Sign in to follow this  
Nocturnes

Maul vs Axe "Another weapon discussion x)" pls share your info

I need help valuating axes in pvp! :) please share your knowledge from experiance!

For a long time now mauls have been the meta in pvp due to their bonus against plate, sometime ago sickles were also a very common sight before the nerf. 

Longswords/shortswords get their love when its about going defensive as the shortsword/large metal shield combo is really hard to penetrate.

But what about Axes, Huge axe is still something that can be seen in pvp but when it comes to single hand weapons I rarely see axes ever used anymore.

Is the maul meta just way to good to give any room for another single weapon or is there still a pros using an axe over a medium maul in a pvp fight?

In this picture you can see the raw numbers of the two weps and how they differ, maul being blue and axe in purple to make it easier to compare.

GKZxNFb.png

Medium Maul Bonuses:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

• Mauling damage is good vs armor units. (Anyone knows the extra dmg they get?)
  • Great at demolition as they are akin to what we know in real-life as a sledge hammer.
  • Damage Type: Mauling

Large Axe Bonuses:

• Cutting damage is good vs leather? (is this still a thing, cant find anything about it?)
  • Very effective in bashing down wooden house walls, wooden fence types, wooden mine doors, and any wood furniture.
  • Damage Type: Cutting

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Nocturnes

the way i found it to work, for me at least, is 'always bring a weapon for all types of armor with you'. So for example you find an enemy in plate, you use your small maul, if he's in drake and u want to hit the legs use a largeaxe/sickle. If used on the right armor type i think the dps would be around the same

44 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

the way i found it to work, for me at least, is 'always bring a weapon for all types of armor with you'. So for example you find an enemy in plate, you use your small maul, if he's in drake and u want to hit the legs use a largeaxe/sickle. If used on the right armor type i think the dps would be around the same

So Axe is still the best for drake then?

a friend linked me this one, shows the meta and the diffrent dmg types at the bottom for every armour/ql

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15LXwuTEXdoBbd5agghwDslb-a5xOpA2u1lYshYMxW8A/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1162449413

3 hours ago, Rumi said:

Didn't know there's a whip in this game.

Dont get any naughty ideas now.

• Like 1

The Whip is a damage type used by animals mostly "as far as I know", Crocodiles, dragons and deathcrawlers etc (when their tail hits you, it does whip dmg).

Its all nice to chat with you all but it would be helpful if anyone could bring some more info/arguments about the two weapon types :P

To help me decide if going axe is viable in pvp (I know you can go all weps, if one had the time to train them all). 

Im not very found of Mauls myself and prefer raw dmg, but I wouldnt like my weapon choice to bring me down (in this case axes). Is the diffrence against plate noticable enough to change the outcome of the battle drastically?

Edited by Nocturnes

silver sickle with essende drain is the best one hand weapon...