Sign in to follow this  
Etheria

Kick Players While AFK

I have autopay on my server for players online. 

Is there a way or a mod to kick players after being afk for more than 20 minutes? People are literally getting paid for sitting on the server all night while they sleep.

maybe your timedpay is too high? i give out 25copper an hour while easily they can make more doing other stuff on the server. just a wild guess.

25 copper an hour  ??    As in, six silver a day?

I'd never log off either ? but guessing you meant iron coins, or 6 copper a day, 1.8 silver or so a month  ...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

i give 25 copper an hour and 100 karma.  Even more money and/or karma to be made by playing the game.

my server is on the easy side, relatively easy to earn money hunting, treasure hunting foraging, trader draining, etc

But deeds cost regular and upkeep enabled, so i think it balances out.

Back on topic, i have a hard time attracting players and retaining them, i would never kick a player for being afk, if they afk to make money

either im paying too much, or they just like to  lurk in game and im fine with that. Hardly any reason why i would kick a player other than

being a jerk to others. And its not even to increase my player numbers, i think to me it goes with the sandbox description of the game.

I'm not trying to be rude- it's honestly your preference and your right to feel that way.

It's just the way I'm trying to run my server is all. 

I'm still in search of this so for anyone who can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 3:52 PM, Etheria said:

I have autopay on my server for players online. 

Is there a way or a mod to kick players after being afk for more than 20 minutes? People are literally getting paid for sitting on the server all night while they sleep.

#kick <playername>   works

Or were you wanting it to be automated so you wouldn't have to be there to do it?

Edited by Batta

Just a remark: It's common for priests to idle in order to regain favor.

10 hours ago, Cecci said:

True. But now they don't need to, since all priests can just sacrifice chopped veggies for fast favor regen.

I've since then de-activated the mod because I couldn't get any help with it. But I wanted to answer these just because they were never answered. 

On 10/21/2018 at 11:02 PM, Batta said:

#kick <playername>   works

Or were you wanting it to be automated so you wouldn't have to be there to do it?

People were idling while I would be sleeping as well. However that command may be useful in the future. 

On 10/22/2018 at 11:45 PM, Cecci said:

On our server you get 999ish max favor and it restores hella quick. Faith gains are immediate and the prayer timer is basically non-existent. You can just lay on the pray key for a while and get your faith up to max in just a short while. 

On 10/23/2018 at 10:29 AM, Batta said:

True. But now they don't need to, since all priests can just sacrifice chopped veggies for fast favor regen.

We have graciously been allowed to use Ausimus's religious fragment mod for sacrificing. One rock shard produces tons of these and they bring your favor up almost instantly if they're high enough q (and with the skill gain on our server you only struggle for a small time) so that's not even the issue. 

On 10/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, Griffith said:

i have a hard time attracting players and retaining them,

It's the rift mobs, lol.  Very scary when you're a newbie with no good weapon, armour, or skills.  Life gets easier the moment you make a recall rune though.  ?

• Like 1