Sign in to follow this  
Skarra

[Duplicate] Pregnant horses behaving weird

I'm rebuilding my horse fleet at the moment, but two of them are acting a bit weird.

I got five females, and i breed them and they gave birth just fine all of them, gave them a couple of days of rest and then breed them again.

The first female started from "will deliver in 10 days", went down to "will deliver in 6 days" back to 7, then down to 1 and now she's at 2 days to deliver.

The second though is a yoyo, she started on 8 days, went down to 6, then back to 9, down to 6, then 7, then 4 to 5, and now 1 to 3

None of these horses has left my deed in any shape or form, i don't even ride on pregnant horses. So they haven't been in any animal crates or crossed any borders. They are standing on enchanted grass and are well taken care of.

I just don't know what i should do about it, cause it seems like this can't be intended behavior, and sure one server restart can mess with the timer i get that but it doesn't explain the second horse just rolling back so much.

First female gave birth, the second is still yo-yo'ing up and down :/

Whats the server/deed/horse name with the issue still please if you don't mind.

Hey there, She is on Independence, in the settlement Totebo and her name is Lilygolden and she has been on 1 day since tuesday

*edit*

And i found this in the logs:

[2018-10-19] [16:38:36] The venerable fat Lilygolden will probably give birth in a while!
[2018-10-19] [16:38:46] You smile at the venerable fat Lilygolden.
[2018-10-19] [16:38:47] Horses like this one have many uses.
[2018-10-19] [16:38:47] It has been branded by and belongs to the settlement of Totebo.
[2018-10-19] [16:38:47] It is being taken care of by Skarra.
[2018-10-19] [16:38:47] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[2018-10-19] [16:38:47] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[2018-10-19] [16:38:47] Its colour is brown.
[2018-10-19] [16:38:47] She will deliver in about 8 days.

That would give a delivery date the 27th or 28th

Edited by Skarra
added log

She finally gave birth yesterday evening between 2100-2130, i was grooming at around 2045-2100 and no foal, but when i got back on deed at 2130 it had her foal in the pen. Though that doesn't explain the delay nor the going up and down in days in the deliver message, i will keep a closer eye and document the next batch more, hopefully it was just a weird thing that happened with those 2 horses and nothing else.

Lilygolden was the one that was most weird last time and now she's behaving as she should, so far. Ebenhop was the second horse that jumped a bit, but sorted herself out, but this run she seems a bit stuck.

2018-11-05
Bellerun [16:33:56] She will deliver in about 9 days.
Ebenhop [16:35:49] She will deliver in about 9 days.
Westwalking [16:36:27] She will deliver in about 6 days.
Tichdream [16:37:09] She will deliver in about 6 days.
Lilygolden [16:37:37] She will deliver in about 5 days.

2018-11-07
Bellerun [16:36:06] She will deliver in about 7 days.
Ebenhop [16:36:31] She will deliver in about 7 days.
Westwalking [16:36:50] She will deliver in about 5 days.
Tichdream [16:37:29] She will deliver in about 5 days.
Lilygolden [16:37:49] She will deliver in about 4 days.

2018-11-11
Bellerun [00:12:02] She will deliver in about 4 days.
Ebenhop [00:14:17] She will deliver in about 7 days.
Westwalking [00:12:58] She will deliver in about 2 days.
Tichdream [00:12:22] She will deliver in about 2 days.
Lilygolden [00:13:59] She will deliver in about 1 day.

Reminds me of this:

October 8: The Venerable fat Silverpie and the Aged fat Cactusraid get intimate. The Venerable fat Silverpie will probably give birth in a while!  

October 8: She will deliver in about 7.

October 12:  She will deliver in about 6.

October 14: She will deliver in about 6.

October 16: She will deliver in about 6.

October 18: She will deliver in about 5.

October 20: She will deliver in about 5.

October 22: She will deliver in about 4.

October 24:  She will deliver in about 3.

October 26: She will deliver in about 2.

October 28: She will deliver in about 1.

November 2: She will deliver in about 1.

November 5:  Venerable fat Silverpie gives birth to Young Walkingnanook!

Also on Independence, but back in 2015.  If I recall, once I started monitoring her that specific mare had a tendency to usually take roughly 28 days to deliver all of her foals. I know GMs tried to look into my Silverpie's issues (it started happening with ALL of her pregnancies, but not happening to my other mares) so there might be some documentation, or maybe not.  Sounds like you also are getting the issue with  specific mares. I had a theory at the time that maybe she had some sort of time counter that worked different from the other mares, like from Cared For or Spark in the Eye or something, but I can;t recall now whether anything came of that. She was venerable so there was  a  decent chance she also was Cared, but I think at the time none of us knew exactly what Spark did.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Yeah i have this on 2 out of 5 mares it seems, they do not have "sparkle in the eyes" trait, but all of them are cared for and venerable (and a couple of RL years old). So i don't know if cared for and age there has an effect on some mares, though all 5 are the same age counted in real life years and born within a week of each other. So it's a bit weird it happens to 2 of the 5. Interesting info you provided though, i've read through it to try and understand. But with no info from the team it will be hard.

5 hours ago, Skarra said:

all of them are cared for and venerable (and a couple of RL years old)  ... and born within a week of each other 

That's kind of interesting. If they are "a few years old" I wonder if the two glitched ones could have been born within a day or two of mine. Maybe there was some sort of weird bug introduced, caught a few days later, patched, and now only involves mares with a certain birthday (give or take a day)  do you happen to have notes/docs of when their exact birthdates are, and if the "okay" horses are from outside those dates? I have no idea now when Silverpie was born, just 2015  "or maybe much earlier".  

Sometime in 2011-2012-??, Rolf was tinkering a lot with Horse breeding code... also was an issue at one time with foals being born with the trait "corrupted" but Fo priests could Bless those and "cure" them of that trait (I assume you also are a high level Fo priest and used to simply Genesising away annoying traits) -- which was patched shortly after that.

Would be fascinating if a common "birthpatch" was what these all had in common.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Yeah they are indeed from fall/winter 2015 from what i can remember as they are all part of the herd i brought up then. Sadly i can not find my logs and documents i had on the horses like excel sheets and everything due to a hdd failure a year ago where i lost everything, logs, screenshots and stuff :( So i can not give an exact date. What i can give is that all 5 mares is born about 1 week apart from youngest to oldest (well now they are venerable but at the time) and they were paired with 5 males also born at the same time, of which 3 are dead as i couldn't care for all of them.

And i do remember that corrupted trait sneaking in and got 1 foal that had it, luckily one of the persons in the alliance at the time was a high skilled FO so he could help me out by removing that trait. As i was vynora at the time, and still are in heart at least :).

But yeah wonder if it's something weird in 2015/2016 that messes up the horses then, it's something hidden on them anyways.

And off topic grats on 6000 posts :) i have some catching up to do hehe

On 10/31/2018 at 7:11 PM, Darklords said:

Whats the server/deed/horse name with the issue still please if you don't mind.

Did you check in to the horses? Anything come out of it, cause they are still behaving odd. You can find me in game as either Skarra or Jackoneill.

Hi! I was told to post here as i seem to have the same oddity going on. Last night i coupled 2 hellhorses. I only have these 2 that can be bread.

Server: Deliverance. Deed location e14 Valenwood (if needed for investigation)

Copy/paste from logs:

17th of february (yesterday)

[23:17:54] You start leading the venerable fat Goldheart.
[23:18:08] The venerable fat Goldheart and the venerable hell horse get intimate.
[23:18:41] The venerable hell horse will probably give birth in a while!
[23:18:43] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.
[23:18:43] She is very strong and well nourished.
[23:18:43] Its colour is nightshade.
[23:18:43] She will deliver in about 5 days.

18th of february (today)

[19:20:14] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.
[19:20:14] She is very strong and well nourished.
[19:20:14] Its colour is nightshade.
[19:20:14] She will deliver in about 2 days.

*Note - The female hellhorse was brought in from steppe last night. Its a new wild one, so it is most definitely not from 2015 or 2016. Not sure about the male as it was a gift.

Edited by Karidwen
adding note after reading a few other posts.

Logging started 2019-02-10

[16:10:50] The venerable fat Warsouth will probably give birth in a while!
[16:11:02] You stop leading the venerable fat Warsouth.

[16:11:55] Horses like this one have many uses.
[16:11:55] It is being taken care of by Muse.
[16:11:55] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[16:11:55] This creature could use some grooming.
[16:11:55] Its colour is brown.
[16:11:55] She will deliver in about 7 days.
[16:11:55] Her father is the venerable fat Rockibn. 
[16:11:58] You start leading the venerable fat Warsouth.

Saturday 16th:

[23:45:00] She will deliver in about 0 days.

Sunday 17th:

[02:46:33] She will deliver in about 0 days.

[23:18:30] She will deliver in about 0 days.

Monday 18th:

[03:02:16] She will deliver in about 0 days.

[18:37:27] She will deliver in about 0 days.

[23:50:27] She will deliver in about 0 days.

Tuesday 19th:

[02:01:59] She will deliver in about 0 days.

[13:25:49] She will deliver in about 0 days.

[15:38:04] She will deliver in about 0 days.

[18:42:25] She will deliver in about 0 days.

Today 20th

[16:25:26] A foal skips around here merrily.

Foal has arrived safely! :) 

Edited by Muse