Sign in to follow this  
Joelle

A Horse of a Different Color

Three years ago, Malena released a poll with several stunning new horse color options. As you all know, three of those options made it into the game.

The release of these new horse colors brought a fresh new interest in breeding, with players excited to obtain all 3 "special" horses and for awhile, it boosted the horse market.

While the "new" horse colors are still sought after, the market has slowed considerably. There were many options that weren't added, and I think that now might be the right time to consider adding some more!

WurmHorseColorsbyMalena.jpg

These horse colors could come in as special "new" horse colors, and they could also replace some of the "old" tired models. For example, gold buckskin could replace the current gold, or grey silver could replace the current grey.

For new, special horse colors, I do wonder if higher animal husbandry should be a requirement to make up for the known downsides of having high animal husbandry skill.

Other animals could also be given color variations, such as cows, dogs, cats, and chickens. This would give creatures that have little to no gameplay value a little bit of style and would give a reason to breed/keep these creatures.

Chime in with your opinions--do you want to see new animal color options in the game?

• Like 14

Yesss .. the black silver pony, pretty please!! and many others, actually replacing "old" colour with some more fancy ones would be a nice idea (just stay away from my white horses!! :angry:)

Love to see more color  of horses also more bull/cow type  , ox , longhorn and so on ...

+1     ?

+1 might as well, some of those options are very nice indeed, and since the older colors aren't really selling anymore you are right it might help boost the market again for awhile :)

My faves on the pic that we don't have at this point:

Champagne/Cream
White Buckskin
Chestnut
Skewbald Pinto
Grey Silver
Black Silver

Edited by Tilda

+1  My top five picks:

#1 Black Silver
#2 Gold Buckskin
#3 Blood Bay
#4 Blanket Appaloosa

#5 Dapple Grey

Edited by Thalius

+1, Dappled Grey please oh please, soft second blanket appaloosa mostly because both are noticeably different from the current offerings.  make them very rare to spawn.

• Like 1

yes please!

I need the white and gold buckskin

and the dapple grey

and the chestnut

and the blanket appaloosa

and the grey silver.....

• Like 2

+1

Don't change the old ones, just give more variety.   :)

JS

• Like 5

Keep the old and add some new :) Always +1 for more variety. 

I would also love to see different colours for dogs, and perhaps pigs.  I remember when black sheep came out, everyone was out looking for the elusive black sheep...then we found out their shorn wool is exactly as white as the others :P But it still is fun to find a variation of mobs.  The tints of colours to the aggro type mobs make it much more interesting already.  

• Like 3

I am for any change that adds cosmetic variety. Dying armor has already made a huge difference at gatherings. I no longer feel like we are living in the children of the corn with our matching metal uniforms.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I am all for more colors as long as I get my battle moose to ride!

I've still not lost hope on winter wooly mammoth, and dolphin chariots.   I'm down with the moose as long as it has a huge rack.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

Keep the old and add some new :) Always +1 for more variety. 

I would also love to see different colours for dogs, and perhaps pigs.  I remember when black sheep came out, everyone was out looking for the elusive black sheep...then we found out their shorn wool is exactly as white as the others :P But it still is fun to find a variation of mobs.  The tints of colours to the aggro type mobs make it much more interesting already.  

I don't know how much strain it puts on the server running and to render, when adding new colors to same models or use of shaders.   If it's not a huge strain or has negligible difference, as Fairyshine mentioned, having pigs like maybe black with white belt, not sure the breed but reminds me of the belted galloway cow.  though i wasn't  fan of the colored mobs way back when as it looked odd to me, I LOVE the tinted colors on traited mobs now.  Not only do they look amazing but it gives the perception of more there then is there by way of variation the same way one mixes and matches a limited wardrobe.

Edited by Bloodscythe

10 hours ago, Milkdrop said:

+1 :)

Always wanted a rainbow chicken.

c028a2ddbeecfbe225dbcc1f04c3c413--rainbo

and more piggies cochons-de-toutes-les-couleurs-pigs-of-a

pig_small_pl.jpg

Edited by Fairyshine
'Cause had to add mini pig...
  • Like 2