Horse Colors 2018  

281 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which 3 horse colors would you like to see in Wurm Online?

And as if deciding wasn't already challenging enough, here's the real life references for these colors. Among my personal favorites are the appaloosas. My auntie Desmie bred them in England back in the day and I'll never forget the magical moment visiting her appaloosa farm. Speckled horses all over the place! For a little girl who loves horses, it was like I'd entered a magic kingdom!

HorseColorReferences1-5.jpg

HorseColorReferences6-10.jpg

Please note: The graphical style we have in Wurm is not "shiny". So when you look at these RL references please realize that they will look roughly the same as in the first image you saw. Very matte. 

• Like 13

Big thank you to Joelle, Retro and Malena! Voted for my 5 favorites before I saw the suggestion about the 3 lol, can't wait for these new babies :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malena said:

And as if deciding wasn't already challenging enough, here's the real life references for these colors. Among my personal favorites are the appaloosas. My auntie Desmie bred them in England back in the day and I'll never forget the magical moment visiting her appaloosa farm. Speckled horses all over the place! For a little girl who loves horses, it was like I'd entered a magic kingdom!

Spoiler

HorseColorReferences1-5.jpg

HorseColorReferences6-10.jpg

Please note: The graphical style we have in Wurm is not "shiny". So when you look at these RL references please realize that they will look roughly the same as in the first image you saw. Very matte. 

Interesting!  I had never seen Black Silver in real life.  Very cool.

The Grey Silver makes me think of Icelandic horses, the wild mane really.  Though again, never seen that color.

I've ridden Icelandic horses, lots of Quarter horses (being in the US) including appy's and paint, an Arabian, plenty of Draft horses...

Still have a goal/dream of finding myself an Oldenburg to ride.  Seems like the size of a draft horse but with the spirit and energy of a more svelte breed.

Anyway... back to regularly scheduled programming... :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Miretta said:

i want dapple grey :3 it's so unique looking and kind of like sparkles :D

I didn't realize til now, I love you Miretta.

• Like 1

Great news on adding 5! more colors of Malena's wonderful horse artwork into the game! I can't decide on any preferences really as they all look so good. So I will be well satisfied with whatever the consensus might be. Can't be disappointed this way either, ha!

=Ayes=

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Interesting!  I had never seen Black Silver in real life.  Very cool.

The Rocky Mountain horses.  Gorgeous, with amazing smooth gaits.  My favorite breed.  :)

• Like 2

I don't know why but I really want a brown cow-horse now to go with my black and white cow horse. Bring on the cow horses!

3 hours ago, olafhairybreeks said:

I ❤️ you Malena!

I love you olaf that you love malena for loving the dapple grey

Did I see right that they are adding 5 new horses to the game?
If I could have voted for 5:

Gold Buckskin,
Blanket Appaloosa,
Black Silver,

Skewbald Pinto,

Dapple Grey

Hard to believe the Dapple Grey isn't further ahead... bumber.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thalius said:

Did I see right that they are adding 5 new horses to the game?
If I could have voted for 5:

Gold Buckskin,
Blanket Appaloosa,
Black Silver,

Skewbald Pinto,

Dapple Grey

Hard to believe the Dapple Grey isn't further ahead... bumber.

Thalius it's not too late! The poll should still be open until the Valrei International Edition 72, so you still have time. :) As Joelle instructed, choose your top 3 choices.

Honestly these are all lovely and I'd be more than happy to see any in the game!

• Like 1

This is excellent!  Was just thinking that we needed some new colors.  Something to keep the breeders busy for quite awhile.

• Like 1

The Wurm horses are arguably some of its most beautiful and compelling assets.

Thanks to Malena's Magic Dandy Brush (TM) - Wurm horses will have even more individuality, colour and personality to offer - I can hardly wait! :)

Thank you!

• Like 1

Dunno why people vote for the Skewbald Pinto when that is already decided on by Retro.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cecci said:

Dunno why people vote for the Skewbald Pinto when that is already decided on by Retro.

Because I assumed his comment was in jest, creating a humorous repartee with Joelle for us all to enjoy.

Shirley one wouldn't abuse their position of such irrefutable power for the unethical purpose of unilaterally hijacking player-driven decisions! 

Retro's comment is more like Bloodscythe's lobby for Grey Silver...;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reylaark said:

Because I assumed his comment was in jest, creating a humorous repartee with Joelle for us all to enjoy.

Shirley one wouldn't abuse their position of such irrefutable power for the unethical purpose of unilaterally hijacking player-driven decisions! 

*cough* 

I'm reserving one for a wildcard entry based on voting and what's left, it seems a lot of the popular ones are black and white, so having some more colour in might be nice too!

• Like 3

I love your designs but it would be cool if the leopard could look abit more like this:

Black hoofs 

The_Wild's_Leopard_Appaloosa_Horse_T.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/3/2018 at 9:40 AM, Reylaark said:

Retro's comment is more like Bloodscythe's lobby for Dapple Grey...;)

touche',  I see what you did there, very nicely done.

• Like 1