Horse Colors 2018  

281 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which 3 horse colors would you like to see in Wurm Online?

As long as you all choose Dapple Grey you are free to choose any color that fancies your tickle giggle. ?

• Like 1

The poll results are to close. I guess you guys have no choice but to add them all. ?

• Like 6

Of course you do realise....

We currently have 8 horse colours..

Adding another 5 colours leaves 13..

...which is a very awkward number and quite unpopular in some cultures,

so...

...we really need to have SIX more colours - just to even things up to 14.

Then we can ride a different colour horse every day for two weeks.  You know it makes sense. ;) 

• Like 5

On 11/4/2018 at 3:45 PM, Nocturnes said:

I love your designs but it would be cool if the leopard could look abit more like this:

Black hoofs 

The_Wild's_Leopard_Appaloosa_Horse_T.jpg

I LOVE the look of that Nocturnes! And rest assured, the actual polished version will in fact look a little more like this.

And just to be clear guys, the image with all the colors is super duper unpolished and rough and does not represent the final versions, which of course will be much more polished and beautiful.

You see, that image was originally from a reply I made to butterflygirl25's suggestion thread. She had made a suggestion to get more horse colors and I totally agreed, so instead of just leaving a "+1", I wanted to help her get the suggestion through by giving a visual idea of what they might look like. Since I was merely responding to someone else's suggestion thread, in that moment I wasn't putting very much time or effort into it. Just very quick n' dirty. Little did I know at the time what all would follow. And here we are now! 

So please keep this in mind guys, the end results will look much nicer than what you see there. ?

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Malena said:

I LOVE the look of that Nocturnes! And rest assured, the actual polished version will in fact look a little more like this.

And just to be clear guys, the image with all the colors is super duper unpolished and rough and does not represent the final versions, which of course will be much more polished and beautiful.

You see, that image was originally from a reply I made to butterflygirl25's suggestion thread. She had made a suggestion to get more horse colors and I totally agreed, so instead of just leaving a "+1", I wanted to help her get the suggestion through by giving a visual idea of what they might look like. Since I was merely responding to someone else's suggestion thread, in that moment I wasn't putting very much time or effort into it. Just very quick n' dirty. Little did I know at the time what all would follow. And here we are now! 

So please keep this in mind guys, the end results will look much nicer than what you see there. ?

Now I so want that horse colour added too....

• Like 1

Having thought about it a 'bit' more, 16 is a far more logical number, code-wise.  So we need to add at least 8 colours.

16 bits would be two bytes - which is incidentally far less bites than you get if you try to fit 16 horses with bridle bits ;)

I think with 2 more bytes, we could have all 10 colours in fact, but that would free up another 14 unused bits.  So Malena could work on finding 14 more horse colours for those later on. :D

Note - 1 byte could actually represent 256 colours, but I think it's best not to distress Malena with that at this point.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Malena said:

I thought most of your designs looked great and beautiful as they were represented even if they werent polished, Im just really thankful for new horses that you can provide code club and the once you already provided ^ ^ 

Im happy you also liked the design of the leopard in that image :D 

Thanks for making Wurm better!

*edit*

I think I speak for us all when I say that your work is highly appreciated!

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 7

I noticed the Black Silver picture has one of what I think is a Clydesdale by the long hair at the hoves.  Anyway, wouldn't it be great to add draft horses either as a mutation or creation that would pull a wagon better?

3 hours ago, rapidron said:

I noticed the Black Silver picture has one of what I think is a Clydesdale by the long hair at the hoves.  Anyway, wouldn't it be great to add draft horses either as a mutation or creation that would pull a wagon better?

This poll is about horse colors only, not horse breeds - which I think some people might confuse. But yeah, it would be awesome if we could have say three different horse meshes in the game some day as well representing breeds from the varying levels of hot/warm/cold blooded breeds. But yeah, that's a completely different topic. 

• Like 1