Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[RELEASED] Halloween Mod 1.2 - Updated 01/10/2019

This mods adds a Halloween event. Ominous gravestones will spawn in random positions across the server (usually in foresty areas) with Evil Trees and Pumpkin Monsters around them. Players that find a gravestone and clear out the mobs guarding it will be able to investigate the gravestone to get a treat... or a trick :D

Downloads and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/halloween/releases

Many things about the mod can be configured in the properties file. Look at the comments there for more info.

This mod requires you to have httpserver and serverpacks mods installed and correctly configured on your server. Users will need the client mod launcher and serverpacks client-side mod.

This is required for showing the special mobs and without this they will look like default human NPCs.

This mod is not meant to be removed at the end of Halloween.

There are custom items, titles and achievements that players will keep and if you are using taxidermy mod players will be able to make stuffed corpses out of the new mobs.  
You can disable new gravestones from spawning in the config when you decide to end the event, or alternatively just keep it running permanently.

Info for server admins (SPOILERS!)

Spoiler

Investigating gravestones will result in a random outcome based on the following chances:

• 10% - 5 skeletons (during day) or 3 wraiths (during night) spawn and attack the player
  • 10% - 5 zombies attack the player
  • 5% - player gets hit by lightning
  • 5% - gravestone explodes and gives the player a burn wound
  • 10% - player is temporarily transformed (kinda like yellow potion)
  • 10% - player gets a random star gem 90+ ql 
  • 5% - player receives a witch hat (~90ql, improvable like CT items, provides same protection as an iron greathelm)
  • 5% - player receives a skull mask (~90ql, repairable but not improvable, 60% chance of normal, 20% chance slate, 10% chance silver, 10% chance gold)
  • 5% - player gets a random normal gem 90+ ql 
  • 5% - player gets a random coin up to 5s
  • 5% - player gets a pumpkin shoulder pad
  • 5% - player gets a skull shoulder pad
  • 5% - player gets a human skull shoulder pad
  • 5% - player gets a troll mask
  • 3% - player gets a strange bone (1/30 chance of supreme, 1/900 chance of fantastic)
  • 1% - player gets a transmutation rod
  • 1% - player gets a farwalker twig
  • 1% - player gets a farwalker stone
  • 1% - player gets a potion of woodcutting
  • 1% - player gets a potion of mining
  • 1% - player gets a potion of butchery
  • 1% - player gets a random sorcery item with 1 charge

This is not configurable but can be changed here (you'll need to compile a custom version of the mod) - https://github.com/bdew-wurm/halloween/blob/master/src/main/java/net/bdew/wurm/halloween/InvestigateGravestoneAction.java#L134-L275

Custom achievements and titles

Killing pumpkin monsters will give "Smashing pumpkins" achievement. After 100 the kills player will get "Pumpkin Smasher" title.

Killing evil trees will give "What a releaf" achievement.

Investigating ominous gravestones will give "Trick or treat" achievement. After 20 the kills player will get "Grave Robber" title. 

unknown.png

Edited by bdew
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, bdew said:

Investigating gravestones will result in a random outcome based on the following chances:

The mod looks great & fun, but the loot is much higher than we're going to want for the new server we're starting next month. I'm not absolutely sure I know how to make the changes and compile the new data.  Would you consider making it all configurable?  Gem ql, plus type of loot, plus % chance would all be helpful.  

Awesome job on the mod. I think I will use your mod instead of mine ?

26 minutes ago, Batta said:

The mod looks great & fun, but the loot is much higher than we're going to want for the new server we're starting next month. I'm not absolutely sure I know how to make the changes and compile the new data.  Would you consider making it all configurable?  Gem ql, plus type of loot, plus % chance would all be helpful.  

At the moment it'd take too much time (that i don't have) to make a comprehensive config system. It might happen in the future but no promises. The code should be pretty self explanatory and if you have any questions i'll do my best to answer them.

If anyone wants to use the mobs from this mod as pets with my minipets mod you can add the following to minipets_types.json 

If you use any custom entries in this file be sure to adjust the id's so they don't collide

{
    "id": 103,
    "name": "Evil Tree",
    "model": "model.creature.eviltree",
    "rarity": 1,
    "scale": 0.1
  },
  {
    "id": 104,
    "name": "Pumpkin Monster",
    "model": "model.creature.pumpkinmonster",
    "scale": 0.4
  }

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdew said:

If anyone wants to use the mobs from this mod as pets with my minipets mod you can add the following to minipets_types.json 

If you use any custom entries in this file be sure to adjust the id's so they don't collide

{
    "id": 103,
    "name": "Evil Tree",
    "model": "model.creature.eviltree",
    "scale": 0.1
  },
  {
    "id": 104,
    "name": "Pumpkin Monster",
    "model": "model.creature.pumpkinmonster",
    "scale": 0.4
  }

I'd like to add the pandas, ocelots, and zebras from Creature mod. Is this possible?  Is it simply a matter of setting the ids to 105-7, and using the proper model name?

3 minutes ago, Batta said:

I'd like to add the pandas, ocelots, and zebras from Creature mod. Is this possible?  Is it simply a matter of setting the ids to 105-7, and using the proper model name?

Yeah that should work. Also play with the scale value to make them sized reasonably.

24 minutes ago, bdew said:

Yeah that should work. Also play with the scale value to make them sized reasonably.

I'm trying this.  Does it look right?  I summoned one of each to get their correct model names, and scaled them the same as your mini-pets for lion, bear, and horse.  

Spoiler

{
    "id": 105,
    "name": "Ocelot",
    "model": "model.creature.quadraped.lion.ocelot",
    "scale": 0.5
  },
  {
    "id": 106,
    "name": "Panda",
    "model": "model.creature.quadraped.bear.panda",
    "scale": 0.3
  },
  {
    "id": 107,
    "name": "Zebra",
    "model": "model.creature.quadraped.horse.zebra",
  }
]

1 hour ago, Batta said:

I'm trying this.  Does it look right?  I summoned one of each to get their correct model names, and scaled them the same as your mini-pets for lion, bear, and horse.  

Hide contents

{
    "id": 105,
    "name": "Ocelot",
    "model": "model.creature.quadraped.lion.ocelot",
    "scale": 0.5
  },
  {
    "id": 106,
    "name": "Panda",
    "model": "model.creature.quadraped.bear.panda",
  },
  {
    "id": 107,
    "name": "Zebra",
    "model": "model.creature.quadraped.horse.zebra",
  }
]

looks ok to me

• Like 1

hi, very nice mod.

is it intended to always spawn gravestones at forests? any way to make it spawn in grass tiles?

4 hours ago, bdew said:

Updated to version 1.1

• Added witch hat - improvable with CT, provides same protection as an iron greathelm
  • Added skull mask - cosmetic, comes in 4 materials - bone, slate, silver, gold

Hmm, I installed this an hour ago, but we still don't have any pumpkins or trees spawning. No error message in the server log. I set the gravestoneCount to 0 - that doesn't affect the other two, does it?  When I do #versions the mod does show up on the list.

Edited by Batta

Batta - I believe in bdew's mod the pumpkins/trees only spawn around the gravestones w/ AI to protect the gravestones.   You might of been thinking of how Governor's Halloween mod scattered them as random spawns.

42 minutes ago, KalXen said:

Batta - I believe in bdew's mod the pumpkins/trees only spawn around the gravestones w/ AI to protect the gravestones.   You might of been thinking of how Governor's Halloween mod scattered them as random spawns.

That's correct they only spawn around gravestones.

1 hour ago, bdew said:

That's correct they only spawn around gravestones.

If I want to remove one of the loot items, can I just delete the lines, for example these:

} else if (roll < 93) {
            Item bone = ItemFactory.createItem(ItemList.boneCollar, 85f + Server.rand.nextFloat() * 10f, ItemMaterials.MATERIAL_UNDEFINED, makeRarity(30, true), null);
            performer.getInventory().insertItem(bone);
            comm.sendNormalServerMessage("You find a strange bone!");

Edited by Batta

11 hours ago, Batta said:

If I want to remove one of the loot items, can I just delete the lines, for example these:

Yes though yuo might want to adjust the percentages (the 93 in this case), simply removing the lines will add the chance to the next section of the code.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Griffith said:

is it intended to always spawn gravestones at forests? any way to make it spawn in grass tiles?

It looks for places with at least 5 trees/bushes within 5x5 of the spawn point. I'll add a config option for it in next update.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kauket said:

@bdewwill this work on 1.9?

It should be ok but i haven't deeply tested it with spawning turned on. I do have it running on my servers without atm.

• Like 1

@bdew These creatures are quite tough for my 2x server, but I don't want to make them too easy for the few skilled fighters, since the prizes are good.  I'd really like to make the ominous gravestones spawn only within a certain zone (a "Halloween Island") so that players have a choice of avoiding them completely.  I tried setting gravestones to 0, then just creating them with my wand but then they don't have guardians.  Is it possible to make GM-created gravestones automatically have guardians?  Or else, to cause them them to spawn only within a specified area?

EDIT:  One more thing is that I added this mod on 3 different LAN servers and got 100% pumpkin monsters, no evil trees.  Fluke?  When I tried to summon evil trees, they just poofed out of existence the second they spawned.

Edited by Batta

5 minutes ago, Batta said:

@bdew These creatures are quite tough for my 2x server, but I don't want to make them too easy for the few skilled fighters, since the prizes are good.  I'd really like to make the ominous gravestones spawn only within a certain zones so that players have a choice of avoiding them completely.  I tried setting gravestones to 0, then just creating them with my wand but then they don't have guardians.  Is it possible to make GM-created gravestones automatically have guardians?  Or else, to cause them them to spawn only within a specified area?

At the moment it's not possible but i could add a gm command to spawn a gravestone with guards  🤔

55 minutes ago, bdew said:

At the moment it's not possible but i could add a gm command to spawn a gravestone with guards  🤔

That would be great.  🙂