Sign in to follow this  
Farmboy102

Taxidermy

Taxidermy is the preserving of an animal's body via mounting (over an armature) or stuffing, for the purpose of display or study. 

This could be cool, there are so many nice mob models in wurm that would look cool if they could be mounted on walls or turned into stuffed statues. Just imagine a goblin standing in every house on Xanadu.

Could even use the same model of the statues just with the skins of the actual mob.

• Like 5

PLEASE YES, add this!!!

A trophy room would be an awesome thing to be able to build.  Might be tricky mounting champion sized critters, but the ability to at least mount the head or some such part of the critter for remembrance’s sake would a very nice addition.

Could not +1 this suggestion enough.

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 2

Yes please, it would keep down the smells coming from Farmboy102 collection.

2 minutes ago, Halon said:

Yes please, it would keep down the smells coming from Farmboy102 collection.

?

I want to expand on this original thread a bit. Taxidermy has been suggested many times and I still believe it would be a very fun expansion to the game.

Now that we have archaeology this idea can be expanded even further and lets face it we all do archaeology on old disbanded deeds because there is no reason to do archaeology in the wild or on deed, there's no cache at the end and no reward. So the mechanics could even be split up that if you search on a decayed deed you get the current archaeology fragments that are already in the game as well as the added "Taxidermy" fragments but doing archaeology on deed or in the wild (Where no disbanded deed is present) you have an increased chance to find "Taxidermy" fragment. 

Below are my thoughts.

1. Animal skulls via archaeology - A new type of fragment called creature fragment, once identified it can be one of the below.

• Canine Skull - Can be used to make Wolf / Dog / Hell hound / Rift Beast trophies - Requires 15 Fragments
  • Feline Skull - Can be used to make Mountain Lion / Wild Cat trophies - Requires 12 Fragments
  • Troll Skull - Can be used to make Troll Trophy - Requires 40 Fragments
  • Goblin Skull - Can be used to make Goblin Trophy - Can be butchered from goblins already / requires 15 Fragments
  • Deer Skull - Can be used to make Deer Trophy - Requires 18 Fragments
  • Bear Skull - can be used to make Black bear or Brown bear trophies. - Requires 30 Fragments
  • Horse Skull - Can be used for Horse / Hellhorse / Mule / Unicorn Trophies.
  • Dragon Skull - Can be used to make Dragon Trophy - Can be butchered from Dragons and Hatchlings 

2. Trophy stands can be introduced as a new craftable item. This can be done via the stonecutting skill and maybe have 2 different texture styles one from Stone shards and one from Marble shards.

• Large Trophy Stand (Requires 80KG Stone Shards) (3x2 Tiles) - Can be used for Troll , Spider, Scorpion, Hell Scorpious & Crocodile trophies
  • Medium Trophy Stand - (Requires 40KG Stone Shards) (2x2 Tiles) - Can be used for Bear, Deer, Bull, Hell Horse, Unicorn, Mule, Rift Beast, Anaconda & Wolf trophies
  • Small Trophy Stand - (Requires 20KG stone shards)  (1x1 Tile) - Can be used for Wild cat, mountain lion, dog, Crab, Pheasant, Hell Hound & Seal trophies

You get the idea, other crafting ingredients for these trophies can be anything else for example to make a trophy for a wild cat or mountain lion you could require the following:

1. 1x Feline Skull
  2. 2x Eyes
  3. 1x Wild cat pelt / Mountain Lion Pelt
  4. 2x Branch
  5. 1x Shaft
  6. 4x Small nails
  7. 1x tail
  8. 1x Brass lump (For the nameplate) (optional)
  9. 3x Thatch
  10. 1x Small Trophy Stand

End result could be something like this

Spoiler

uKVjPaC.png

CYZGS8L.png

e98kFxj.png

vSoMRhp.png

Now I know wall mounting is not a thing in wurm so please do not focus on that at this point, these images are just ideas of what the end result could look like, I would suggest look at the one with the mountain lion on the pedestal. So instead of the branch being wall mounted it can be a branch coming out of a pedestal.

I also DO NOT want this thread to become a place to bicker about unique slayings and so on so please don't do that here, I know dragons and hatchlings is a sensitive topic in public and this idea will be loved by some and hated by some but here is the way I would go about making a Dragon Trophy

1. 1x Dragon Skull
  2. 1x Corpse of any dragon/hatchling 
  3. 1x Large Trophy Stand
  4. 3x Rockshard
  5. 5x Mortar
  6. 2x Eyes
  7. 4x Large Nails
  8. 1x Brass Lump

I do realize this will be a lot of work, but with Archaeology already in the game, and the exploration update coming out, and their future plans for exploration update Pt. 2 I think this would also make a lovely addition and bonus feature that could potentially pair well with the exploration update, I'm not saying it needs to be included in that because that would definitely delay the process a lot, but it would fit in the game with everything that is already happening and that has already happened with wurm with previous updates.

There is so much fun that could be had with this. Please share your thoughts as to what you think.

• Like 3

Always a +1 for this and sooo many players have been asking for it over the years.

+1 i have had several nice kills i would of liked to mount and display

on another note it would also help to preserve the corpse of a beloved pet animal like a dog or wildcat etc

Edited by kordethbludscythe
added another point

I think this is another good idea, I would love to see a taxidermy skill line and able to do different things as you level up, maybe the harder mobs at top end of the skill.

On Sklotopilis server in Wurm Unlimited you can use bees wax to preserve mobs and they do not decay or decay at a much slower rate. This shouldn't be hard to implement also if they wanted to. I have several deathcrawler minions preserved on that server it is a great feature.

I was just asking about this the other day. I would love to be able to display creatures as decoration. Whether it introduces a new skill and titles, or uses existing skills maybe like Natural Substances or Alchemy for preserving the corpse, Leatherworking for treating the skin/fur, or even some Tailoring or dare I say even Toys for stuffing them full of wool. (Is that a stretch? :P) I'm surprised it doesn't exist in wurm already.

• Like 1