Sign in to follow this  
AshesOfRebirth

Question about cluster

I had recently created a cluster, which worked, but ultimately, we realised we had a few peculiar issues, and we wish to remove the cluster, specifically the login server. 

My question, if I kill the cluster, and set the second map as standalone, should all characters and work be retained on that map when booting it up, or will it create issues cause of missing info from the login server? 

Thanks. 

I think,  that if the last time the characters logged out was on the second map, they should be ok.

Any one that logged out on the old log in server and you remove it, j think the server will ask them to create a new character.

FMI, what issues are you having with the log in server currently?

Everything works well, but every since we have a cluster, we have been having weird issues. 

On the second server, some things seems "doubled" when they aren't supposed to. (Example, a tower with only ONE guard will see two guards responding twice when asked for help)
Some messages and some things are always written in double. But that's okay. The main issue is when any guard is killed on the second server, it goes into a crazy loop. 

One guard spawns, insta dies, another guard spawns, insta dies, and it creates a crazy loop of sound of people dying and a flood of text. About 5 guards spawns and die per second, and everybody around it starts crashing due to a buffer overflow. 

I have ruled out about everything else, the only thing that changed since we had that issue is having a cluster. 

We thought of that. We have a homeserver Freedom login, we tried playing with such settings as well, nothing did. But the damage is done now anyway, and the login map is basically a desert already. We failed in our cluster attempt so we will salvage what we can with the PVP map and it's current player base.