Sign in to follow this  
Joelle

Halloween Tricks & Treats!

Happy Halloween, Wurmians! We on the Wurm team hope you’re gearing up for your spooky fall festivities. Here on the team, we’ve been hard at work to make this Halloween a thrill for all.

Tricks!

We asked the creatures of Wurm what they’d like to dress up as this Halloween. Unfortunately, none of them spoke English, so we decided for them. Keep an eye out for all sorts of spooky trick-or-treaters masquerading about on your adventures. Will you find the goblins dressed as Aliens? Or the troll Princesses? Maybe if you’re lucky, you’ll spot a delicious Candycorn!

4nNEq67.png

And Treats!

That’s not all, however. The pumpkin shoulderpads and troll masks are back and will soon be joined by this year’s new Halloween treats. Be sure to go hunting for your chance to find the human skull mask and the witch’s hat. Expect to see these go live after the next update in the next day or so--just in time for Halloween!

Ynoh2pf.jpg

That’s all for now, folks! Have a safe and happy Halloween. Eat lots of candy, scare all your friends, and keep on Wurming!

- Joelle & The Wurm Team

• Like 23

Woo! More cosmetic items! :D ?

Edited by Xallo

nice i'm impressed good job ?

That hat is to dye for.

sorry had to.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 4

o m g .... time to get my nice horsie to the new deed and hunt.

Thanks Devs :D

Sweet! Love the new cosmetics. Hope to snag myself a set!

Edited by McGarnicle

I wish the witches hat could be imped, it would look great as part of a leather armor set!

I guess after killing 300 mobs (and another 800 from one of my friends) we are not destined to have a witches hat.  At least we got one mask between the two of us...

I got pumpkin shoulder pad and troll mask and killed atleast 50 trolls and goblins so far and much, much more other mobs, drop rates doesn't seem that high for new items for me ? Hope i'll snatch some new ones if my playtime allows it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kochinac said:

I got pumpkin shoulder pad and troll mask and killed atleast 50 trolls and goblins so far and much, much more other mobs, drop rates doesn't seem that high for new items for me ? Hope i'll snatch some new ones if my playtime allows it

Yes, unfortunately, we work most of the day and really have a limited time to play online games.  I would love to get a hat and spent way too long after I was supposed to sleep last night, again this morning and again a little bit tonight after work (I think I fell asleep at work to catch up on some sleep!).  Up to now, I got no Halloween treat in the form of loot (old or new).  Obviously the cool graphics was kind of a treat :) always fun to see the mobs during Halloween.

My friend worked his sword up from 90 bloodthirst to over 4000 since starting to look for the Halloween items last night (obviously killing everything that moves) and got 3 pumpkin shoulders and the mask I mentioned before.  

Another friend posted me his kill stats (about four times what I killed) and he got nothing either...so like I said before, at this rate I am probably not destined to get the elusive hat.  ?‍♀️  If something drops from a mob who decides to pick a fight while I harvest sprouts off deed, it will be great.  Otherwise, I will think up excuses as to why I really don't want a hat ... because hat hair!

I understand Fairyshine, I went on two decently long hunting trips yesterday, and in the last half hour finally got a skull mask (was hoping for the witches hat). The drops do seem to be a bit thin on the ground, but then it felt like the mob spawns were not exactly heavy either, will try again today. Ran across two Zombiecrats, which gave nothing, hope to run across some more of the 'halloween' only mobs maybe. When I first logged in seeing my deer with pumpkin heads reminded me of my noobie days and how much these Halloween thingies freaked me out lol, always a nice touch of fun every year thanks devs :)

• Like 1

I like the reduced drop rate, although it is a bit frustrating at the time. Dedicated an entire day to hunting and landed two. Took my huge axe skill up from 68 to over 70 (It was in serious need of some skilling). Luckily got enough coin drops from killing/butchering/burying to pay to get my axe imped back up.

I guess if you spend more time in a game going trick a treating than you would in real life, and get nothing, it is disappointing.  I will just be content with seeing the graphics and spending time with my friends while doing so, but this year's Halloween I got nothing.  Hope everyone else gets what they are after :) It seems to have drawn people off their deeds and going adventuring, at least. 

We'll be looking at whether it needs adjusting. We have server side logging cataloguing each drop so we'll be able to work out if the rate is one we're happy with or if it needs changing.

Due to this years items being added a bit later than th eevent started we'll be looking at extending the event too

• Like 2

Hunted for a good 3 hours solid tonight, killing lots of things and no drops... Hoping this will still be available on Saturday since it's my only day off work for the next 9 days and lets face it, I NEED those items to fully complete my look :D

5 minutes ago, IkaDemandred said:

theres nearly no mobs left on alot of Celebration 

especially trolls

You'll probably find that everyone's spamming the overworld so much that mobs are spawning underground in droves or elsewhere on the overworld where the population isn't visiting as often. Checkout some mines, once the hoard where-ever it may be is cleared, they should spawn in expected areas again.

My areas pretty dry at the moment on Deli (had quite a few hunters today!)... Except for a huge underground mine nearby which is chok-a-block with mobs.

Nice job, devs and art team, Halloween got a lot of love this year.? Got the hat after the 3rd mob, feeling bad for the unlucky ones!

• Like 2

What's a more suitable thread for necroing as a thread about Haloween........... 🤔

Thorin 🤔

57 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

What's a more suitable thread for necroing as a thread about Haloween........... 🤔

Thorin 🤔

This thread isn't about Halo

This is the second Halloween thread revived haha BRING THEM ALL BACK!

shroom / zombiehands were the best part, well maybe not the best.. but one GREAT part of it...