Sign in to follow this  
Benie

To move into Xanadu -- Comments and Concerns

Greetings, Xanaduians. Seeing more deeds pop up than disband while I was briefly there for a few days, began to make myself ponder if it's a good idea to move here (from Cele).
One of the reasons, being of how massive the server is. How on some roads, the only structures around is the occasional guard tower (or maybe not even that). The feeling that it takes 3 or so hours to get from one end of the server to the other, I really enjoy. And this, is pretty much the main reason why I'm greatly considering of moving.
Being an explorer, I enjoy long trips.

I also notice how nice the community is. And I hope, that I could possibly ask (of my below set requirements) if there are any potential candidates of this matter. I'm not asking for people to be looking around for one person, just... any spots you folks may had come across in your travels.
Here's my set requirements;
1. Flat area (modest sized) that's next to the ocean (with a deep bottom infront of it). I'll also settle with a deep lake (with an all boats accessible canal).
2. Mine nearby.
3. Resource deposits nearby (tar/clay mainly).
4. Catseye highway access nearby.
5(most important). No neighboring active deeds. The reason being, is I just prefer to work alone.
-Optional: A guard tower nearby.
As I said above, if you folks know of anything that closely matches these requirements, please let me know (to get a general idea of where to look).

There's also other factors that are keeping me from considering of moving. With how massive the server is, I feel there's got to be unique issues I must be made aware of; any hidden dangers of living in Xan (other than the mobs (some being champ), and of course the lag).
Such as;
1. Extremely long downtimes.
2. Server Shutdowns that might revert previous hard work.
And anything else of the sort, that I should be aware of.

That should be it. To the ones that got this far, thank you for reading. Hopefully, I'll see you all in Xan one day (as a resident).

Edited by Benie

You will find coastal area that need some touch up.

Highway access usally has neighbors but sometimes you can get lucky and leach into one easy.

If you plan on exploring, just make a min sized deed with a alt, then go explore with your boat or wagon. I am doing something like that myself on xan but mainly gathering / planting trees. Try the mid west or south, I noticed you can find a ok spot with a good 20 min sail from border.

I did hear of a couple gaining resources to sail the whole way around xan with a few stops on there way.

The lag you begin to get use to, theres a really nice guy on xan that's sometimes informes everyone when lag will hit along with what's in season. You will waste sleep bonus due to laggy finishing and whatnot.

Best of luck to you and hope the winds are in your favor.

There are two spots that come to mind you may like at G-18; except they're close to one of my deeds. The deed itself isn't really active atm and if someone prefers his / her privacy, I will respect that.

One spot is having all of your wishes, terraformed coast, clay nearby, a tartile nearby, sand near my deed; but free to dig up if needed, a guard tower and a mine with several resources. As well as a harbour with water deep enough for doing diving expeditions. ? 

The other spot is not far from there, a bit further away from my deed, but on an island. If not mistaken it does have clay, but sand and tar are a bit sailing away. The deed at the island dropped not long ago, so there are still some buildings over there, however I do know the previous owner and it could be possible to get the building permissions transferred if he got the time for it. Because of the location the place doesn't have a mine, tar and sand, but those resources are a few minutes sailing away.

Both spots are in the same lake, having access to the northern border through a tunnel and to the southern and eastern parts through other tunnels as well. The island used to have highway access until the bridges connecting it dropped; but those can be rebuild if needed. The other spot does have highway access to Whitefay.

There are a few other spots at the oposite bank of that lake I haven't been investigating much, so I'm not certain what's there. But some have been deeded before, so several of the resources you look for may be there. 

As for "dangers"; Xanadu does have its regular lagspikes. And somehow  they seem  to affect some players more as others.

Northern Xanadu also has quite some wildlife, although that got less the moment someone deeds an area. However,  that also provides you with great hunting opportunities. ?  Yet, if you rather avoid that, it may be a good idea to move to the southern part of the server.

Thorin :) 

1. Extremely long downtimes.
2. Server Shutdowns that might revert previous hard work.

Honestly, these aren't huge issues. Server restarts do take a bit longer, but that's at most a minor annoyance, and I can't think of the last time that a server shutdown reverted anything in the database.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your suggestions, feedback, and help to curb some of my concerns.
That should do it.

The area of I13 may look settled on the community map, but it's all ruins there. At the same time, the highways are catseyed and reinforced with towers. The southwestern ruin (lightly paved area between the mountain and the large clay patch) has its own guard tower and is an earshot from the highway, so it's a little bit reclusive without being out of the world. However, it's not perfectly flat. One of these ruins may suit your tastes though.

Hidden Acres in N11 is actually disbanded, and so is Paradiso (Don't know about the Crater), the lake has two all-boat-canals according to the map. The road between Hidden Acres and Paradiso was catseyed if I recall correctly, but it's a little branch of the highway so you won't have Linton travellers passing through all the time(While still being relatively close to it.)

I read a little through my report collection to try and remember some more places, but those are the two best fits I can think of right now and I don't want to send you off to a wild goose chase. Having "alone space", catseyes and resources at a coast out of the box doesn't come in many places I've seen. Which is still not the majority by far surely, but these might be some places where you find enough things to your liking.

If you are still looking, I can show you a couple places. I live in Xan Q25, Modreth, a bit north east of Esteron. You can come to my deed and from there I can bring you to these places :)

How about your own mountain? T25/S25 is one and the other is Q25. As of today at 1702 those are open areas