Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Remove "decoration" decay even when placed on racks/surfaces

Currently, "decoration" items don't take damage on deed. This applies to statues, chests, barrels, and anything else that doesn't form a pile on the ground. However, they are only exempt from decay when actually on the ground. For example, an amphora in an amphora rack will take decay damage, as will a barrel or amphora placed on an empty shelf.

I consider this problematic in a couple ways:

1. It's counterintuitive. You would expect a barrel to take the same decay on-deed whether it's inside another container or not, especially when simply placed on a table. I wasn't even aware of the difference myself until it was clarified to me by the developers.
  2. It unnecessarily discourages the use of decorative and convenience features, such as amphora/small barrel/crate racks and the new ability to place decorations on top of other objects.

I'm all ears, but I honestly don't see why this would cause a problem, and it would alleviate some confusion.

• Like 20

+1 ... only since I moved to a new place I noticed my valtentines pottery had all taken damage by standing on bedside tables. v.v

• Like 1

+1 we should be encouraged to keep things in racks not discouraged

• Like 2

Bump, please include armor in armor stands, and tools in toolstands (bows and weapons).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fairyshine said:

Bump, please include armor in armor stands, and tools in toolstands (bows and weapons).

Why not just make the LMC a craftable item?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Why not just make the LMC a craftable item?

I like displaying armor in stands and weapons and bows, it just sucks you have to keep repairing them...even on deed.

• Like 1

Absolutely +1, I'm surprised it is not that way now - I'm a bit afraid about the current damage of the displayed items on my deeds now.

+1

I was going to make a suggestion about this, but did a search first and found this thread.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!!! It has been absolutely wonderful that we've now got the option to put stuff on surfaces, but what good does it do if they just decay away?

It makes absolutely no sense that the same item that did not take damage on the floor/ground of a deed magically starts taking damage as soon as you put it on a surface. The same rules should apply! 

I just finished my horse market and last night I placed a horse bridle onto a bar table for display. Today the bridle is not there anymore and must have decayed overnight. Now I don't want to do ANY decorating because I'm scared I'll just lose everything to decay :(. 

• Like 3

+1
I just discovered they take damage, i'm pretty pissed as well, why would you make them work like this? it's highly counterintuitive and now a bunch of decorations i had are ruined.