AyyYTAD.png

Greetings wurmians!

We’re back with another Volcano Press, I mean, Valrei International! taking a break from zapping each other with spells and watching water, we’ve got a bit to share of what we’ve been working on! 

Waves of excitement
Samool has been hard at work improving something you might see every day in wurm, and it looks amazing! 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G2V1CZrdLbEgJyh7EekKZQsl6LdBZtMr/view?usp=sharing

Coming soon to a client near you, water physics and effects will be far more spectacular, with an overhaul of the water rendering system with amazing waves and ripples. The best part of this? It’s even better performance than the existing water! That’s right, it looks a million times better and has less impact on your game! We got to give Emoo a sneak peek at this effect, catch what he said below:

Priest work 
Testing is ongoing with the priest overhaul system and I’d like to personally thank everyone who has jumped on and given their feedback! There’s a ton of good and useful feedback there and we’ll be using it to perform various tweaks and adjustments. Bloodthirst will be adjusted based on player feedback so keep an eye out for that! 

Hedge your bets! 
Anyone felt hedges have been a little too basic? Well you don’t need to head into the woods to see your foliage varied anymore! Saroman has coloured his thumbs green and is updating hedge models with individual textures, below is rosewood and camellia! 

Other wood types are on the way, so keep an eye out!

Rose:

XzHGi85.jpg

Camellia:

hS5yAkl.jpg

Community Content
This weeks community content is an artwork by Ehizelbob of a lava spider! Just in time for halloween there’s a definite creepy vibe to this walking lamp! You can check out all her at here at https://www.facebook.com/ehizellbobart/

xvESDdE.jpg

That's it for us this fortnight, we hope you all have a safe and spoopy halloween and we will see you all next fortnight! Until then, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 32

That boat should rock with the waves.

(j/k) 

Nice work Samool. :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Muse said:

It will!

• Like 20

Great work Samool !!! Those look amazing, I think we are very blessed to have you as a client developer :)

• Like 2

The water looks great, also its time to farm some rose sprouts!

Samool and Saroman carry Wurm as always

Bit weird that bloodthirst gets changed on epic and is useless on weapons and left that way with feedback, but the same change will be adjusted for freedom before its even live on freedom.  Will whatever changes for the freedom version change epics version as well?

• Like 1

water is beautiful, and we have been asking for the hedge updates for ages so thanks to our awesome devs once again!

(just noticed the camellia hedges are small on the pic, hopefully they won't be losing the medium tall no pass status, I have animal pens made from them lol)

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 1

jaw meet floor.... that water is nice, never expected that in wurm tbh... and then you go one step further and make hedges pretty too... ?

Wow, that water looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in game!

And the hedges! I better start picking sprouts in between all the archaeology :P 

wow!  Thanks for including the google drive video.  That water looks amazing!

Looking forward to seeing the new hedges on deed as well.

Good work folks.

First the new water, which looks awesome. Then introducing me to another talented artist it seems after checking out the FB page. 'tis a good day today :)

*edit* yeah the hedges, this day became even better

Edited by Skarra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Muse said:

(j/k) 

Nice work Samool. :) 

2 hours ago, Samool said:

It will!

Great! Water reflections should be visible on the boats! :)
I thought I see it, but it is just a rare boat. :P

Water! Hedges! ❤️

Will we be able to pick the growth height, or are we still limited to camellia for medium height hedges?

• Like 1

Wow, the new water looks really good! Great job, I can't wait to see it in game.

Nice work Samool, devs and art team, it's nice to see the evolution of Wurm basically. 

I really like the new hedges.  Looking forward to see what else Saroman comes up with.