Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[RELEASED] Halloween Mod 1.2 - Updated 01/10/2019

Version 1.2 is out!

• Updated to WU 1.9 - thanks to ZuluByte for noticing an issue that would cause errors with the older versions
  • Added #spawnGravestone gm command - allows spawning ominous gravestones with guardians at current location (usable by gm power 2 and above, only above ground)
  • Added pumpkin helmet - craftable from carved pumpkin + greathelm (can be disabled in properties file)
    • Provides same protection as a greathelm
    • Keeps the material of the greathelm used to craft
    • Improves using platesmithing
  • Skull mask and witch hat art removed from pack as it's now in vanilla client
  • Slate skull masks (the black texture) changed to oleander as that's what vanilla uses for them
    • Existing masks material will be updated on startup, you can disable that from properties file

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/halloween/releases/download/v1.2/halloween-1.2.zip

unknown.png

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

This is a cool mod, but I'm seeing something that might be a side-effect.

Whenever I cut down a tree, say a walnut tree for instance, instead of a walnut stump I see a birch stump. Same for cedar trees: they produce a birch stump when felled.

Mousing over a stump with my GM, I see this:

-----------------------------

Walnut tree stump

model: stump.halloween.walnut

graphics.jar: trees/birchTreeStump.wom

------------------------------

I tried disabling the mod and/or setting the gravestone spawn rate to zero, but no change.

Is there any way to undo this?

54 minutes ago, Brian said:

This is a cool mod, but I'm seeing something that might be a side-effect.

Whenever I cut down a tree, say a walnut tree for instance, instead of a walnut stump I see a birch stump. Same for cedar trees: they produce a birch stump when felled.

Mousing over a stump with my GM, I see this:

-----------------------------

Walnut tree stump

model: stump.halloween.walnut

graphics.jar: trees/birchTreeStump.wom

------------------------------

I tried disabling the mod and/or setting the gravestone spawn rate to zero, but no change.

Is there any way to undo this?

This is a bug that happens during all holiday periods if memory serves. Not related to this mod. It was the same around Valentine's Day.

17 hours ago, Ayluin said:

This is a bug that happens during all holiday periods if memory serves. Not related to this mod. It was the same around Valentine's Day.

Thank you. I see now that the issue was also happening last Easter.

Sorry, Bdew, for suggesting that your mod may have a bug.  :)  It's really very cool.

yeah its a bug in wu client, there is no graphics map for the season tree stumps, so they revert to default birch stump, been like that for a while and pretty sure they know about it and never fixed it.

47 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

yeah its a bug in wu client, there is no graphics map for the season tree stumps, so they revert to default birch stump, been like that for a while and pretty sure they know about it and never fixed it.

Could this be an opportunity for a fun mod?  Like if the model says "stump.halloween.<treeType>" then return a Halloween-ish tree stump image?  Like orange with black jack-o-lantern face.  🙂   Same for the other season.

You have just outdone yourself, the updates are amazing!!! Might I suggest cobwebs for next year? I don't even know if it is possible. Just an idea. :P

You can set gravestoneCount=0 in the config file to disable the gravestones from spawning (= no event)

but you will still need server packs working to see any of the custom art for items etc.