Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Improve the Battle Rank System!

This is actually one of the most disappointing systems in this game, rank shouldn't decay, if you get tons of confirmed kills you should be able to get these titles especially if you haven't died or lost a life as a champion. It's impossible unless you kill your alts to get these titles (you'll get banned probably also). I have a friend with tons of kills and his rank reset because of chaos being dead for a bit randomly, seems unfair. I assume this was easier back in the day but with the game being as small as it is now, I think a change is required, this is actually content that's impossible to obtain in modern Wurm.

4fe0487b50c29cb142d97359276bd670.png

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree.

This system was clearly not meant for the situation we have here today.

+1

Edited by Sn00

I think the titles should be removed except warrior, no one playing now will ever hit 1900 rank let alone 1100.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Holar said:

I think the titles should be removed except warrior, no one playing now will ever hit 1900 rank let alone 1100.

Its because the game is dead.

It's weird, because I tend to go from 1000 to 1030 and then down and up again depending on how much PvP there is.

But a few weeks ago when I watched the video I made , I noticed I got the Achievment for Warrior without actually going above 1100 in rank.

I had the title already but it was very weird. Anyone know why?

Edited by Sn00

+1 to improving the battle rank system.

2 hours ago, Sn00 said:

It's weird, because I tend to go from 1000 to 1030 and then down and up again depending on how much PvP there is.

But a few weeks ago when I watched the video I made , I noticed I got the Achievment for Warrior without actually going above 1100 in rank.

I had the title already but it was very weird. Anyone know why?

The Warrior achievment has nothing with the battlerank/title to do. You get one for ever 50 kills(Just killed a man achievment).

1 hour ago, boilingfort said:

The Warrior achievment has nothing with the battlerank/title to do. You get one for ever 50 kills(Just killed a man achievment).

Only one Warrior achievment that I know of. Do they really share a name?

Warrior You're getting a reputation for being a successful fighter. Gold Reach 1100 Battle Rank

❤️ PvP'ers all agreeing... i may print and frame this thread... 

Ok but seriously.... 

Leave the decaying score, not sure what the time frames are but i'll hypothetically call it the "lately" score, and basically add a column with non-decaying "lifetime" score, center the achievement around "lifetime".

Separating those scores would make the "lately" a useful score than can be reset to run contest and whatnot.

My 2 copper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

❤️ PvP'ers all agreeing... i may print and frame this thread... 

Ok but seriously.... 

Leave the decaying score, not sure what the time frames are but i'll hypothetically call it the "lately" score, and basically add a column with non-decaying "lifetime" score, center the achievement around "lifetime".

Separating those scores would make the "lately" a useful score than can be reset to run contest and whatnot.

My 2 copper.

That's a very good idea. You could tie the temporary / decaying score to monthly winners or something like that?
The other can be used for the titles.

2 hours ago, Sn00 said:

Only one Warrior achievment that I know of. Do they really share a name?

Warrior You're getting a reputation for being a successful fighter. Gold Reach 1100 Battle Rank

From what I've seen in the code and game the Warrior achievment has nothing to do with the Warrior title. So it seems like the wiki is wrong.

FrVAW14.png

[16:20:54] Rank=1035, Max Rank=1038

I also don't have the Warrior title even though I have the achievment.

1 hour ago, boilingfort said:

From what I've seen in the code and game the Warrior achievment has nothing to do with the Warrior title. So it seems like the wiki is wrong.

FrVAW14.png

[16:20:54] Rank=1035, Max Rank=1038

I also don't have the Warrior title even though I have the achievment.

Makes sense, I will investigate this a bit further and correct the wiki if it's at fault.