Sign in to follow this  
Tenniel

[RELEASED] Player Transfer Mod

This is a very small and simple mod, but could be useful. What it does is transferring skills, money and karma, from the database file of one server, to that of a player while in game, so no need to edit any db, or restart the server. Just install the mod on your server and place the wurmplayers.db file in the directory of your world, where the map-files are. Then use the "#transfer" command, for any character you'd like to transfer. Items won't be transferred this way, only skills, money and karma.

#transfer <player> <dbFile> <dbPlayer>  -- transfer a player's money, karma and skills from an external db

player: The name of the player on your server, who must be online and logged in.

dbFile: Should not use the ".db" file extension, only the name of the file, i.e. "wurmplayers".

dbPlayer: The name of the player in the db-file.

This could also be used as a way to change character names, by transferring skills from one character to another, using the db-file of the same server. The highest skill will be picked, from both of the skill-sets.

This command is set to only be accessed by a GM with power 5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggfx251l171nysv/transfer.zip?dl=0

Edit: There are no code injections in this mod, it should not cause any conflicts with other mods.

Edited by Tenniel
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 11:21 AM, Tenniel said:

Just install the mod on your server and place the wurmplayers.db file in the directory of your world, where the map-files are.

Where does it get installed?  Mods folder?

And does this mean that it creates a new wurmplayers.db, uses the old one, or ?

Sorry, I have very limited understanding of this stuff, but this looks very useful.

35 minutes ago, Batta said:

Where does it get installed?  Mods folder?

And does this mean that it creates a new wurmplayers.db, uses the old one, or ?

Sorry, I have very limited understanding of this stuff, but this looks very useful.

Place the mod in the usual way, the properties file and the jar file are placed in the mods directory, and the jar-file should be in the transfer-subdirectory the way it's extracted.

Make sure you place the wurmplayer.db in the map-directory, and not in the sqlite-directory. It does not replace the existing one and does not create a new. It only reads from db-files and then changes the skills in-game as if the skills were gained normally, so you will gain skill-titles.

It can be used for example if players from another server wants to transfer to your server, but you don't want to connect the servers, or if you are migrating from one server to another and where you only have backups or the old server.

There's been requests for also transferring alignment, faith, favour, and deity, and meditation path. Might add that later, but it can easily be set with normal GM-tools, while setting 130+ skills is a lot of work, especially if you have more than one player to transfer.

Edited by Tenniel
  • Like 1

I just started setting up a new server, and tried this for the first time.  It works great!  Thank you very much for this.  

• Like 1

@TennielWould it be possible to add Characteristics to this?  I use it mainly to get my GM toons up to full skills, but it ignores Characteristics so they still need to be done manually, one by one.

Thanks again for this great mod.  We use it on every new server, and it saves so much work.