Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Update Creature Spawners

Lets make them bigger and more creative.  For unicorns, maybe a mini grove of willow trees with a bit of a glow?  Goblin hut actually look more like a hut?  You know how a guard tower sits on a single tile, but is far bigger than the tile it sits on?  Can we apply the same properties to a spawner to give it a larger size? Like a tower, no building on the tile right next to it.

For trolls, how about a broken stone bridge?

gxY7CtF.jpg

I think this is a graphical part of Wurm that has been overlooked for many years.  Certainly not as important as other upgrades, but I think it is ready for a change.

• Like 5

I was hoping for a description of where crabs would spawn. But +1 anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holar said:

Bring back regional spawns!

I'm curious to know how those worked.  I assume they were a long time ago?

well

i never thought we needed this, but we do

1 hour ago, armyskin said:

I was hoping for a description of where crabs would spawn. But +1 anyway.

Image result for krusty krab

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I'm curious to know how those worked.  I assume they were a long time ago?

Spiders, scorpions, wolves and “domestic” animals spawned anywhere. Trolls, goblins, unicorns were spread out on Wild/Chaos and JK home. So instead of seeing a little bit of everything like now, you actually had to make a trip on foot across a huge map to fight certain monsters. Made adventuring fun and pvp interesting.

• Like 1

+1 from me as well.

And I would also like to go back to the old spawning behaviour that had certain critters (unicorns, goblins) and every conditioned critter being spawned by lairs only. That spawning always gave a dynamic feeling to a region (He, look, there's a raging troll, there must be a lair in this region, let's go and find it) instead of the rather random scattering we have now.

• Like 2

+1 to this

A better spawning system is really needed; at least something to better balance midgame.

4 hours ago, Eobersig said:

+1 from me as well.

And I would also like to go back to the old spawning behaviour that had certain critters (unicorns, goblins) and every conditioned critter being spawned by lairs only. That spawning always gave a dynamic feeling to a region (He, look, there's a raging troll, there must be a lair in this region, let's go and find it) instead of the rather random scattering we have now.

+1 to the suggestion, and another +1 to this suggestion for the suggestion. ?

Not that I’ve been around long enough to know what the “old” spawning system was like, but anything to make some areas feel more unique with regard to hostile mobs will always be a plus in my book.

Edited by Thalius

Image result for unicorn house

This could work for Unis   (on a serious note I'd vote for oak bonsai grove)

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 12:57 PM, Mordraug said:

Image result for unicorn house

This could work for Unis   (on a serious note I'd vote for oak bonsai grove)

Awe why did you change this to "on a serious note..." I would vote for that AS IS!!

How about chance for humanoids in the game.. to lurk around guard towers.. and based on some factors to .. eventually infest them and at that point attack the guards, on success convert the guard tower to humanoid spawner, working only for offdeed places, sniffing walls or houses within half the range of the tower - to bash them, and if there's a trickster making that big pen to farm humanoids... add that as a no-no to ToS.

you want fun mechanics.. keep it fun for everyone ?

Restoring towers... slaughtering all humanoids that have infested it.. leading to a champ spawn or 2-3-5. idk.. than some extra gimmick to restore the tower to normal one, which could have benefitial effect of +5/10ql or w/e.. for the tower...

could require priest to bless the tower, could have crafting item required, signs, emotes, or w/e else...

I was ok with just a troll hub to visit and restore.. this could bring the attention to certain places.. helping new players from time to time.. with their local tower making people interact with each other etc... could be a thing that cant happen to every tower for the obvious farms of 1000s of these.. but that could be ~easily fixed with range and some remembering when last tower in the area was infested.. that could imobilize every other near by tower in 1-2 locals for certain time making the farms of towers pointless if 1 event kills 10-20 potential new spawns for same delay.

Probably missing something but idk, there's some food for thought.

Overall ~+1 just make it something more than a dumb spawner hive

o7

• Like 1