Sign in to follow this  
Quarry

Waterfalls, Lava falls, and Lava Pools, Underground Mushroom Farming

I usually don't post in the forums very much and would like to let you know that I have been playing Wurm online for over 10 years and love what this game has become and thank all the devs throughout the years for their hard work. There are some things this game needs to have due to some of the wonderful updates that have come out in the years.

I would like to see waterfalls and rivers to make deeds even more beautiful :-). Rivers higher than just sea level. You could have watermills along those rivers making flour. You could also make certain fish available in those rivers. It could allow canals to irrigate rice above sea level for those people without coastal deeds. No need to allow boats on those rivers, keep those at sea level.

As for the lava pools and lava falls, I would love to have an underground dwarven paradise, but i can't because i can't make lava pools and lava falls. What kind of dwarven paradise doesn't have lava :-). All this wonderful stuff you are allowed to do underground now needs those lava pools and lava falls more than ever. As for the underground mushroom farming we need a better way to be able to get mushrooms. 

• Like 10

If it comes in we might be enticed to keep the mountain deed we hardly play on...sounds like such a beautiful world both above and underground.  +1

+1  ---  All your suggestions are amazing ideas, but need to be well thought out.

I'll take your water suggestion idea, and simplify it.

I'd love to have water tables at different elevations, not just at water level zero. They could be added in a "natural spring" type of system, where randomly around the terrain, water tables could be generated in a small, defined area, allowing for high-mountain ponds, lakes, and "streams". Digging near them could be made a little limited as the smaller water tables wouldn't go until the end of the map like the zero water table does, and digging near them would expose the unnatural edges of the water table game object. Maybe you could get some sort of error message like "The action would drain the pond".

Flowing water, of course, would be more difficult to add and require a complete rework of the existing water system.

While this wasn't what you were asking for, and what we all would hope for, I'd settle for at least something like this!

Surely random little water tables called natural springs could be added at random elevations!

2 hours ago, Lei said:

+1  ---  All your suggestions are amazing ideas, but need to be well thought out.

I'll take your water suggestion idea, and simplify it.

I'd love to have water tables at different elevations, not just at water level zero. They could be added in a "natural spring" type of system, where randomly around the terrain, water tables could be generated in a small, defined area, allowing for high-mountain ponds, lakes, and "streams". Digging near them could be made a little limited as the smaller water tables wouldn't go until the end of the map like the zero water table does, and digging near them would expose the unnatural edges of the water table game object. Maybe you could get some sort of error message like "The action would drain the pond".

Flowing water, of course, would be more difficult to add and require a complete rework of the existing water system.

While this wasn't what you were asking for, and what we all would hope for, I'd settle for at least something like this!

Surely random little water tables called natural springs could be added at random elevations!

Interesting thought and definitely something that would be easier to implement. However I wonder what kind of mining messups it's gonna create. Sounds it can make people who want deeds with underground infrastructure more frustrating... Also would require minimum height above which these water tables would appear and how would you generate them against existing terraformed deeds. Sounds good on paper but in reality I think I could bring more headache than merrits...

I dunno: underground rivers could be cool. :) Especially if water mills/machinery became a thing.