they can be used but not taken, just like a large anvil at a public forge.

Yeah, when I said "going missing" I meant nicked primarily. :)

This feature is definitely gone though. A small(ish) mod could likely bring it back.

1 hour ago, Adambean said:

Yeah, when I said "going missing" I meant nicked primarily. :)

This feature is definitely gone though. A small(ish) mod could likely bring it back.

We aren't so much worried about players stealing them.  We just want them to be planted in a spot where everyone can use them, and know where to find them.  Exactly where, lol.

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1