Sign in to follow this  
Devorn

Equipment Loadouts/UI Change

I was just thinking. It be really cool if we could have different Loadouts for Equipment, allowing us to change what we have equipped with a Single Click. Picture it. Your out scouting the land and see a monster in the distance. Your wearing Leather Armor and equipped with a bow. You shoot at the monsters damaging it some but triggering its aggro after you. You stay shooting your arrows but now its getting too close. Press this loadout button and Boom. Your now in Full Plate Armor with shield and sword. You stab the monster and he falls to the ground lifeless. Now you butcher the body and press the other loadout to place back on your Leather armor. Or imagine that your out mining in a dark cave somewhere, when out of no where a Lava fiend attacks. You have no armor on because it was slowing down your movement. You press this Loadout and Boom. Full Plate equipped and your ready for battle. No need looking through your inventory to equip piece by piece anymore. When your done slaughtering the lava fiend you press another loadout and boom. All your gear is off except your pickaxe and now you can go back to mining. This effective armor change would balance out because you would need both sets of armor in your inventory to change between them. I think there should essentially be 3 Loadouts that a player could "save" equipment to. Then someone could save 1 for no gear(just the tool) 1 for leather gear with weapon of bow and 1 for plate with shield and sword. Or however they choose to save their loadouts. Allow all the loadouts to be hotkeyed so a player could use the keyboard to change between their armor sets. Let me hear a +1 on this topic :D

Edited by Devorn

7 minutes ago, armyskin said:

No

Care to explain why you appose?

There is no need to swap out armour. And if anything there should be a longer timer to equip each single piece. The last thing we need is gear hotswapping. Hell, chaos even went so far as to have a timer added to swapping when in combat. I would say that is a step in the right direction. Archery debuff for heavy armour is so minimal that you can barely notice any difference. And if you are mining then you are standing in place anyway so you don't have examples of its need.

• Like 1

Not as fast as a keybind, but you can easily create groups in your inventory, stuff like 'defence' that will contain your plate and LT weapon, 'casul' that will have your leather with double wielding just for the kicks, etc. You open the group, select everthing with shift and drag it over the character window. If you want to go naked you have the 'unequip all' now for that as well, so it's a bit more work to maintain it but easily doable with the current mechanics.

Edited by faty

Can just keep stuff needed to fight/whatever in its own group, when you need it, just shift click, open paperdoll, drag everything boom instantly swapped

Mostly I'd use this for my priests. Usually they're naked, but sometimes when I skill or when I go out and travel to unique fights I put on armor. It's just a bit of a pain to strip them when I get home.

Swapping out gear with a hotkey or even in a drop-down menu would be a nice QoL option for pve.

I like the idea of being able to switch gear with the click of a button to make things simpler, but not for the reason given in the suggestion.  Not realistic to be able to switch gear in a snap when engaging an enemy, be it pvp or pve in nature.  Include a timer based on the armor/gear set and I’ll give the idea +1 as a Qol improvement.

Even with that though, changing weapons and gear is not so tedious a thing as to warrant my wanting this to be a priority for the devs.