Pretty good looking stuff! I'm seeing a higher degree of wurm quality evolving before me!

oooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooohhh?!    HEDGES! HEDGES! HEDGES!

Thank you @Saroman!  So long I have waited!

The water also looks very nice - Thank you too

@Samool

• Like 2

This is so wonderful.  I live on the water in RL.  I miss waves in Wurm so much, but not any longer!

Question:  Will the wave action get bigger and smaller, depending on the wind?  Will wind direction have any impact on the wave look?  As someone that sails regularly in RL, reading wave patterns is how I know which way to tack and position myself, prior to a big wind gust.  Speaking of wind gusts, how cool would it be to add in bursts of high winds, especially when a lightning storm is near?  If anyone wants a detailed rundown of storms, wind and water interactions, PM me and I'll tell you everything I can.

This is amazing!

• Like 1

Amazing, loving all the graphic rework that's being done for the game, hope it only gets even better :)

8 hours ago, Muse said:

That boat should rock with the waves.

8 hours ago, Samool said:

It will!

I am sort of dreading this water movement and rocking of boats as with certain types of camera movement in Wurm videos I quickly get the queasy motion sickness feeling. I can actually get a headache and sickness if I don't stop viewing then. Same thing happens with some YouTube vids where the people making them are rapidly moving their cameras back and forth. Fortunately I don't do any boating in Wurm and I guess when passing water areas I can glance in another direction...

=Ayes=

The water looks really nice, but is it applied to all water? Will look pretty goofy on small lakes and ponds ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kabill said:

The water looks really nice, but is it applied to all water? Will look pretty goofy on small lakes and ponds ?

Hopefully they do a calculation to determine how big the water surface is?  We are probably asking for way too much on this first go as waves, but man this is exciting

That water.. WOW. Going to be even more fun while sailing.

I like seeing all these visual enhancements to the game now that the new renderer is in full swing. I was away from the game from spring->fall due to motorcycle season but being back now and enjoying all these new changes is fun. Keep up the excellent work! Personally, I don't mind the look of the UI staying the same as more functionality and visual enhancements/upgrades take priority. As the core of the game gets better and better, later on fixing the UI's look and feel should be an easier task. I never quite understand why some people leave the game or sell their main toons but they are missing out now in my opinion. I know one thing for certain. This is the only game that will have me coming back again and again for years to come. In fact, it's the only game I really play religiously nowadays. The rest are just throwaways.

Edited by Neville
  • Like 1

This new water animation looks awesome.

New hedges look good too, but unfortunate that camellia hedges will no longer match cedar hedges in appearance only half height.

Has any thought been put into making it possible to harvest hedges when in season?

Amazing work at the water, its like the game is taking a first step into modern visuals of games.

(Not that I play wurm for the graphics, but its always a welcoming sight)

18 hours ago, Kabill said:

It looks like an animated normal map applied to the water plane, so it's probably all or nothing at first.

I would love to see separate water objects, true rivers, separate water behavior (along with separate wind) in caves, etc.  But this is an awesome first step!

Good thing my deed is coastal.

2000th post god bless

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 2

I wish wurm year 2009 back, no many bugs and lag and more player - have fun ?

More new things are good - more playable are better!

Is this planned to be exclusive to WO, or will we see it in WU eventually?  I'm just beginning building a huge area filled with hedges, and I'll switch to roses if they're going to become pretty. @Retrograde

Edited by Batta

On 10/24/2018 at 8:44 PM, Ayes said:

I am sort of dreading this water movement and rocking of boats as with certain types of camera movement in Wurm videos I quickly get the queasy motion sickness feeling. I can actually get a headache and sickness if I don't stop viewing then. Same thing happens with some YouTube vids where the people making them are rapidly moving their cameras back and forth. Fortunately I don't do any boating in Wurm and I guess when passing water areas I can glance in another direction...

=Ayes=

Or if they could have the option to toggle it on and off for those who chose not to see it then it's a win win for everyone :)

• Like 2

I enjoy seeing the new things coming with each Valrei International, and this one is especially exciting to see. Great job you guys, looking forward to whatever you come up with next.

Great updates.  Fantastic wave effect and I love the roses in the rose hedge and flowers in the camellia hedge.  Nice to see they are keeping up with the flowering fruit trees

On 10/24/2018 at 7:44 PM, Ayes said:

=Ayes=

I am sure there will be some way to turn off the movement.  

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 5:12 PM, BrandonSF said:

White dye on wood fix, pls.

Could make it more of a Paint??