Sign in to follow this  
Adambean

Kingdom boundaries shrunk only covering their villages?

This week I noticed that kingdom boundaries seem to have shrunk in that they now only cover the boundaries of their villages. That being as soon as you step outside of a village's primary space into a perimeter zone you get the "You leave Horde of the Summoned" message. (This applies to all kingdoms.) There are still guard towers and altars around as before assigned to their respective kingdoms, so boundaries should be spread further than villages. -- God presence (e.g. "You feel the presence of Libila") does not appear to be impacted

This has the biggest impact on HOTS as mycelium is receding pretty rapidly. For all kingdoms I've noticed quite a high proportion of dead native animals (e.g. Hyena near HOTS).

Game version is 1.8.0.3.

Is there a kingdom of influence around other guard towers that are not on deed usually 60 tiles.

Edited by bigsteve

Being close to towers no longer indicates kingdom influence when outside a village. (Literally only the village territories do.) The towers do still have their guards, though I found one dead yesterday. -- Possibly the start of a mass dying.

Restarting the server appears to have had a positive effect on this. Kingdom boundaries are back to matching guard towers, presumably the mycelium will start growing again but I'll need to wait and see.

I noticed in the feature management there is a "New Kingdom Influence" feature. It is enabled and overriden for some reason, but isn't meant to be available until version 140. (We're at 129.) Perhaps a server restart made this take the effect it was meant to.

Edit: Yes, the mycelium is growing again. The disease, it spreads!!

Edited by Adambean
Update on mycelium
  • Like 2