Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Allow to build bridges alligned to minedoors in certain cases

Hello

I've noticed that I cannot design like this any longer:

kOh4kf3.jpg

There are two bridges on the sides of the mine door. Clearance between bridges and ground is ok but game just won't allow to build bridges next to the side of mine door just by default.

The same the other way, with opening a mine door between bridges.

I understand that probably game protect ground on the side of the bridge against auto-flattening a mine entrance border when opening a mine door.

I think that in cases where mine entrance border is already flat, it should be allowed to build bridges on sides or opening an entrance between the bridges.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 3

I've also noticed that it is no longer possible to open a mine door the next tile on the sides of the bridge even if it faces towards the bridge- I think it is because now the mine opening top edge is flattened it would alter the terrain under the bridge.

I would expand this suggestion to have an option to open a mine opening that does not autoflat the top edge of the opening and disallow putting up a minedoor on a non-flat top edge. This way a bunch of mine entrance desings that were available before the flattening changes would be still feasible - I really sad that it is no more possible to create of a multi tile opening with an arched top  too :(

• Like 2

I were also suprised of that change. Don't even know when that happened.

When I was planning my new deed, got in mind my previously builded designs where it was possible to do.

Now I'am sort of disappointed and forced to change design, wich is very hard couse of limited space.

@Retrograde Any reason that it was ninjafixed or just changed by accident?

For reminder: now, planned bridge cannot be alligned to any side of the opening/mine door.

Any info on this?

This limitation seems too harsh.

Now there need to be 1 tile gap around mine entrance, to build any bridges.

I think, that bridges could be alligned to mine door (by bridge side of course) if the mine entrance has already flat bottom and upper borders.