Sign in to follow this  
Martynas5

Few changes ( important and not so )

Change deed decay

Remove current deed decay prevention for structures

Use bulk goods (bricks/planks etc) to prevent decay.

Amount of bulk goods required to prevent decay depends on structures.

For example :

Have 1 house 2x5 made out of stone bricks , you need 30 bricks monthly to prevent it's decay. ( amount shouldn't be insane)

+ It would add more demand for bulk goods

- More chores for those don't want to buy bulk goods

Templar/guard changes

Add option of supplies:

Food supplies - makes respawn faster, maybe increase amount of tower guards.

Armor supplies - depending on QL increases defense

Weapon suppiles - depending on QL increases offense

Those things are temporary.

More extreme version :

Need three types of supplies to spawn them

Food supplies - how long templars/guards are active. more food - longer.

Armor and weapon supplies determines how strong they are.

For off deed guard towers players could do supplies for a coin ( up to month's worth of supplies).

Amount of coin one gets is determined by guard usage, more busy roads with guard towers will pay more for supplies than some in obscure places.

This will create option for crafters to get some coin besides existing foraging and similar coin yielding stuff

Item changes 

Add item age

Increases chance of item break, increases improving,casting difficulty.

Add broken state ( similar to unfinished ).

Every item has chance to break by usage or casting ( replaces shattering) and become unusable.

Once item breaks it is not gone, crafter can fix it :

item quality i set to 1, crafter has to improve item's quality back to which it was the moment it broke.

However improving difficulty is increased for broken items.

Rare or better items must have rare or better equivalent material added before crafter can improve it only if obtaining that rare or better material is possible.

As alternative to improving broken item - spell can be casted, but quality will stay as 1. This way is easier becouse improving difficulty is not increased ( becouse item is not broken).

Farming and tree related changes

Add tree,bush,flower,crop regions.

Buffs if in their region:

increased quality

increased yield

faster spread(trees, bushes, flowers)

Debuffs if not in their region:

decreased quality

decreased yield

slower spread

Buff and debuff strength depends on range from region, eventually making not worth growing/farming and relying more on trade.

Vanity items

Add vanity items which can be added into armor/weapon thus replacing existing model with new one.

Vanity items will be different variations of armor, for example ornamental plate armor. Or for swords - jeweled handle and similar.

Players will be able to craft them (or buy from wurm online shop ) but will need crafting skill of that armor. If possible combined skill with jewelrysmithing ( jeweled weapon handles and such )

Items will be created unfinished, once improved to desired quality they can be finished. Once finished item can not be improved and decay while equipped.

Vanity item must be put inside said armor or weapon.

Lastly add templated vanity items for kingdoms, maybe alliances.

• Like 1

I'm gonna do a -1 on everyhing except the vanity items, that's a fantastic idea according to me besides "Items will be created unfinished, once improved to desired quality they can be finished. Once finished item can not be improved and decay while equipped." that makes no sense.

*checks* - is this for WU?

*checks again* - is this a request for WU script?

*baffled*

That's a brilliant way to kill Wurm Online alright.

Having thousands of walls makes stonecutting a full time job. Back to micro deeds, no money sink for CC.

Paying 4s every 28 or 30 days to maintain Templars is not enough. why bother?

Having a chance to lose(effectively) the items I paid 1g for each would be cool... NOT

Zones limiting the things I might or might not care about - how cool is that?

Vanity items - finally reached the serious part of the post.

+1 for the vanity items so.

Your first suggestion is pretty bad for priests; we'd be forced to buy or use a free alt.  You'd also see large deeds vanishing, and only small homesteads existing, lending an already empty game an evening more abandoned feeling.

Your second change would be harmless on PvE, and I can see it making templars more attractive.

The third change..  This is horrible for priests and would sink the item market into the ground (who is going to pay for a temporary item?).

The fourth suggestion is an interesting one, especially if elevation became a factor.  However, this would also hit players hard in the region where cotton QL is low, and anything like this would need to be WELL thought out.

The last notion is a little poorly thought out; again, who is going to buy a temporary item?  Adding a finite life to items drastically devalues them, especially since item QL has an impact on item function; in essence you'd be buying something ornamental to show off, but you'd never get much actual use out of it before QL reduction rendered it useless.

Well i guess in wurm it's just get item and it is forever, not a i like it but it is how it is. If you have item forever what's the point in all those market whine topics?

Etherdrifter third suggestion doesnt mean item is gone, though it might get broken too easily if age debuff is not capped.

Well any bigger change will hit someone so market is kinda sinking in this stagnant swamp.

Locath i would really like wu mod to replace silver upkeep with material upkeep and replace templar cost with armor/weapons/food.

Personally, I feel there's already enough (too much?) chores.  I don't see any of this adding any fun to the game. 

And as for the market, I don't really care for anything that decreases fun for the average player simply to increase the market for those who "play" the market.  And besides, the "market whine topics" will never end no matter what. Even if they turned Wurm Online into Wurm Bank Online or Wurm Investment Opportunities Online.  People who make money off the game will never be content and will always want more.  lol

• Like 4

we pay upkeep. my deed costing my 7s a month  that would = 3500 bricks if bought at 2s/1000 . if you mean using bricks and having 0s upkeep to deeds. still no that would force the game into a 2nd job/ chores,  vs fun

leave the system as it,  WU make your own server and edit like that if you want,  could be fun, for those who have a ton of time to play.   for the rest of us, i prefer to prepay a year upkeep and log in when i feel like it not cus i have to to repair everything .

Amadee found the words to voice what I was trying to say for a long time. I'm one of the players, I don't sell anything. Since Exodus exists I have sold one pickaxe to an ally and traded my sleep powders, mostly for clay, also to an ally. Market is something that is an option. You can make all of those items but you choose to buy them, that's the best part of Wurm. I buy resources in hundreds of thousands but it's my choice and I like the fact that prices are going down. After all, if the same money can get me one more brick or one more garlic, I'm delighted. There is no need to punish people who pump real life money in to the circulation to satisfy those who want to make coin on moving it back and forth. Economy is fine. It's people who are trying to ride it that imagine the problem.

• Like 1

Hi.

#1 I actually like it, and think its a great way to force people to buy raw mats.

#2 is one of the worst suggestions I have seen in a long time to be honest, and does not seem to factor into consideration pvp at all, also at that point a guard seems like a pointless purchase.

#3 I like if the goal is to actually kill the game officially. 

#4 I actually like this too, regional crops and trees would have people trading materials with one another similar to how life is fuedal had region items for make the highest tier of that item. Sort of anti-sandbox though.

#5 Could not care any less about the last one.

Edited by FranktheTank

I'd actually go the other way and remove nearly all decay on deed (except food). That way I could actually store armor in armor stands, for instance, without worrying about the decay ticks it's going to take.

-1  except the vanity items, but only if you entirely remove "Items will be created unfinished, once improved to desired quality they can be finished. Once finished item can not be improved and decay while equipped."   Normal decay would be fine, but they need to be impable.

Edited by Batta

The Problem with #1 is that my cost for decay prevention just went up....  to deed upkeep + bulk materials.  Personally, I'd be ok with either/or, but not with both at the same time.  I could see having some kind of option where you turn it on and instead of taking silver for upkeep, it will first drain the designated Bulk Deed Upkeep Materials crates that are set up somewhere on deed, and tied to my deed or another deed I have permissions to, then it will drain the silver I've put in the deed coffers.

More options, good....  more expense?  nope.

JS